Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Can anyone measure the center to center distance between the feet for me? Both directions please. I need them for a personal project/accessory I'm working on. Preferably @Wahaha360 or anyone else with the cad files haha

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
The Aorus, despite the number of ports, has way better chipset temp! The VRM I cannot say anything, because Asus for some reason has blocked the reading of the temp on this board.
yeah, ASUS engineers can't figure out how to show the # properly, what a joke ? ? ? the temp can be fixed with that extra A12x15 on top of the block like yours anyway hehe.
also somehow the VRM/Chipset fans on the Asus spinning at 5000-6000RPM is not as annoying as the Aorus, maybe just my ears

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I had to install the chipset or general MB drivers before I could see my Asus VRM temps. I can't remember exactly how I got them, but I remember I had to install some driver. Maybe it was a BIOS update as well.
I have everything latest, up-to-date installed, including flashing the latest BIOS and there's still no VRM temp, not even in BIOS

Reactions: Wahaha360 and fabio

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
The case finally arrived today, yay. Too bad, I won't have time to assemble it this week, oh well, by now it doesn't matter waiting yet another week :) So to sum up the ordering process:

10th July: Ordered Case, Shipping date 31st July
27th July: Received Tracking No.
31st July: Case arrived in germany, was held back from general customs office in frankfurt
1st August: Sent paperwork to clear customs
5th August: Paperwork arrived at the customs office (letter delivery was way slower than usual, normally letters are delivered the next day)
7th August: Customs cleared
10th August: Package arrived at my destination

worldtour

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2019
After a couple delayed orders. I finally have all my components ready.

The_Candyman

Efficiency Noob
Jul 8, 2020
Ease of build is about the same, I've used both boards and sticking with the Strix, whereas @fabio had both in the T1 each for a period of time and now sticks with the Aorus. It's more or less which one has the features that you want more
The Aorus, despite the number of ports, has way better chipset temp! The VRM I cannot say anything, because Asus for some reason has blocked the reading of the temp on this board.
Thanks for the input on the x570 boards :), sounds like I should just get cheaper Aorus one.
And now to wait for radiators and pumps to come back in stock.

Reactions: thelaughingman

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
The case finally arrived today, yay. Too bad, I won't have time to assemble it this week, oh well, by now it doesn't matter waiting yet another week :) So to sum up the ordering process:

10th July: Ordered Case, Shipping date 31st July
27th July: Received Tracking No.
31st July: Case arrived in germany, was held back from general customs office in frankfurt
1st August: Sent paperwork to clear customs
5th August: Paperwork arrived at the customs office (letter delivery was way slower than usual, normally letters are delivered the next day)
7th August: Customs cleared
10th August: Package arrived at my destination

Wow, you need 1 week for customs clearing and 3 days to arrived? I can say I'm proud enough with my Indonesia Customs right now. Me less in one day, by email and phone if something "fishy" in our package and arrived next day. Well depends which city residents.
--
Will wait your build :D

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
Got the 25mm-thick Coolworld 240 radiator w/ fill port in. Top (closest to camera) is Coolworld, bottom is LT240-

Matte paint job and what appears to a much higher FPI (I'm not going to pretend to know how that works). Had quite a bit of debris inside of it though, so 1000% recommend cleaning it before inserting it into a loop. Also smells a bit like paint.

Preliminary stress testing has it ~2c cooler on average than the LT240 radiator at ~180w load (prime95 26.6, 9700k @ 5ghz / 1.28v) after 10 minutes, which is just enough of an improvement to keep my one gimpy core from failing at that voltage. I'll retest a few more times tomorrow night after the thermal paste has had time to cure and see if there's any further improvement.

And for those that orient the radiator in the traditional layout (tubing ports underneath the PSU), the fill port does appear to line up very well with the hole in the back of the case if you mount the fan between the radiator and motherboard. I believe W360 has the radiator (or posted pics of it previously), so he might be able to verify it.

Last edited:

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
Got the 25mm-thick Coolworld 240 radiator w/ fill port in. Top (closest to camera) is Coolworld, bottom is LT240-

Matte paint job and what appears to a much higher FPI (I'm not going to pretend to know how that works). Had quite a bit of debris inside of it though, so 1000% recommend cleaning it before inserting it into a loop. Also smells a bit like paint.

Preliminary stress testing has it ~2c cooler on average than the LT240 radiator at ~180w load (prime95 26.6, 9700k @ 5ghz / 1.28v) after 10 minutes, which is just enough of an improvement to keep my one gimpy core from failing at that voltage. I'll retest a few more times tomorrow night after the thermal paste has had time to cure and see if there's any further improvement.

And for those that orient the radiator in the traditional layout (tubing ports underneath the PSU), the fill port does appear to line up very well with the hole in the back of the case if you mount the fan between the radiator and motherboard. I believe W360 has the radiator (or posted pics of it previously), so he might be able to verify it.
2 degrees is within error margins, but promising so far. Looking forward to further testing

This is shaping up to be my No.1 choice of rad for a custom loop

Piotr

Efficiency Noob
Apr 26, 2020
2 degrees is within error margins, but promising so far. Looking forward to further testing

This is shaping up to be my No.1 choice of rad for a custom loop
Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing with us your results! Can you post the link to dis radiator please?