Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
Optimumtech had a problem with EK GPU block in 2-slot mode because regular fittings are too tall.

I think Optimumtech will show this in his next video. So it’s not complicated, just buy this fitting and you will have 70mm left for Mobo side.
I guess this is an EK specific fitting only for EK blocks?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The motherboard is a group effort.

Once we finalize, it all be a major announcement, this will affect all the indie makers on the forum, probably Noctua as well.

This motherboard, if technically achievable, will transform the versatility and reliability of traditional layout (like M1) and sandwich layout (A4, Ghost S1, Steck, T1, Velka), and horizontal layout (NFC Sentry).
DO IT!! You're such a resource for this community!

thompsoff

Efficiency Noob
New User
Feb 11, 2020
Exactly, according to their specifications, it's only compatible with their full-cover waterblocks. The nice thing is at least every model they sell *is* compatible, instead of just a few cherry-picked ones...

EK-FC Terminal Rotary 90° is a replacement connecting link for any EK-FC (Full Cover) water block utilizing FC Terminal type fitting manifold.
source

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Exactly, according to their specifications, it's only compatible with their waterblocks. The nice thing is at least every model they sell *is* compatible, instead of just a few cherry-picked ones...

Even if you are not using EK GPU block, you can use low profile angle fittings like Koolance Swiveling Elbow or Alpahcool HF L-connector to fit into 2-slot GPU mode.

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Emm.. this may sound like a good idea but requiring a Top Hat is the main reason I skip the Ghost because it ruins the looks.. probably better to focus on designing another case with 240mm aio support out of the box, like the sidearmd 240aio project that’s already in the works
I absolutely agree.

I've been waiting for a case that could take a 240mm rad and not look ridiculous. (Not that big on m1). Compatibility for the lt240 is fine by me but i understand people wanting a little more compatibility.

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
Even if you are not using EK GPU block, you can use low profile angle fittings like Koolance Swiveling Elbow or Alpahcool HF L-connector to fit into 2-slot GPU mode.

I was planning to use the alphacool hf too, but they are non-rotating so you never know in which angle they end up in the terminal block.
Koolance shipping to Europe is very expensive.

Here is the part for alphacool blocks: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/neue...k-gpx-acetal-terminal-abdeckung-black?c=20724

I hope it fits with rotating 90° fittings...

Reactions: denys_349

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I absolutely agree.

I've been waiting for a case that could take a 240mm rad and not look ridiculous. (Not that big on m1). Compatibility for the lt240 is fine by me but i understand people wanting a little more compatibility.
And people need to understand that this is a case with 120 AIO in mind, not 240 AIO. There is a separate thread for that. Also, any case that can support long card and 240mm AIO can easily be 10.5 to 11.5L. at that point, M1 is a really not that big as comparison.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
Recommendations on a better pump? I'll be looking at making my first custom loop with this case, so new to it all.
Same here, this will be my first custom loop.

I believe the only other pump/block combo is the Swiftech Apogee Drive II, its almost the same price as the whole LT240 system (especially if outside the USA) but has a far better flow rate (useful for bigger, multi component loops). I'm curious to know how it would perform in a GPU+CPU loop versus the LT240 pump and if no one else has experience or is willing to test, I will be doing just that soon. My LT240 arrived today and will try and find the best/cheapest place to order the Apogee.

Due to the Apogee setup, you will need to use the GPU in 2-slot mode and even then Wahaha360 has stated you'll need the 30 degree fittings for the pump otherwise it will be too tall for the side to fit on. You can see this if you search the forum for "Apogee Drive" and look at his earlier post with photos.

Reactions: robinpfeiffer

Prijomoj

Cable Smoosher
Dec 15, 2019
Optium used lt solo pump which has 100l/h flow with 30mm thick radiator and set with lt240mm 25mm radiator has 70l/h pump

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I understand, but just wanted to confirm it'll be 2x15 only, and not 1x15, 1x25 as mentioned before.
To answer this question we need to look at the whole situation. Ali was only able to use 2x15mm fans because he used a 240mm rad that isn't supported by the case (30mm thickness). Hence when using them he still had bulging in his top panel. Maybe if we would have used 12mm fans it would have fit better.

So answer 1: if you use any rad other than the LT240 you are going to be required to do the math yourself to figure out what works.

Answer 2: if you use the only supported 240mm rad you will be able to use 1x15 and 1x25.

I hope this clears that up. At the end of the day pushing the boundaries of this case is going to be fun but realistically no one can answer your questions at the moment unless the items fall within the specs.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Same here, this will be my first custom loop.

I believe the only other pump/block combo is the Swiftech Apogee Drive II, its almost the same price as the whole LT240 system (especially if outside the USA) but has a far better flow rate (useful for bigger, multi component loops). I'm curious to know how it would perform in a GPU+CPU loop versus the LT240 pump and if no one else has experience or is willing to test, I will be doing just that soon. My LT240 arrived today and will try and find the best/cheapest place to order the Apogee.

Due to the Apogee setup, you will need to use the GPU in 2-slot mode and even then Wahaha360 has stated you'll need the 30 degree fittings for the pump otherwise it will be too tall for the side to fit on. You can see this if you search the forum for "Apogee Drive" and look at his earlier post with photos.
IIRC, Optimum tech found that the apogee drive 2 performed basically the same as the lt240 pump block combo, so I don't think it's worth it if you already have the lt240. Pls, the lt240 looks better and is probably quieter

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
So, I’m considering a full CPU+GPU Loop but I want it as low maintenance as possible. I already have the EPDM tubing, but does anyone recommend a good clear coolant?

I saw the Mayhems XT-1 Nuke which looks promising but I can’t really say if it’s worth it.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
IIRC, Optimum tech found that the apogee drive 2 performed basically the same as the lt240 pump block combo, so I don't think it's worth it if you already have the lt240. Pls, the lt240 looks better and is probably quieter

This I my first custom loop too. I am going with the lt240 and only keeping the pump/block and the rad. I am replacing all the fittings and the tubing with EK parts.

It isn't rocket science. All the fittings are universal between brands, just stick to a common hose size and you will be fine. If you want I will even post my shopping list of parts.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
This I my first custom loop too. I am going with the lt240 and only keeping the pump/block and the rad. I am replacing all the fittings and the tubing with EK parts.

It isn't rocket science. All the fittings are universal between brands, just stick to a common hose size and you will be fine. If you want I will even post my shopping list of parts.

Sounds spot on what I'd like to try. Optimum Tech's video lists the parts he used below the video too, including the replacement gpu fittings he is going to purchase. If you could also post your shopping list too, I'd much appreciate it.