Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Right, I noticed that afterward, Probably not a good idea to run 3 slot mode if he's running an 120mm AIO. I'm curious what he's running for the GPU that requires that additional space.
I'm curious, why do you think a 120mm AIO in 3 slot mode is a bad idea? I ran a 120 AIO (the same one OP is running) in 3 slot mode just fine, the limitation I had was the cooler. If anything 3 slot is better for the 120mm AIO (or any AIO/Radiator for that matter) because there's a lot more space for the radiator to get air

Reactions: ellroy80

devolv

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2020
I'm curious, why do you think a 120mm AIO in 3 slot mode is a bad idea? I ran a 120 AIO (the same one OP is running) in 3 slot mode just fine, the limitation I had was the cooler. If anything 3 slot is better for the 120mm AIO (or any AIO/Radiator for that matter) because there's a lot more space for the radiator to get air
Well for one, AIO Tubings aren't that flexible to run through the tight space needed for 3 slot mode, as in making the bends in the remaining 55mm space for the CPU socket and remaining space around the motherboard and RAM. Secondly the additional space on the GPU side makes no difference for the radiator at getting air regardless of whether your in 2 slot or 3 slot mode. The only reason you'll ever go 3 slot is:
  1. You're running a 3 slot GPU
  2. You're going with a custom loop with tighter tubing / fittings to allow for space for a reservoir in the GPU compartment
  3. You want to run PCIE X8x8 Bifurcation for 2 PCIE components; 2xGPU or 1GPU + 1PCIE peripheral card.

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Ok so when it comes to partners cards, having a hole in the back plate should not negatively impact thermals as if that hole is blocked due to the psu, the card will just exhaust normally like normal cards, HOWEVER this is not the same for the reference, for the reference card the fin stack looks to be completely surrounded (by metal or plastic) this is so the only way air CAN go is through the hole in the backplate, if that hole is blocked then that heat cannot escape.

i wouldn't worry about partner cards having a hole in the back plate as they should perform decently regardless, however if a card is designed ENTIRELY on all the air escaping through that hole like the reference, then id be cautious
I've got my case set up in three slot mode and inverted the psu so that the fan is pointing inwards. That way it can suck the hot air from the 3090 and send it up to the radiator.

Reactions: fabio

1nce

Case Bender
New User
Sep 5, 2020
Hold on, depends which type of riser is. My 3M is super tight and is a 25mm ;)
Do different manufaturers label length differently? I'm a bit confused ?

I measured the stock riser cable to be 20cm, every part of it included in the length.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Do different manufaturers label length differently? I'm a bit confused ?

I measured the stock riser cable to be 20cm, every part of it included in the length.
Is not that, is also how the cables are made physically. There cables that need to be double bent, others that doesn't need the bend, etc...

And yes, sometimes the manufacturers use a different start/end points to count the cm, unfortunately!

Caleb

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2020
BTW, The Reference Card RTX3080/90 Blocks from EKWB, with the RGB shit, are ONLY 230mm long! This means we will have a LOT of space to play for other stuff!!
View attachment 737

Damn I wonder how long the 3070 blocks will be then. I don't think we will be able to cool a 10700k and 3080 on a single 240m rad so 1070 to 3070 will be a good enough upgrade for me and only 220W

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
So, I've tried to see IF the SPC can allow a TX240 on the GPU side, but, 99.5%, is a NO!

BTW, The Reference Card RTX3080/90 Blocks from EKWB, with the RGB shit, are ONLY 230mm long! This means we will have a LOT of space to play for other stuff!!
View attachment 737
with the shorter Ampere block the pump can be rotated 90 degrees, then pushed back towards the spine and that should give the space for the TX240?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
with the shorter Ampere block the pump can be rotated 90 degrees, then pushed back towards the spine and that should give the space for the TX240?
Nope, This is impossible in any case! The only way is to use a Pump/CPU block combo! The good things of the shorter GPU block is that you can also use a full pump and reservoir vertically!

I mean, at least for the DDC. Maybe using the SPC can work!!

grinny

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
Finally managed to finalize (kind of) my first water cooling build, thanks to everyone in this topic.

@fabio Mad respect for your work, it really is tight space man!

Few things to correct before calling it finished. (If it ever finishes?)

To do list;
  1. I guess I still have air pocket in the pump, since I hear running water sounds from time to time. (I guess I will get a cheap reservoir and try to push out/put more liquid with it.)
  2. Get an offset adapter or 45 degree elbow for rad entrance. Now the tube is connected directly to rad, and it has light kink.
  3. Get the pump cables sleeved.
  4. Get an NVME drive:D
  5. Although PSU cables don't bother me too much, I'll probably get custom thinner cables soon.
  6. I'm thinking about getting another 90 degree turn for the right bottom corner. (Holding on to this idea, since I might use risers to push PSU to the side cover for better cable management)
  7. Get a new gen two slot GPU so I can close the other lid☺ Hopefully with water block attached ?
Here are some shots of my case;

Last edited:

laplamgor

Cable Smoosher
May 22, 2019
Nope, This is impossible in any case! The only way is to use a Pump/CPU block combo! The good things of the shorter GPU block is that you can also use a full pump and reservoir vertically!

I mean, at least for the DDC. Maybe using the SPC can work!!

What if replacing ddc with dual 3600 dc-lt pump? That Alphacool Plexi top im using is only 37mm in thickness