Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
Unfortunately, I wont be able to get these Koolance low profile fittings shipped to me at any reasonable price (~50$ shipping on Koolance website).
I was planning to replace the chipset cooler on the Gigabyte with some proper passive heatsink. Maybe that could get me some space up top for normal 90° fittings

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
My 240mm alphacool and EKWB

I hope i can get T1 for this two AIO, maybe not this month but i hope still in 2020
-
Bought using DHL as shipper
EKWB just need 3-4 days (From Slovenia)
Alphacool need arround 7-8 days (From China)
-
Would be interesting to see how they stack up in a T1 for sure. I've heard good things about the Apogee drive ll as well so not sure which way i should go. I now have a Kraken X62 which is really good, but unfortunately won't fit.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Would be interesting to see how they stack up in a T1 for sure. I've heard good things about the Apogee drive ll as well so not sure which way i should go. I now have a Kraken X62 which is really good, but unfortunately won't fit.

Alphacool is the standard for T1, but interesting if EKWB should fit into T1 too.. I'm looking forward another parts for T1..
Alphacool is prety rare this day..

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
just dropped the block on top of my current cooler in the Dan A4, and it does seem awfully tight, for me, I may be able to make a restrictive 90+90 type loop for one port around the back over the VRM, not what I was thinking, glad you brought this up or id have not even ordered fittings for such a thing.
Hmm, this could get tricky.
bad drawing with block, not even int he right spots etc but something that may work.

Would need to find the shortest 90deg fittings available though. . . other options is flip the block and have the hoses come out the other side, though in the T1 this is up against the Rad, might work for me, as I just pulled the pin on the 20mm thick XSPC rad, and already have the 15mm noctuas. .
I did exactly the same thoughts, and then I’ve tried, and then I’ve failed ?.

The 90 degrees fittings, if are coming out from the ssd heatsink side, will have problem with the mounting screws with AM4.
I try to be more specific: even if the fittings will fit, like the Alphacool HF TPV, they cannot rotate properly, because of the mounting screws height for the AM4.

Optimum Tech did it with the Intel Mounting, that has a wider space between them, and allow a better rotation than on the amd one.
Also, that was possible only in the 2 slots mode for the GPU.

I am pretty sure it will be not possible in your case, but happy to be wrong!
???

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
I did exactly the same thoughts, and then I’ve tried, and then I’ve failed ?.

The 90 degrees fittings, if are coming out from the ssd heatsink side, will have problem with the mounting screws with AM4.
I try to be more specific: even if the fittings will fit, like the Alphacool HF TPV, they cannot rotate properly, because of the mounting screws height for the AM4.

Optimum Tech did it with the Intel Mounting, that has a wider space between them, and allow a better rotation than on the amd one.
Also, that was possible only in the 2 slots mode for the GPU.

I am pretty sure it will be not possible in your case, but happy to be wrong!
???
well, that sucks. . . .Hmm, I may need to pay the ridiculous koolance shipping prices as noted by 0x3F2D above, as these are 19.5mm, perhaps I'll pull my C7G off this weekend and drop the LT on and measure up the distance I have towards the VRM, if I do ill grab some photos for everyone

This guy has done it in the ghost, with the fittings going out the bottom with extensions before the 90's I am not sure the T1 will have the clearance required for this configuration though. Custom screws are also an option? though one would need to measure the tension the factory ones apply and then replicate this with alternate options.

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
well, that sucks. . . .Hmm, I may need to pay the ridiculous koolance shipping prices as noted by 0x3F2D above, as these are 19.5mm, perhaps I'll pull my C7G off this weekend and drop the LT on and measure up the distance I have towards the VRM, if I do ill grab some photos for everyone

This guy has done it in the ghost, with the fittings going out the bottom with extensions before the 90's I am not sure the T1 will have the clearance required for this configuration though. Custom screws are also an option? though one would need to measure the tension the factory ones apply and then replicate this with alternate options.

I've thought about custom screws, too. But at least for AM4 mounting, these are some kind of very special screws:

Reactions: NinoPecorino

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
I've thought about custom screws, too. But at least for AM4 mounting, these are some kind of very special screws:
Can machine these ones down easy enough on a late and move the threads right up though, pain to do, but not the hardest, the other thing, is that you don't 'need' the double thread, it could be done with a single screw still if you knew the torque applied to hold the block down and did the fixed screw up to match. . .in theory.

Reactions: 0x3F2D

MVPotato

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2020
So in summary: The Eisbaer LT on the Gigabyte x570 i
  • fits in 2 orientations with stock fittings in 3 slot mode
  • may fit in all orientations with stock fittings in 2 slot mode
  • does not fit with any custom fittings (except for maybe some low profile 90° fittings) in any orientation in 2/3 slot mode

Am I getting this right?

Thats actually a really good question / statement. I was planning to use the LT240 but with a 16/10mm tube, so I wanted to go for 90° fittings from alphacool. I now saw that they are a little bit longer than the ones, Optimum Tech uses in his build shorter 90° fittings. Further he was going for a Z390-i build.
I wanted to order everything needed for my planned cooling this week (even if I have to wait months for the T1) but I'm a little bit worried which board would fit the Eisbear Solo with 1/4 - 16/10mm fittings or if there are even which would fit.

Maybe 16/10mm is not needed at all and the 11/8mm is enough (default tube of the LT240). What do you think?

Reactions: DrHudacris

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Alphacool is the standard for T1, but interesting if EKWB should fit into T1 too.. I'm looking forward another parts for T1..
Alphacool is prety rare this day..
From what i've seen here the EKWB waterpump doesn't quite fit and lets the mesh bulge just a little bit. Like 1-1.5mm

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
Thats actually a really good question / statement. I was planning to use the LT240 but with a 16/10mm tube, so I wanted to go for 90° fittings from alphacool. I now saw that they are a little bit longer than the ones, Optimum Tech uses in his build shorter 90° fittings. Further he was going for a Z390-i build.
I wanted to order everything needed for my planned cooling this week (even if I have to wait months for the T1) but I'm a little bit worried which board would fit the Eisbear Solo with 1/4 - 16/10mm fittings or if there are even which would fit.

Maybe 16/10mm is not needed at all and the 11/8mm is enough (default tube of the LT240). What do you think?

I have ordered even bigger 19/13mm fittings some time ago when i purchased my lt240. Reading all this, I guess it will be kind of difficult to make them fit...
For what I know, the bigger tubing isnt acutally needed.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

Exactly, as you can see you need to go after the screws with extensions fittings.
And NO, the T! has not this clearance! And you have the side structure as well.

About the custom screws, I don't they will change anything. When are tighten, the height with the spring compressed is about 1cm, still low.

The solution can be using smaller screws without springs, but, will it work in a proper way??

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com

Can machine these ones down easy enough on a late and move the threads right up though, pain to do, but not the hardest, the other thing, is that you don't 'need' the double thread, it could be done with a single screw still if you knew the torque applied to hold the block down and did the fixed screw up to match. . .in theory.

There should be Screw Thread Adapters that adapt from M4 to 6-32. So there's also this simpler option.
Or am I missing something regarding the mounting system?

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020

the flow rate shouldn't change much with thinner pipes, it's not a massive reduction, as long as you can get the fittings, so far the only way I have seen to get the AC 8/11 fittings is to buy their hose kits though. i.e. these:

Ordering those is my last resort option, expensive shipping, and I haven't found the same fittings for sale sans tubes, though my google-foo isn't as good as some on here.

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
For those recently discussing tubing, here are a few pieces of information that I've come across
  • Tygon tubing is pvc tubing, and is formulated without plasticizer
  • There are a few different types of Tygon tubing and not all of them will work well in this application
  • Tygon B-44-4X (beverage tubing) is advertised to be smoother internally to discourage bacterial growth (it is not outright antibacterial)
  • Tygon B-44-4X will work with the appropriately-sized compression fittings and barb fittings without requiring a clamp according to this source
  • Tygon B-44-3 (air/water tubing) may also work and is very slightly lower in cost
  • Both of the above are clear
I ended up going with B-44-4X from McMaster. FWIW, I bought 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD tubing and will be replacing all fittings on the LT240 and GPU water block with barb fittings designed to work with 10mm ID tubing. HTH.

0Zx

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Exactly, as you can see you need to go after the screws with extensions fittings.
And NO, the T! has not this clearance! And you have the side structure as well.

About the custom screws, I don't they will change anything. When are tighten, the height with the spring compressed is about 1cm, still low.

The solution can be using smaller screws without springs, but, will it work in a proper way??

I guess I'll just have to test the options once I can finally get a T1, I have ordered the XSPC TX240 rad now 20.5mm thick, so should give me 5mm more room that some, though i do worry about its cooling potential, it's on backorder too, so won't arrive for some time, like everything.

It does seems though that 2slot GPU config can solve these issues though, albeit still very tight, i.e. outlets pointing towards rad, 90deg fittings facing upward into the second set of 90's so the tubes run over the block, even that would be tight still with gpu in 2 slot mode?
I'll just hope I can get one of the first lot of T1's so I can start testing away :)

MVPotato

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2020
the flow rate shouldn't change much with thinner pipes, it's not a massive reduction, as long as you can get the fittings, so far the only way I have seen to get the AC 8/11 fittings is to buy their hose kits though. i.e. these:

Ordering those is my last resort option, expensive shipping, and I haven't found the same fittings for sale sans tubes, though my google-foo isn't as good as some on here.

The thing is, they are super ugly :D and I'm worried about the flow rate. I'll search for things like:

In which directions can the Eisbear LT be mounted?
Is there enough space on XYZ-Mobo with normal / short fittings and what about tubing diameters?

At the end it will be kind of a gamble I think.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I guess I'll just have to test the options once I can finally get a T1, I have ordered the XSPC TX240 rad now 20.5mm thick, so should give me 5mm more room that some, though i do worry about its cooling potential, it's on backorder too, so won't arrive for some time, like everything.

It does seems though that 2slot GPU config can solve these issues though, albeit still very tight, i.e. outlets pointing towards rad, 90deg fittings facing upward into the second set of 90's so the tubes run over the block, even that would be tight still with gpu in 2 slot mode?
I'll just hope I can get one of the first lot of T1's so I can start testing away :)
Actually the TX240 cooling performance are above a lot of slim radiator. At the end the core is the same that the SE and thicker than the 28mm Coolstream.

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
There should be Screw Thread Adapters that adapt from M4 to 6-32. So there's also this simpler option.
Or am I missing something regarding the mounting system?

You can probably get away with using just 6-32 screws (without M4 threading) if you get some 6-32 nuts.
As far as I can see in the manual, there is acutally no M4 threading in the mounting plate. The M4 threading seems to be just for the nuts. A 6-32 screw/threading is a bit smaller, so the block wont be fixed as tight as with M4 screws, but it will probably be held in place by the mounting pressure just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gerold

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
You can probably get away with using just 6-32 screws (without M4 threading) if you get some 6-32 nuts.
As far as I can see in the manual, there is acutally no M4 threading in the mounting plate. The M4 threading seems to be just for the nuts. A 6-32 screw/threading is a bit smaller, so the block wont be fixed as tight as with M4 screws, but it will probably be held in place by the mounting pressure just fine.
Could probably use the stock screws from the MB, would just need to check the length.
one option is to tension them up with a torque wrench(i think my 1/2 one for head bolts might be a bit big though lol) and then remove and check the TIM spread, and note it down, get an idea of the ideal torque required then torque the screws up to that setting?

I think I will try and replicate that Ghost setup on mine with the slimmer Rad, and shorter extensions out of the block, he had a fair bit of clearance around the screws with the 10mm extensions, perhaps some of these at 8mm
or 7.5mm like these

Reactions: 0x3F2D

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
My 240mm alphacool and EKWB

I hope i can get T1 for this two AIO, maybe not this month but i hope still in 2020
-
Bought using DHL as shipper
EKWB just need 3-4 days (From Slovenia)
Alphacool need arround 7-8 days (From China)
-

Apparently the EK does fit with slim fans..

Reactions: DrHudacris