Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Asus has updated their website to include more specs.

Looks like the strix may be the absolute fattest 3080 that MAY fit. It is really right on the limit of what the T1 supports. And until we try we dont know if the recessed power connectors will clear the top panel. Another thing is that it takes 3 8pins. Can the SF750 or 600 support that?
It's 318.5mm on length the T1 is only capable of a GPU length of 312.4mm. Buy an EVGA FTW3 3090. Strix won't fit in this case without a waterblock.

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
for everyone asking about the 30 series cards and if they will fit optium tech has just mad a video on them. Obviously you should till wait to seee the actual thermals but the video does mention the obvious problem the card has with sandwich style cases, and the lack of clearance in front of the exhaust fan

6:53 is where he mentions the T1

F7IN

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
Got around to building mines today, been having some real trouble with cable management though. Really struggling to get the AIO tubes and the 24 pin cable to be flat enough. It also doesn't help that the pump is powered by SATA and I don't have a singular SATA power cable, only the daisy chain type.

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Got around to building mines today, been having some real trouble with cable management though. Really struggling to get the AIO tubes and the 24 pin cable to be flat enough. It also doesn't help that the pump is powered by SATA and I don't have a singular SATA power cable, only the daisy chain type.

Pimpin ain't easy.

• Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Honestly don’t foresee it being a big problem - the TDP is a much bigger factor than the airflow.
Except airflow does mater quite a bit. If you can't effectively remove the hot air from the system and effectively draw in cool air at the same time, then the cooling will be much, much worse. Airflow is what drives cooling, if you don't have airflow, you have no cooling, and with a high TDP chip like the 3090/80, airflow is even more important.

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019

Do you guys think we can fit 3x noctuas A9x14 there in between the two rails of the radiator without modding it? I dont plan on going with waterblocks so air is my only way out, meaning I'd probably have to deshroud this bad boy. This is from EVGA btw.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Do you guys think we can fit 3x noctuas A9x14 there in between the two rails of the radiator without modding it? I dont plan on going with waterblocks so air is my only way out, meaning I'd probably have to deshroud this bad boy. This is from EVGA btw.

Do you want our thoughts with no experience/CAD files/physical card? Idk, you might be able to fit 120x25 fans on there probably, or maybe just a bunch of 40x10mm...or anything in between.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you noctua... Here is my side panels off Heaven steady state temps.

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Do you want our thoughts with no experience/CAD files/physical card? Idk, you might be able to fit 120x25 fans on there probably, or maybe just a bunch of 40x10mm...or anything in between.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you noctua... Here is my side panels off Heaven steady state temps.

That's reasonable given the load. Did you use two or three fans on the top rad?

Nhilros

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2020
for everyone asking about the 30 series cards and if they will fit optium tech has just mad a video on them. Obviously you should till wait to seee the actual thermals but the video does mention the obvious problem the card has with sandwich style cases, and the lack of clearance in front of the exhaust fan

6:53 is where he mentions the T1

This has reassured my ideas i posted earlier in the thread about going 2-slot 3080 FE for the T1.

Tell you what guys, 3080 AIB designs are a big red flag for the T1 currently.
All the AIB i have seen so far have an exhaust in the back PCB, EVGA, MSI, Asus, etc. And since none of them fit in T1 in 2-slot mode, you'll have to configure the case for 3-slot. What happens then? No air gap between that back exhaust and PSU.

3080 FE is currently, in my opinion, the best fit for T1 case.

laplamgor

Cable Smoosher
May 22, 2019
@fabio found it.

you could try something like that or might just have to wait for the distro plate to free up space

Thank you.

I finally installed the fansssss.

Cable management is a disaster. It is definitely not as clean as fabio's tx120 ( ? ).
Ran a quick test and got 3~4C improvement @30% PWM (~3k RPM, which has similar noise level of full speed a12x15)
Will have more tests when I have time.

The other side is still good.