Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Thank you too! I was just contemplating delidding the 8700k and upgrading the IHS to copper to get the lowest temps in the Formd. Together with an extension cable for the SSD so that it's possible to route it to the front. It will be either that, or a completely new set-up, and this MB does look exactly what you'd want in a Formd to keep temps away from the SSD.
Delidding the 8700k makes a huge difference, I have one in my Ghost S1 cooled with a Big Shuriken 2 and works great.

Reactions: fabio

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Delidding the 8700k makes a huge difference, I have one in my Ghost S1 cooled with a Big Shuriken 2 and works great.
Yeah i saw it's roughly a 20 degree difference so that is huge. I feel like i will need to compensate for the fact that i'm coming from a nzxt H500 with a Kraken X62. That way temps will hopefully remain decent even with the LT240. Still not sure about that cooler, as the X62 is better.
I have been looking for a way to just replace the stock rad from the X62 with a fillable 25/27mm thick rad but I would need connectors that fit the NZXT tubes.
There's literally no info on all of this.

Reactions: rfarmer

forestpatrol

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
? everything is ready but the case
They're messing with you just so you know. And it's well deserved. You need to read the first page. It has all the info.

The case has not gone on sale yet so it's not sold out.

Too many new people come here and ask the same questions every day without looking at the first paragraph of the first page so they were just having some fun with you.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
@Wahaha360
Is there a way to calculate shipping cost before orders go live?
I want to make sure, that a potential order won't be distracted by payment problems.

posure

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
@Wahaha360
Is there a way to calculate shipping cost before orders go live?
I want to make sure, that a potential order won't be distracted by payment problems.

Not prior to ordering. Shipping costs vary a lot lately due to COVID-19, but I think it was also mentioned that shipping costs are computed by the shopping platform and not under @Wahaha360's control.

Reactions: DrHudacris

thatcatpusheen

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2019
I was thinking of adding a T splitter to one of the ports on the rad but looking at images I'm not sure if it would fit and you'd be able to access the 3rd port on the T splitter, it would be tight but will need to test when I get my T1.

I'd really like to do this too, without it, I can imagine draining this would be a PITA.

@Jayanth has the LT240 setup (a super clean one as well), any idea if a T splitter here would fit? (Also curious what fittings you used in your build)

Reactions: graemeduncan

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
very novice water cooling guy, but i did add my take on a t-splitter to my loop-

i can already tell that it's going to be too tall in this configuration for the top panel in the T1 though, so i'll either have to swap it out for the chubby t-block that bitspower offers (2mm shorter at 24mm), swap it out for a different brand's t-fitting, or have to take a different approach to it entirely.

one thing to keep in mind (and this is what killed me since i was going back towards the panel) is that the ports aren't at the 25mm height, but actually at about 23mm.

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Is there a reason to use PayPal over a standard credit card? Honest question.

In some countries the credit card system is quite different to the US.

E.g. in Germany most people do not even have a credit card because credit cards usually cost a yearly fee and in addition to that the credit card companies charge extra for using the card.

So worst case scenario in Germany is you pay every year just to get a card AND you pay extra for every buy you use the card for.

So the most common ways to pay for something in Germany is cash, wire transfer or debit card, but not credit card.

So speaking of "standard credit card"... it's simpy not a standard at all... at least not in each and every country.

Not offering PayPal or wire transfer for me personally is almost a killer for the case, because I hate Google.

Last edited:

ggrifter

Chassis Packer
Jun 2, 2020
In some countries the credit card system is quite different to the US.

E.g. in Germany most people do not even have a credit card because credit cards usually cost a yearly fee and in addition to that the credit card companies charge extra for using the card.

So worst case scenario in Germany is you pay every year just to get a card AND you pay extra for every buy you use the card for.

So the most commen ways to pay for something in Germany is cash, wire transfer or debit card, but not credit card.

So speaking of "standard credit card"... it's simpy not a standard at all... at least not in each and every country.

Not offering PayPal or wire transfer for me personally is almost a killer for the case, because I hate Google.
Thanks for the excellent explanation! I'm from NA where CC is widely used. In this case, I'll just purchase the case (if I'm lucky) using a CC. All the best and hope you're among the lucky few for the first batch.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I made a Google Pay account and connected it to my PayPal account only for this case ? Hope this works

Oh damn, your message prompted me to look at Google Pay settings again and it will use my PayPal Balance first, then fallback to another payment option. I never realized GPay did that with PayPal and it's just what I need. Thanks for helping me find that out :]

For anyone wondering about why no PayPal, here's @Wahaha360 breaking it down in another thread here on SFFN.