Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Thanks... I wonder if I can find that 11/8 hose locally (in 1 m intervals) in Australia or at least find only one shop I have to order the LT240 and hoses from as shipping costs will quickly add up if I need to buy multiple components from different sources overseas.

I don't mind 2 slot...because I only have a 2 slot GPU but it looks like it'll be much easier to find GPU fittings that fit in the case in the 3 slot config.
You may have already checked , hope this helps.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
No problem here.
However on the subject of the power cable: I do not know if this is the case for everyone, but I've found that the socket which the power cable plugs into has a lot of wiggle and give. I am worried that the clips holding it in place may break if I'm not very gentle with it.
I feel it would be nicer if the power cable was more securely fastened.
It’s like that for me too, but when I plug in the power cable it feels secure. However I agree it would be better if it didn’t wiggle
@Wahaha360 I agree with these two. The connection wiggled a bit to begin with, but I've switched which direction my socket is turned twice now, and would love a more secure mounting solution that is also flexible enough to switch orientation without potentially breaking the clips of the current iteration.

Reactions: DrHudacris

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Here you go for the 11/8 hoses.
Tygon R6010

I have looked at the apogee too and with 61.5mm you'll be confined to two slot gpu set-up of the case. Mine's already 2.5. Other than that on paper the pump is better but when compared to the AC lt pump irl they perform similar.
You have to take the fittings into account to as they will sit higher than the heatsink. In my Ghost S1 even using Koolance low profile 90 degree adapters I was just barely able to clear the 66mm limit.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
@Wahaha360 I agree with these two. The connection wiggled a bit to begin with, but I've switched which direction my socket is turned twice now, and would love a more secure mounting solution that is also flexible enough to switch orientation without potentially breaking the clips of the current iteration.

How hard was it to remove and reorient the the plug? I'm having a lot of trouble with it. Any tips?

seckzy

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2019
LT240 with 25mm and 15mm fan with stock fittings and it should fit with the Gigabyte X570 itx board...maybe replace the hoses with some alternate 11/8 hoses (which seems

I bought some of this stuff (which was linked earlier in the thread somewhere). Managed to get to my house the same day I bought it too lol.

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020
Just received my Eisbaer LT 240 today and a lot of the fins appear to have an orange color on one side; could anyone with LT240 confirm if this is normal? Also, do I need shorter mounting screws for 15mm fans on the radiator?

forestpatrol

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
I bought some of this stuff (which was linked earlier in the thread somewhere). Managed to get to my house the same day I bought it too lol.
Just installed this last saturday. Can confirm its good stuff. And cheap!

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Just received my Eisbaer LT 240 today and a lot of the fins appear to have an orange color on one side; could anyone with LT240 confirm if this is normal? Also, do I need shorter mounting screws for 15mm fans on the radiator?
Yeah, mine’s a bit like that. That’s the copper. They don’t take too much care with the paint job. Although I’ve heard painting radiators reduce performance anyway, so I don’t know if it’s necessarily a bad thing.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

As @PBJ mentioned, it's the bare copper that you see. Paint on the radiator reduces heat transfer efficiency, but if that was the reason for the poor paint job, why didn't Alphacool just leave the copper bare? I think that would've looked much better.

Also, absolutely use shorter screws! Too long and you will damage the fins or worse the water tubes.

ggrifter

Chassis Packer
Jun 2, 2020
Some great info in here. Anyone else following this thread obsessively? Im sad I didn't find this sooner, hockey highlights on one monitor, this thread on the other. Now with covid, this thread on both monitors. ? Btw, tried calling EKWB from Canada, no dice, no ones home.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Some great info in here. Anyone else following this thread obsessively? Im sad I didn't find this sooner, hockey highlights on one monitor, this thread on the other. Now with covid, this thread on both monitors. ? Btw, tried calling EKWB from Canada, no dice, no ones home.

Try http://www.dazmode.com I live in Toronto and they carry alot of ek stuff, sadly for everything else you need to order from the states or from their main website.

seckzy

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2019
As @PBJ mentioned, it's the bare copper that you see. Paint on the radiator reduces heat transfer efficiency, but if that was the reason for the poor paint job, why didn't Alphacool just leave the copper bare? I think that would've looked much better.

Bare copper would likely oxidize over time and turn green like the Statue of Liberty. Copper oxide doesn't degrade the properties of the underlying copper (like rust does to iron), but it's definitely not "pretty".

Reactions: pwnedundies

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020

Also, absolutely use shorter screws! Too long and you will damage the fins or worse the water tubes.

Well it appears that at least with the Eisbaer LT 240 Alphacool simply didn't bother with the build quality. To name a few there are paint issues with fittings on the pump block, some colorization/staining on the cold plate, and a slight dent on the radiator. Plus the paint job on the fins of course.

If they kept the fin stack bare copper it would actually look pretty cool imo.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
For the 15mm height fan you can use the following bolt size:

M3 X 20MM
I also recommend the head diameter not be too small. I had to use washers because the head diameter of the ones I got were too small for the fan brackets.

My digital caliper needs new batteries but I think about 7-8mm should be good.