Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
And sure I'll use Noctua A12x25.
ah forgot about the part where you said to use 17mm thick rad up top. In that case I think 2x ACTIVE TX240 would have better temps. I'm using the X570i Strix also, having an additional fan in the Mobo chamber to aid airflow and cool the PCH, M.2 would be much better than choking it off with the glass panel.

Still, please make it happen! For the science, as the proof is in the pudding!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Basically LT240 radiator with higher FPI right?
I think is a worth trying! But I think the TX like the GTS have also more channels! The thing is: we miss rads in the 25mm thickness and 120mm wide. There is plenty of good 27mm rad, amazing 30mm rad, 1 only incredible 20mm rad, but is 125mm wide.

I am happy with the TX. But there are tons of people that want something easy to get, fits well, and give you the performance of an NZXT X53, but being possible to change/add every parts if possible!

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
I think is a worth trying! But I think the TX like the GTS have also more channels! The thing is: we miss rads in the 25mm thickness and 120mm wide. There is plenty of good 27mm rad, amazing 30mm rad, 1 only incredible 20mm rad, but is 125mm wide.

I am happy with the TX. But there are tons of people that want something easy to get, fits well, and give you the performance of an NZXT X53, but being possible to change/add every parts if possible!
@Wahaha360 you guys are really throwing a spanner in my plans, was going to just get the new aurora lt 240 when it comes out, then decided to get the aurora lt solo pump block and use and EK SE Classic, and now your talking about a custom radiator XD.

I've got 3 months until my case arrives so plenty of time to decide ?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Cool! By heart I would say 18mm core, 25mm rad with 18/20fpi.

the TX is 22fpi with a 16mm core

The Koolance also has the higher performance but only at higher fans speed! The GTS is more balanced for example!
@Wahaha360 @fabio

TX is 20mm with 16mm core 13 tubes 22fpi (shroud to core difference is 2mm each side)

GTS is 30mm with 20mm core 14 tubes 16fpi (shroud to core is 5mm each side)

Hardware labs L series (bitspower leviathan) is exact same as GTS but 12 tubes.

EK classic is the same as L series but 27mm (so shroud is 3.5mm each side?)

Koolance CU720 is 30mm with 20mm core 12 tubes 30fpi (shroud is 5mm each side).

So lowest shroud height of 2mm each side is possible but most choose 5mm. And by the way, hardware labs is the OEM for all but the XSPC above. The XSPC performs very well despite thinner core, so if we are talking fully custom radiator for AIO solution, my dream would be:

17mm overall thickness, 15mm core, between 22-30FPI (say 25?), 12 tubes. And the key is shroud to core height of 2mm on one side and 0mm on the other. So give up push pull option but gain 2x A12x25 possiblity. But some might wonder if they wanted to put the fans on the other side (push instead of pull or vice versa), the solution is easy: 4 ports totals like the leviathan SF, so you simply flip the radiator around and still have ports on the other side. This would be END-GAME radiator.

Edit: adding alphacool ST25 (which I assume is same as st30 with shorter shrouds, I think safe to assume since ST30 has just a 16mm core in 30mm body) 25mm overall, 16mm core, 16fpi, 14 tubes, so shrouds of 4.5mm each side.

Edit 2: @stanleyguan has a great point of the 17mm radiator on taobao, the core is flush with screw hole shrouds. Simply keep fins and tubes out of the area of the screw holes and you can have a 17mm core, high fin density, full size fan capable, ultimate SFF radiator.

Last edited:

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
@Wahaha360 @fabio

TX is 20mm with 16mm core 13 tubes 22fpi (shroud to core difference is 2mm each side)

So lowest shroud height of 2mm each side is possible but most choose 5mm. And by the way, hardware labs is the OEM for all but the XSPC above. The XSPC performs very well despite thinner core, so if we are talking fully custom radiator for AIO solution, my dream would be:

17mm overall thickness, 15mm core, between 22-30FPI (say 25?), 12 tubes. And the key is shroud to core height of 2mm on one side and 0mm on the other. So give up push pull option but gain 2x A12x25 possiblity. But some might wonder if they wanted to put the fans on the other side (push instead of pull or vice versa), the solution is easy: 4 ports totals like the leviathan SF, so you simply flip the radiator around and still have ports on the other side. This would be END-GAME radiator.

Edit: adding alphacool ST25 (which I assume is same as st30 with shorter shrouds, I think safe to assume since ST30 has just a 16mm core in 30mm body) 25mm overall, 16mm core, 16fpi, 14 tubes, so shrouds of 4.5mm each side.
I just bought 2 slim 15mm fans in preparation for getting my case, ill have to get some 25mm fans if you do that XD

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
@Wahaha360 @fabio

I hope someone comes up with a design where the entire thickness is the core. With the 17mm Hanjiang radiator I tested, the screws actually go into the core (the fins just get pushed out of the way). I think with some customization one can make a radiator where the screw holes sit flush with the core, and the fins under the screw holes are simply removed to accommodate the screws. Then we can have a 17mm-core radiator with 25mm fans!

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
ah forgot about the part where you said to use 17mm thick rad up top. In that case I think 2x ACTIVE TX240 would have better temps. I'm using the X570i Strix also, having an additional fan in the Mobo chamber to aid airflow and cool the PCH, M.2 would be much better than choking it off with the glass panel.

Still, please make it happen! For the science, as the proof is in the pudding!
I'll figure it out. I ordered a big batch of PVC sheet so that I can try different sealing methods. At least I'll try to cut down a strip of the bottom sealing PVC. That provides fresh air to the motherboard and the PSU. I'll figure out the actual trade off of doing it.

And if finally we finally we found that dual active 240 wins I'll change to the dual 240 build. That way I can use silverstone's argb slim fan. The build will be much more beautiful I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: thelaughingman

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
would be better to see AIO with double 120mm radiators, so cpu and gpu will each get cooled liquid.

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
Search turned up nothing...

Does anyone run a 2080ti FE or AIB air cooled in this? Seems everyone runs a watercooled version.

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
how do you fit 27mm rad with 25mm fans in the T1? ?

probaby using a 120mm rad, although our resident mad scientists @DrHudacris and @fabio will figure out a way to do this on a 240mm rad lol

What would work better? A slim rad (27mm) with 25mm fans or a thicker rad (37mm) with 15mm fans?
a slim rad with 25mm fans BY FAR. Better airflow is always gonna be better than a thicker rad. A thick rad will just compound the problem of slim fans not being able to push air with enough static pressure through unless the slim fan is running at jet engine speeds

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
probaby using a 120mm rad, although our resident mad scientists @DrHudacris and @fabio will figure out a way to do this on a 240mm rad lol

a slim rad with 25mm fans BY FAR. Better airflow is always gonna be better than a thicker rad. A thick rad will just compound the problem of slim fans not being able to push air with enough static pressure through unless the slim fan is running at jet engine speeds
Agreed that 25mm fans + slim rad will probably work better. Someone sands down those Noctua 25mms to fit TX240 please :)

Reactions: Madhawk1995

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
120mm rad is easy, I can probably run that in push-pull with 2x 25mm thick fans so I don't think we're discussing about it here. to fit 25mm fan on 27mm thick 240mm rad you need to remove 10mm from either the fan or the rad or both, which is just not possible

Agreed that 25mm fans + slim rad will probably work better. Someone sands down those Noctua 25mms to fit TX240 please :)
@DrHudacris sanded down Scythe Kaze Flex and I think @wenyuax is going to sand down Noctua A12x25 soon.

Reactions: DrHudacris