Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I always suggest the non conductive clear premix. Until now the best I've tried is the EK CryoFuel.

Between the one I've tried has kept is "clear" color longer than the Alphacool one for example.

For the temps, every brand with a good premix coolant is ok. Some manufacturers like Alphacool though suggest to not use the Mayhems product.

Kind of a noob question but I've bought the LT240 and i'm going to buy the Tygon R6010 hose with EK cryofuel clear.
Problem is that i don't know the quantities. 1 meter hose enough or better to order 2 meters?
How many liters of the coolant?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Kind of a noob question but I've bought the LT240 and i'm going to buy the Tygon R6010 hose with EK cryofuel clear.
Problem is that i don't know the quantities. 1 meter hose enough or better to order 2 meters?
How many liters of the coolant?
2 Meters to be safe (tubing are pretty cheap, and especially at the beginning is nice to have a safe margin)

1L of coolant is enough, in a full T1 loop without reservoir you can put till 350ml.

Buy 1L of distilled water to clean before properly the radiator.

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
2 Meters to be safe (tubing are pretty cheap, and especially at the beginning is nice to have a safe margin)

1L of coolant is enough, in a full T1 loop without reservoir you can put till 350ml.

Buy 1L of distilled water to clean before properly before the radiator.
Thanks! I will order that today

milica

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2019
I see some of you are discussing tubing, just wanted to get my 2 cents out there.

Since fabio said that 16/10 ZMT is a bit too thick for this cramped space, I wanted the same maintenance advantages and that matte look so I found watercool.de sells EPDM tubing in 13/10.
Figured it'd be a slight improvement in flow over the 8mm ID of these other tubes.

I have to report that this tubing smells horrendous and it's a bit shinier than ZMT.
I washed the tubing with soap and water and let it vent outside for days and it didn't help at all.

I'm not sure if larger inner diameter helps the temps at all, but if I had to do it all over again, I'd go with Alphacool's TPV or EK's ZMT.

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2020-06-09: I want to make make the C13 to C14 angle power supply cable 30mm or 1.25in longer, if any objections, let me me know asap!

Australia, Wyd4, Austria, Cyberratchet Canada, johannbl, Denmark, fabio, Finland, Benihana, France, Vaux, Germany, theexplainer, Japan, hengster, South Korea, ahs8225, Italy, Metroversal, Malaysia, chinyang, Netherlands, Floris, New Zealand, tyen, Norway, Stigth, Poland, bynio, Portugal, nulio, Saudi Arabia, darky122, Singapore, heckinwoofer, Spain, prava, Sweden, Thermo, Turkey, cablez, Ukraine, denys_349, United Kingdom, Goatee, USA - California, bpark919, USA - NYC/CT/MA, Kundahli, USA - Texas, Navic, USA - Texas, DrHudacris, USA - Other, PBJ, USA - Other, Brude27, USA - Other, pslate, Uzbekistan, Basriy

Reactions: cps_goodbuy

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Update 2020-06-09: I want to make make the C13 to C14 angle power supply cable 30mm or 1.25in longer, if any objections, let me me know asap!

Australia, Wyd4, Austria, Cyberratchet Canada, johannbl, Denmark, fabio, Finland, Benihana, France, Vaux, Germany, theexplainer, Japan, hengster, South Korea, ahs8225, Italy, Metroversal, Malaysia, chinyang, Netherlands, Floris, New Zealand, tyen, Norway, Stigth, Poland, bynio, Portugal, nulio, Saudi Arabia, darky122, Singapore, heckinwoofer, Spain, prava, Sweden, Thermo, Turkey, cablez, Ukraine, denys_349, United Kingdom, Goatee, USA - California, bpark919, USA - NYC/CT/MA, Kundahli, USA - Texas, Navic, USA - Texas, DrHudacris, USA - Other, PBJ, USA - Other, Brude27, USA - Other, pslate, Uzbekistan, Basriy
Fine for me, sometimes I’ve missed a bit of more length on the PSU cable.
There is also the chance to have a shorter tail for the c14 plug?

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019

No problem with cable length in my current configuration, but 30mm longer shouldn’t be an issue either.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018

I’ve never found myself needing more length for that cable in my build iterations, but I don’t see how this change could hurt anything either.

Reactions: PBJ

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Fine for me, sometimes I’ve missed a bit of more length on the PSU cable.
There is also the chance to have a shorter tail for the c14 plug?

I'm look into it, but unlikely, it's already lowest to the limit by current OEM.

Reactions: fabio

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018

Existing is fine. Longer shouldn't be an issue either.

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018

I didn't feel the need for a longer cable so far, I even felt mine could have been a bit shorter, but I think a 3cm longer one could still get hidden for a clean look, so that should work, too.

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
I see some of you are discussing tubing, just wanted to get my 2 cents out there.

Since fabio said that 16/10 ZMT is a bit too thick for this cramped space, I wanted the same maintenance advantages and that matte look so I found watercool.de sells EPDM tubing in 13/10.
Figured it'd be a slight improvement in flow over the 8mm ID of these other tubes.

I have to report that this tubing smells horrendous and it's a bit shinier than ZMT.
I washed the tubing with soap and water and let it vent outside for days and it didn't help at all.

I'm not sure if larger inner diameter helps the temps at all, but if I had to do it all over again, I'd go with Alphacool's TPV or EK's ZMT.
Sorry to hear about the smelly tubing :/ Also, tubing ID does not affect flow because your fittings (or the inlets/outlets they’re fit to) constrict the flow regardless.

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Jun 25, 2018
Sorry if I am being redundant, I did a search about this but couldnt find an answer. Is the Alphacool LT240 still supported in full? I thought I remember hearing it was no longer supported, however a few days ago people were saying they were purchasing the AIO for their T1s. Are most people using just the rad to build a custom loop around it?

I already own a LT240, am I in the clear or should I get an EK AIO if I dont want to mess around with a custom loop? Had bad prior experiences with a loop I made frying a GPU, so im not too interested with ripping mine apart, however am an experienced builder.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Sorry if I am being redundant, I did a search about this but couldnt find an answer. Is the Alphacool LT240 still supported in full? I thought I remember hearing it was no longer supported, however a few days ago people were saying they were purchasing the AIO for their T1s. Are most people using just the rad to build a custom loop around it?

I already own a LT240, am I in the clear or should I get an EK AIO if I dont want to mess around with a custom loop? Had bad prior experiences with a loop I made frying a GPU, so im not too interested with ripping mine apart, however am an experienced builder.
Not sure if it's officially supported but it does fit with at least one slim fan (and one normal fan). It's recommended to change the tubing because there was a problem with plasticers of the original pvc tubes resulting in clogged pumps.
Since it's a used pump i'd advice you to take it apart for inspection.

Last edited:

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020

No objections.

ggrifter

Chassis Packer
Jun 2, 2020

Like Pkawa said, but I'd also like to point out I just ordered an EK AIO 240 and they have a promo with free shipping that ends pretty soon if you're interested at all in getting one. It saved me 40 bucks :)

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Besides the points already mentioned (change tubing, fans), the "official" stance is it is supported in 2 slot GPU mode without modification, and in 3 slot GPU mode only without the quick disconnects, which will mean redoing the tubing, which is just so close to custom loop already.

Reactions: Killinger