Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

cldskt

Trash Compacter
Mar 5, 2020
I didn't order Cerakote White paint, instead a recommended coating process that I don't know the translation to, more durable supposedly (we will see).
Could you be referring to Electrophoresis White (E-White) or Micro Arc Oxidation (more like light grey, but maybe)? I think those two are other common finishing options for Aluminium, at least for keyboards.

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Hi everyone, long time lurker here!

I've been watching this project since inception and it's a looking like the best contender for my next build. Has anyone thought about doing a dual internal+external radiator build with this case? I was thinking LT240/equivalent internally and then using the back ports with quick release fittings for an external rad that could be used when undertaking heavier workloads.

Thoughts?
You might have to cut the top grill to get this to work.(idk where else you could route the tubing from rad to rad from) And it would be super tight with the fittings but I'm sure you can make it happen. You should call it the Sandwich T1.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

I've been watching this project since inception and it's a looking like the best contender for my next build. Has anyone thought about doing a dual internal+external radiator build with this case? I was thinking LT240/equivalent internally and then using the back ports with quick release fittings for an external rad that could be used when undertaking heavier workloads.

Thoughts?
You're gonna put the GPU in the loop also right? In that case (pun unintentionally intentionally intended haha), if the T1 is in 3 slots mode there's 60mm to work with, the GPU on waterblock takes up 1 slot (if more somebody pls correct me). That leaves 40mm, about snug for a 25mm rad + 15mm fan or 27mm rad + 12mm fan (the Scythe slim).

Obviously I don't know how the tubing would run in such setup "insert experts pls help here" but an intriguing proposition imo

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

Thoughts?

Why not just get a bigger case which supports a dual rad setup?

In terms of heavier workloads, what are you going to use it for, rendering, graphics, video editing?

If that's the case, check out @fabio build with a 3950x and a RTX titan.

If you need more power than that, you will need to get a threadripper or a matx which supports dual GPU's.

Reactions: 0Zx

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020

Thoughts?
This should be possible. @fabio already did a build, where he used an external pump+res, so an external rad should be no problem.
I would say you should go for EK classic 240 inside the case with an Alphacool DC-LT 2600 pump+DC-LT Solo Top and an EK Coolstream XE (insert your size) with a stronger pump+res outside the case.
For fittings and tubing I will use all TPV Series from Alphacool, maybe that is also something for you :)

My fan recommandation would be:

25mm:
Noctua NF-A12x25 (best performance) ~30$
Arctic P12 (all black) ~7$
EK Vardar ((A)RGB) ~22$

15mm:
Noctua NF-A12x15 ~22$
Scythe Kaze Flex Slim (RGB) ~15$

In my opinion your thoughts are actually reasonable. The T1 allows for a portable workstation, that can shine even more, if stationary at times.
For other options you should consider the Ncase M1. The M1 already allows for dual radiator inside the case.
OT made a video a few days ago about that: Dual Radiator Ncase M1 by Optimum Tech

I may wish you happy building ;)

Last edited:

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
Could you be referring to Electrophoresis White (E-White) or Micro Arc Oxidation (more like light grey, but maybe)? I think those two are other common finishing options for Aluminium, at least for keyboards.

I always wondered why cases are not painted using cataphoresis. It's crazy good stuff. In the end, surface pretreatment is everything but so is with anodic oxidation.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I always wondered why cases are not painted using cataphoresis. It's crazy good stuff. In the end, surface pretreatment is everything but so is with anodic oxidation.

@Wahaha360 has done his homework, as one of the creators of the Ncase M1, he has the experience and he also lives in Asia so he has access to all the experts in the field. I bet he has seen and tested many coatings so I'm not worried about the quality of the final product.

If i were to guess, he is balancing cost and quality.

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
@Wahaha360 has done his homework, as one of the creators of the Ncase M1, he has the experience and he also lives in Asia so he has access to all the experts in the field. I bet he has seen and tested many coatings so I'm not worried about the quality of the final product.

I was one of the Kickstarter backers of the M1 (SN112) :) Very happy with the product. I have no doubts in @Wahaha360's skills. I was just curious is all.

Reactions: gwertheim

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018

Yep, ought to be. That's why I was intrigued at the possibility of Cerakote when it was first raised a few months ago. That stuff ain't cheap, hahah. Nor does the process (post-paint baking to strict temperature thresholds) seem obviously scalable without $$$ for the end product. Custom one-off Cerakote contract for my Ghost S1 ended up being comparable in cost to the damn case itself.

Cheers to @Wahaha360 for looking into novel options. Our wallets surely will appreciate it

• Wow
Reactions: DrHudacris

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020
Speaking of extra radiators mounted externally, I was checking out some 40mm radiators from Alphacool and wondered if, with a one-slot graphics card(full cover block), could the remaining two slots be used to fit more radiators?

I made these mockups in Fusion 360 and the total thickness(GPU+rad) is 59.02mm, 0.18mm clear of the 59.20mm limit in three slot mode. The model of the card is a single slot Quadro but I reckon it should be similar to a full cover block. So maybe this configuration does technically work but it'd be hell to cable manage and run the tubings. Anyway just trying to have some fun :p

Edit: Just checked the height and it should be fine as well but there would be no space for tubes and fittings coming of the graphics card it seems ?

Last edited:

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
I believe @fabio said the 3M 25cm cable was a very tight fit. So I guess 30cm should be the way to go if you want to be save.

edit: you should use a straight socket, an angled one won't fit

Reactions: MisterJester

forestpatrol

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
Speaking of extra radiators mounted externally, I was checking out some 40mm radiators from Alphacool and wondered if, with a one-slot graphics card(full cover block), could the remaining two slots be used to fit more radiators?

I made these mockups in Fusion 360 and the total thickness(GPU+rad) is 59.02mm, 0.18mm clear of the 59.20mm limit in three slot mode. The model of the card is a single slot Quadro but I reckon it should be similar to a full cover block. So maybe this configuration does technically work but it'd be hell to cable manage and run the tubings. Anyway just trying to have some fun :p

This crazy and super cool. You should try it to satisfy all our curiosity.