Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

JayRello

Caliper Novice
Jul 1, 2019
Not going to lie, I'm pretty unhappy about the review before preorders. There was already 10x demand before this, and now there are so many people that its crashing the site. It just feels like a spit in the face to everyone who has been following the project for months. The chances of actually getting one, which were already kinda bad, just got slashed even further.

To prempt it, I can understand wanting people to know what they're buying beforehand. But with an already grossly insufficient supply it just increases demand to pointless levels.

To prempt another thing, yadda yadda I'm entitled blah blah blah. Yeah, Wahaha doesnt owe us anything as he hasn't taken our money yet. But it feels bad. And I think many would agree with the sentiment.

This is exactly the reason why I wanted to pre-order weeks ago. People who really wanted the case didn't need a video, we were ready to order. Now we have to wake up super early Saturday morning to hit refresh on sidearmd website 100,000 times and still possibly not get the case ?

Psyduck91

Average Stuffer
Jan 27, 2020
I'm glad the case was reviewed positively. Shame there's such a limited supply, I was really looking forward to getting one. I already have all the parts and was just waiting on the case.

RaihaX

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
As someone that only just found out about this case through OptimumTech I feel your pain - but on the plus side I was literally ready to buy another case that was suppose to have stock early Feb and now I have changed my mind on that.

Though at the proportion of supply vs demand my chances of getting one is pretty slim especially if they release the pre-order time in a (crappy for me) US timezone where I am probably sleeping at that time.

ps. Apologies on the shit english - not my first language :D

Reactions: Shinken1

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019
Congratulations on the positive review.

Shame all this extra traffic is making access to the site more difficult. I presume this is also the reason for the multiple duplicates of posts.

It’s a shame that many insisted on reviews and now a positive one is causing a lot of FOMO from people. Can’t win.
I've said earlier that I would have preferred preorders to be before the review. I've been quite consistent.

Reactions: mfgillia

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Personally I hope @Wahaha360 opens the preorders to SFF.net supporters first, considering his awesome case broke the website. I think it’s only fair!

(Not that I have a vested interest or anything :D )

Reactions: theexplainer

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
Will there be multiple colors or will it only be in black. The silver looks amazing!
From what has been discussed recently, only black for now but two tone will happen in the future (including upgrade parts like aluminum side panel, TG, etc). There is alsoa limited run of Space Grey (similar to Apple).

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Does this mean the original concept's anodized panels are out? The only panel option going forward will be mesh? Thanks for the clarification, and congrats on production, looks like you really nailed the design!

I will post the new Aluminum Panel design once I confirm we can actually make it, it's fresh.

Late to the party...Sorry.

@Wahaha360

Feature Request:

Additional bracket for possible HDD placement when using Triple slot GPU Plate and installing a dual slot GPU on slot 2.
Therefore freeing a single slot space between MB and GPU for possible HDD installation and cable management.

Hoping for your kind attention. Thank you!

Swamped for current production at the moment, but will look into it.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Have been watching this since it popped up hoping to buy. Now to beat 16,000 people to the release that wouldn't have known it existed yesterday :p

(This is a great thing for Wahaha360, so not complaining as such, I am just a selfish bitter person :p)
Not going to lie, I'm pretty unhappy about the review before preorders. There was already 10x demand before this, and now there are so many people that its crashing the site. It just feels like a spit in the face to everyone who has been following the project for months. The chances of actually getting one, which were already kinda bad, just got slashed even further.

To prempt it, I can understand wanting people to know what they're buying beforehand. But with an already grossly insufficient supply it just increases demand to pointless levels.

To prempt another thing, yadda yadda I'm entitled blah blah blah. Yeah, Wahaha doesnt owe us anything as he hasn't taken our money yet. But it feels bad. And I think many would agree with the sentiment.
suddenly, people who monitored this are 90% sure to miss it.

This is exactly the reason why I wanted to pre-order weeks ago. People who really wanted the case didn't need a video, we were ready to order. Now we have to wake up super early Saturday morning to hit refresh on sidearmd website 100,000 times and still possibly not get the case ?

I'm glad the case was reviewed positively. Shame there's such a limited supply, I was really looking forward to getting one. I already have all the parts and was just waiting on the case.
As someone that only just found out about this case through OptimumTech I feel your pain - but on the plus side I was literally ready to buy another case that was suppose to have stock early Feb and now I have changed my mind on that.

Though at the proportion of supply vs demand my chances of getting one is pretty slim especially if they release the pre-order time in a (crappy for me) US timezone where I am probably sleeping at that time.

ps. Apologies on the shit english - not my first language :D
Followed C4-sfx for a year - get nothing in the end
New hope arises when Sidearmd T1 started
Followed sidearmd T1 for more than a year but now facing possibility of getting nothing again...

I will make more T1s, talking to factory in a few hours. The factory can make plenty of T1s, the obstacles are 1) scheduling, 2) virus, 3) payment

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2020-02-04 : OptimumTech review video dropped - 9900K on 120 AIO can out perform 240 AIO, 240 AIO is really for the obsessed.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2020-02-05 : Everyone take a deep breath, and maybe buy another case ?...half joking.

I always believe T1 will be special, but I never expected this much demand.

If you don't need a case asap, since we will have more T1s starting May, reach deep into your soul and let another person buy one ?

I will just make make more T1s. That's basically what must be done.

mtacx

Chassis Packer
Jan 31, 2020
as stated latest by you @Wahaha360 on this thread, pre order will start as soon as optimum tech review came out which is 4 february, but you also stated on the first page of this thread that pre order gonna start on 8 february, my question will be which date you gonna open preorder so that we can prepare a bloodbath war to snatch one of the T1.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Update 2020-02-05 : Everyone take a deep breath, and maybe buy another case ?...half joking.

If you don't need a case asap, since we will have more T1s starting May, reach deep into your soul and let another person buy one ?

I personally don't mind waiting. The mesh side panels far exceeded what I expected them to look like but while they perform and look great I'd still prefer the anodized alum side panels, Idc if it cost more.

However, it's also hard since I've been following this case for over a year now and I'm ready to get my hands on it. However, like you said no one needs a case there are plenty on the market but at the same time we want to support YOU. That's what it is about for me. I love seeing the community succeed. I personally think that this is the best one on the market in its category atm. It's flexibility is hands down some of the most unique stuff I've seen in a while. You deserve to be rewarded for the hard work. I think most here will appreciate how involved you have made us over the past year. I'm glad it's finally happening. Most of us know that this is just the beginning of what the T1 brand will bring.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

To be honest concept of fully modular case, in metal, is great.
You can even work on larger case with 70mm cpu cooler clearance and 3 slots gpu..:D

Potential is here, and positive hype is deserved..:D

Reactions: anoldfriend

newzealot

Caliper Novice
Jul 26, 2019
The virus situation is hitting China pretty hard. Even if you somehow manage to secure a pre-order slot without the server dying, i would not be surprised if there are more delays. Even Apple are having problems...