Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
Is not the EK similar tubing similar? its EPDM, the same material the use in industrial fire hose systems for orings. I don't think Santoprene is much different as far as TPE materials go?

The problem is getting it in the right size for the stock LT240 fittings. We need 11mm (7/16") OD 8mm (5/16") ID hose.

All the non PVC hose I have been able to locate in Australia (including the one linked) is 16 mm *5/8") OD and 11mm (7/16") ID.

Reactions: DrLeroy

Josamacs

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 28, 2020
Sorry to derail the conversation but does anyone have an image of the included riser cable or can you describe what it looks like? Louqe are doing some ridiculous blue cable in their new case so I'm hoping and praying that the T1 uses an all-black one.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Sorry to derail the conversation but does anyone have an image of the included riser cable or can you describe what it looks like? Louqe are doing some ridiculous blue cable in their new case so I'm hoping and praying that the T1 uses an all-black one.

it's all black. The guy who made this case is also behind the Ncase M1

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
The problem is getting it in the right size for the stock LT240 fittings. We need 11mm (7/16") OD 8mm (5/16") ID hose.

All the non PVC hose I have been able to locate in Australia (including the one linked) is 16 mm *5/8") OD and 11mm (7/16") ID.
Ahh, I see, sounds like what you are after is fuel hose sized, you can also get these sizes in food-grade too i believe, not sure if the food grade is suitable, common for homebrew.

fuel hose: (not sure on the OD though, but 8mm ID is very common for fuel hoses, and if it carries fuel/diesel i can't imagine any issues with coolant? maybe a trip to supertheif/autobarn/repco might be the go?

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Ahh, I see, sounds like what you are after is fuel hose sized, you can also get these sizes in food-grade too i believe, not sure if the food grade is suitable, common for homebrew.

fuel hose: (not sure on the OD though, but 8mm ID is very common for fuel hoses, and if it carries fuel/diesel i can't imagine any issues with coolant? maybe a trip to supertheif/autobarn/repco might be the go?

Yeah I tried that (also here in Australia and cannot get 8/11mm cooling hose. Homebrew yes but I haven't been game haha.
My old man is a mechanic and I have raided his shed. I can either get correct inside and outside diameter but the hose is very stiff and doesn't feel like it would end well, or correct inside diameter but wrong outside.

Given the stock compression fittings dont have a decent barb on them, I am reluctant to use them with an alternate clamp. I am bordering on giving up on the LT pump and going full custom loop. Though unfortunately to buy a pump and CPU block over here I am looking at $290-350 for a basic CPU block and DDC pump. I wouldn't mind so much but hard pill to swallow when I already have the Alphacool cpu block haha.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Yeah I tried that (also here in Australia and cannot get 8/11mm cooling hose. Homebrew yes but I haven't been game haha.
My old man is a mechanic and I have raided his shed. I can either get correct inside and outside diameter but the hose is very stiff and doesn't feel like it would end well, or correct inside diameter but wrong outside.

Given the stock compression fittings dont have a decent barb on them, I am reluctant to use them with an alternate clamp. I am bordering on giving up on the LT pump and going full custom loop. Though unfortunately to buy a pump and CPU block over here I am looking at $290-350 for a basic CPU block and DDC pump. I wouldn't mind so much but hard pill to swallow when I already have the Alphacool cpu block haha.
Are the ends not G1/4 ? why not just replace the fittings? I have the LT solo block (not used yet) and will be using normal g1/4 fittings, or at least I had hoped too? fittings are cheap enough, why not go that route, or am i missing something and stuffed up big time on my parts orders?

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Are the ends not G1/4 ? why not just replace the fittings? I have the LT solo block (not used yet) and will be using normal g1/4 fittings, or at least I had hoped too? fittings are cheap enough, why not go that route, or am i missing something and stuffed up big time on my parts orders?

When I looked, and I will look again now as I am paranoid after reading your post, the right angle fittings that come with the LT240/120 are G1/4, however they are a right angle compression fitting, so cannot put a normal compression fitting on the alphacool 90 degree one.

For me, with the alphacool block and my motherboard, there is not enough clearance to use any other type of fitting out of the cpu block other than the stock alphacool ones. So between the clearance issue and the fittings being 90 degree compression, I am stuck with either trying to get more 8/11 fittings for my gpu and trying to source more8/11 hose which seems harder than it should be here, or ditching the LT all together and going custom loop and using a more standard hose (I have about $250 worth of 10/13mm fittings already) for example.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
When I looked, and I will look again now as I am paranoid after reading your post, the right angle fittings that come with the LT240/120 are G1/4, however they are a right angle compression fitting, so cannot put a normal compression fitting on the alphacool 90 degree one.

For me, with the alphacool block and my motherboard, there is not enough clearance to use any other type of fitting out of the cpu block other than the stock alphacool ones. So between the clearance issue and the fittings being 90 degree compression, I am stuck with either trying to get more 8/11 fittings for my gpu and trying to source more8/11 hose which seems harder than it should be here, or ditching the LT all together and going custom loop and using a more standard hose (I have about $250 worth of 10/13mm fittings already) for example.
Which board are you using?
if you look at optimum techs video he is running standard G1/4 fittings screwed into the LT block, this is what I intend to do also, could you fit something like a combo of these two fittings:

I am hoping that I can M.2 mount on my X570i-strix using some 45deg rotaries or something out of the block, I want to minimize 90deg fittings as i feel they will impede flow. (I've never water cooled before so its speculation) this will be my first WC pc, i am slowly collecting the bits for.

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Which board are you using?
if you look at optimum techs video he is running standard G1/4 fittings screwed into the LT block, this is what I intend to do also, could you fit something like a combo of these two fittings:

I am hoping that I can M.2 mount on my X570i-strix using some 45deg rotaries or something out of the block, I want to minimize 90deg fittings as i feel they will impede flow. (I've never water cooled before so its speculation) this will be my first WC pc, i am slowly collecting the bits for.

I am using the x570i gigabyte board. Unfortunately the m.2/chipset heatsink and the IO shroud is problematic in either direction. Basically with my EK 90 degree fittings on the block, it either hits my rad/fan, io shroud, m.2/chipset heatsink or ram, regardless of which way I point it.

@fabio linked me his solution to this, so hoping to try again shortly. Perhaps you will have a bit more luck on the Strix board.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
I am using the x570i gigabyte board. Unfortunately the m.2/chipset heatsink and the IO shroud is problematic in either direction. Basically with my EK 90 degree fittings on the block, it either hits my rad/fan, io shroud, m.2/chipset heatsink or ram, regardless of which way I point it.

@fabio linked me his solution to this, so hoping to try again shortly. Perhaps you will have a bit more luck on the Strix board.

just dropped the block on top of my current cooler in the Dan A4, and it does seem awfully tight, for me, I may be able to make a restrictive 90+90 type loop for one port around the back over the VRM, not what I was thinking, glad you brought this up or id have not even ordered fittings for such a thing.
Hmm, this could get tricky.
bad drawing with block, not even int he right spots etc but something that may work.

Would need to find the shortest 90deg fittings available though. . . other options is flip the block and have the hoses come out the other side, though in the T1 this is up against the Rad, might work for me, as I just pulled the pin on the 20mm thick XSPC rad, and already have the 15mm noctuas. .

Reactions: DrHudacris

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020

I did find these, 20mm, one of the if not the shortest 90

i think this one also around 20mm if you exclude the thread for the dimensions (see files tab fro drawing)

Reactions: Wyd4 and DrHudacris

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017

Wonder if that food-grade hose would have similar plasticiser issues as the stock PVC ones on the LT240. Although, being exposed to alcohol you would imagine it wouldn't leech anything if it's designed to be exposed to alcohol...I wonder how much pressure it can withstand as I'm not sure what stress a computer waterloop is under.

I have a bunch of EFI 5/16 fuel hose in the garage from different brands, OD is way too large.

I have the exact same motherboard! Your post literally put me on alert before trying to buy a whole bunch of parts that won't fit (at this stage I just want to cool the CPU with the option of expansion later for the GPU!)

It looks like Alphacool will release an RGB version of the LT240 in the Northern Hemisphere summer...with different hose...they may have a wider range of tubes and fittings available then from overclockers UK which I've had very good experience with shipping to Australia.

Reactions: Wyd4

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
I found a supplier in Australia for the XSPC 20.5mm 240 rad, not sure if it will have enough performance for a 3950x and whatever Nvidia drop as next-gen replacement for the current TI though?
out of stock though, but I don't mind waiting on parts.

Shopping Express have stock of the Classic SE 240, which is 27mm thick.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
My 240mm alphacool and EKWB

I hope i can get T1 for this two AIO, maybe not this month but i hope still in 2020
-
Bought using DHL as shipper
EKWB just need 3-4 days (From Slovenia)
Alphacool need arround 7-8 days (From China)
-

Reactions: GerryMz and PKAWA

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
So in summary: The Eisbaer LT on the Gigabyte x570 i
  • fits in 2 orientations with stock fittings in 3 slot mode
  • may fit in all orientations with stock fittings in 2 slot mode
  • does not fit with any custom fittings (except for maybe some low profile 90° fittings) in any orientation in 2/3 slot mode

Am I getting this right?

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
So in summary: The Eisbaer LT on the Gigabyte x570 i
  • fits in 2 orientations with stock fittings in 3 slot mode
  • may fit in all orientations with stock fittings in 2 slot mode
  • does not fit with any custom fittings (exept for maybe some low profile 90° fittings) in any orientation

Am I getting this right?

Just depends on your motherboard and ram height really.
However these aren't really case considerations.