Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

BMV

What's an ITX?
New User
May 20, 2020
Hi everyone,

After seeing Optimum Tech's review of the T1 case, I've decided to come on here and join this thread. I am really interested in getting my hands on the T1 (v1.1) in black with the mesh sides, but unfortunately there hasn't been an update for a few weeks. Does anyone know when preorders will open up again and what are the chances that I will be able to get my hands on one in the next few months? I'm based in Germany.

Hoping to hear back from someone. Thanks :)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hi everyone,

After seeing Optimum Tech's review of the T1 case, I've decided to come on here and join this thread. I am really interested in getting my hands on the T1 (v1.1) in black with the mesh sides, but unfortunately there hasn't been an update for a few weeks. Does anyone know when preorders will open up again and what are the chances that I will be able to get my hands on one in the next few months? I'm based in Germany.

Read first post. If not there, no one knows.

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020
Hi everyone,

The pre-order will open in June 2020. I think everyone is the same who can place an order. If I'm not right, correct me.

F7IN

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
Has anyone tried putting their T1 in a backpack and moving it around? I'm wondering how well it fits in one for easy transportation to LANs without me having to buy some sort of pelican case

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Well, seems is DDC model related. Alphacool just replied:

"The ES edition was mainly made for our Enterprise Customers, they are using the DDC310 only (who said this????) in a loop. ['...‘] Eddy said, you will get a special version of this unit for higher pressure for free."

I mean, they don't say WHICH DDC has to be used on the website, just release ONLY the high pressure???

@pwnedundies maybe the VTX pressure will be too much for the 1U reservoir...

Oh interesting! So that means if I used DDC310 (10 watt DDC) the pressure won't be enough to cause a leak even with the bowing?

Reactions: pwnedundies

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Oh interesting! So that means if I used DDC310 (10 watt DDC) the pressure won't be enough to cause a leak even with the bowing?
This is what they say. But for me the leaking issue happen only now. I need to check if the deformation is bigger on mine because of the repetitive screw and unscrew of pumps, or heat, or don't know.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Well, seems is DDC model related. Alphacool just replied:

"The ES edition was mainly made for our Enterprise Customers, they are using the DDC310 only (who said this????) in a loop. ['...‘] Eddy said, you will get a special version of this unit for higher pressure for free."

I mean, they don't say WHICH DDC has to be used on the website, just release ONLY the high pressure???

@pwnedundies maybe the VTX pressure will be too much for the 1U reservoir...
Interesting!!! So I actually found a used ek 3.1 on eBay and I just got it today. Won't be able to test it for a bit because I'm waiting for my quick disconnects.

I'm wondering what the difference on the high pressure model will be and why there is no reference to it on their site. I have to wait to pick up that res anyways because I'm not paying $60 from alphacool to have it shipped. I'm waiting for modmods to get it back in stock.

Thanks for the update. If the noise is good on the 3.1 then I might not pick up the vtx for a while.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Interesting!!! So I actually found a used ek 3.1 on eBay and I just got it today. Won't be able to test it for a bit because I'm waiting for my quick disconnects.

I'm wondering what the difference on the high pressure model will be and why there is no reference to it on their site. I have to wait to pick up that res anyways because I'm not paying $60 from alphacool to have it shipped. I'm waiting for modmods to get it back in stock.

Thanks for the update. If the noise is good on the 3.1 then I might not pick up the vtx for a while.
The MX 3.1 is WAY MORE SILENT than the DDC, remember more the DC-LT, but you can lower the speed of course. I only know that the difference is that the one they are sending is tested till 2bar of pressure, the normal one is 0.8bar. As they can reach this, I can only say when it will arrive!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Has anyone tried putting their T1 in a backpack and moving it around? I'm wondering how well it fits in one for easy transportation to LANs without me having to buy some sort of pelican case
I have because I know someone was going to ask. This is my backpack (it's available on amazon, that's where I got mine). It fits perfectly, and with some room to put headphones and other things in the main compartment. I can fit my keyboard (KBD 67 MKii), portable monitor, and my laptop in the back laptop compartment with some cables, a portable charger, my mouse, and a portable speaker in the front compartment, along with more cables. The only thing is that it's heavy with everything in it, even just the computer makes it heavy.
So you don't need a pelican case, and it can fit in backpacks, but it can be heavy on your shoulders.

Reactions: F7IN

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I'm convinced you don't even use the computer and just take it apart all day, every day, changing things out.
Ahahahah, no way!
But It's just so easy to build in it!!
But in general every day I work on it, and IF I have a new idea, I just open it in the afternoon and try it, and close it again for the next day. ?

Well, yesterday that I had the leak I was working on my "safe backup machine" took from the office though...

Last edited:

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I'm sad to say, I examined my own 1U ES reservoir, and I saw the same bowing of plastic. I currently don't have it installed with fluid running but I think the problem is systemic..hoping @fabio's second unit doesn't leak, bulge or not.. but I also ordered a different DDC top to experiment nonetheless.

Here here! He inspired me to spend more money! Lol
What top are you using? I might just go this route as well. Just use the external res to fill with the quick disconnects

Reactions: fabio

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
What top are you using? I might just go this route as well. Just use the external res to fill with the quick disconnects

I ordered this. Measures 25mm tall and DDC at 21. It will be a tight fit if it fits at all.... You can always use the stock plastic top that comes with bare pumps. I believe that is what @fabio is using? There is also this phobya top but it only has 1 in 1 out and you will have to mount it pretty high up near power connectors, but it should work, too!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I ordered this. Measures 25mm tall and DDC at 21. It will be a tight fit if it fits at all.... You can always use the stock plastic top that comes with bare pumps. I believe that is what @fabio is using? There is also this phobya top but it only has 1 in 1 out and you will have to mount it pretty high up near power connectors, but it should work, too!
Aaahhh, I have it actually! The Alphacool in brass. It’s a very nice top though! But heavy like hell, I will be a bit scared to have it hanging from a fittings... Didn’t realize that can fit! Maybe I can try it!

Reactions: DrHudacris

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Aaahhh, I have it actually! The Alphacool in brass. It’s a very nice top though! But heavy like hell, I will be a bit scared to have it hanging from a fittings... Didn’t realize that can fit! Maybe I can try it!

Oh wow so it's solid brass?! Might be scary. Maybe additional reinforcement with double sided tape to the front panel or frame could help. If you try it, can you confirm the total height with DDC at 46mm?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Oh wow so it's solid brass?! Might be scary. Maybe additional reinforcement with double sided tape to the front panel or frame could help. If you try it, can you confirm the total height with DDC at 46mm?
I check tomorrow, but is definitely a block of brass. It is insane ? I will let you know!

Last edited:

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
You would not be a good surgeon! I sure do not want to be your patient.?

But think about all of the new and different configurations you'd get to try out. @fabio would probably figure out a way for you to have a third lung without taking up any more space, and your VO2 max would go through the roof. We'd be watching you set distance running and endurance records left and right.