Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

jouz

Trash Compacter
Oct 9, 2020
Not sure if this has been talked about before in this thread:

Why haven't I seen a single build where the PSU is flipped with the fan on the inside to pull out air from the inside of the case?
  • Wouldn't this make sense in positive pressure setups (i.e. radiator fans blowing into the case)?
  • Plus, the "hot side" of the PSU is the side where the PCB sits, so having this side facing the outside of the case would mean less warming up of the inside?
  • Also, at least for the SF750, the atx connector positions are biased to one side, so in some cases flipping this way may actually help tube routing a little...
This of course only applies for people that have short GPUs or have 2 slot setups with the PSU offset to 3 slot mode, as otherwise the PSU fan would be covered up.

Reactions: Flipping_A_pebble

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
30mm thick rad + 15mm thick fans - see the bulge yet? ? ? ?

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
is there anybody I can help with a AMD 6800 NON xt? i was able to order one, but will keep my 3080
Offer expired, card no longer available.

Last edited:
Reactions: FischOderAal

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Looks like I'm back on the nvidia train, was hoping for better RT performance and no counter to DLSS yet isn't helping. Though the DLSS counter is supposedly coming out with the 6900xt in December which is probably before I'll be able to find a card in stock anyways so maybe i'll be back on AMD when that drops.

The 3080 TUF gaming is probably the best that fits right? Might as well keep an eye out.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Looks like I'm back on the nvidia train, was hoping for better RT performance and no counter to DLSS yet isn't helping. Though the DLSS counter is supposedly coming out with the 6900xt in December which is probably before I'll be able to find a card in stock anyways so maybe i'll be back on AMD when that drops.

The 3080 TUF gaming is probably the best that fits right? Might as well keep an eye out.
Yeah I'm very happy with it.
I think it's about the best card to have right now.
I've heard that the 3080TI is coming in Januari too at 999 dollar so that might be an option as well.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Yeah I'm very happy with it.
I think it's about the best card to have right now.
I've heard that the 3080TI is coming in Januari too at 999 dollar so that might be an option as well.
thats a bit too rich for my blood, but it if comes out before i can get my card maybe it will adjust the pricing of the 3080!

I'm just concerned about the 10gb of the 3080.... Is that actually problematic? its the only thing really preventing me from being super excited about being back on the 3080 train

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
thats a bit too rich for my blood, but it if comes out before i can get my card maybe it will adjust the pricing of the 3080!

I'm just concerned about the 10gb of the 3080.... Is that actually problematic? its the only thing really preventing me from being super excited about being back on the 3080 train
I don't really know but the 16gb ps5 has no seperate ram and gpu memory so it's shared.
That makes the total available gpu memory a lot less.
I think you'll be fine with the faster 10gb 6x memory but not for how long.
It comes down to how long you are planning to use the card, and what for. If it's mainly gaming then the 3080 will probably be just fine for at least two years and maybe longer.
The tuf is 729 euro and when I look at the 6900xt, 1080ti or 3090 I think the price doesn't really justify the performance gain.
This might be something you'd like to see:

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
I don't really know but the 16gb ps5 has no seperate ram and gpu memory so it's shared.
That makes the total available gpu memory a lot less.
I think you'll be fine with the faster 10gb 6x memory but not for how long.
It comes down to how long you are planning to use the card, and what for. If it's mainly gaming then the 3080 will probably be just fine for at least two years and maybe longer.
The tuf is 729 euro and when I look at the 6900xt, 1080ti or 3090 I think the price doesn't really justify the performance gain.
This might be something you'd like to see:
Sheesh, thats a lot of money. Thankfully i'm USD gang so its not quite that expensive for me.

I'm currently on a 970 so anything will be a huge upgrade I just want to give myself the best chance to last equally as long on my next card as my 970 has lasted me and it looks like the 3080 is going to do that as RT becomes a more popular technology.

I watched his review this morning and i was super excited....until he got to the RT performance haha

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I feel my 3080tuf is the better card to own over the 6800xt for dlss, the displayed colors, raytracing, and drivers.
The 6900xt might be as good as the 3090 for 999 dollar but dlss, colors, raytracing and possibly drivers will still be lacking. So the next two years my 3080 will be with me.

Reactions: hetvler

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
I feel my 3080tuf is the better card to own over the 6800xt for dlss, the displayed colors, raytracing, and drivers.
The 6900xt might be as good as the 3090 for 999 dollar but dlss, colors, raytracing and possibly drivers will still be lacking. So the next two years my 3080 will be with me.
you sure you don't want to part with it? i'm in the market

Reactions: PKAWA

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
Speaking of vid cards, does anyone know if a 3070 with more memory is on the cards in the next few months? I read that it was, and then it was cancelled. Just wondering if that has also changed.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
you sure you don't want to part with it? i'm in the market
Hahah no well the plan was to sell the complete T1 it to a friend of mine and to put a 6900xt in my new T1, but since I've decided against it, my current pc will be sold without gpu

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Speaking of vid cards, does anyone know if a 3070 with more memory is on the cards in the next few months? I read that it was, and then it was cancelled. Just wondering if that has also changed.
That's what I've heard too. 3070TI and 3080TI's to counter the AMD cards.
Not sure which gap they are supposed to fill since the difference between the 3080 and 3090 is already very small.
Personally I wouldn't get a 3070 that is 2080ti levels of performance, because it doesn't seem like an upgrade to me.
But maybe my use case is different. (4K)

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Last edited:

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
That's what I've heard too. 3070TI and 3080TI's to counter the AMD cards.
Not sure which gap they are supposed to fill since the difference between the 3080 and 3090 is already very small.
Personally I wouldn't get a 3070 that is 2080ti levels of performance, because it doesn't seem like an upgrade to me.
But maybe my use case is different. (4K)
1440p for me here. Just concerned that 8gb will be a limitation down the road.

Reactions: PKAWA

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
welp I did it for the EK-AIO and now for the custom loop. compatibility-wise, if it was the TX240 rad (20mm thick), fitting the 3rd full size fan below the rad is quite easy actually. I chose the harder route by using a thicker rad (30mm) just for the extra ports so that I can fill/drain the loop much quicker. You can check the build log in my signature, it has everything that I've done on my build up to this point
Ye, that’s why I was curious, got the 240-D RGB like 7 months ago in anticipation for eventually getting the t1, so fitting a full 25mm alongside the two slim fans is something I hadn’t considered possible, due to the thick size of the radiator.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Is this radiator actually 26mm thick https://www.highflow.nl/watercooling/radiatoren/2-x-120mm-240/ek-coolstream-se-240-slim-dual.html ?
Searching by EAN leads to EKWB website which says it's 28mm thick :confused:
it is 28mm - you'll need the SE Classic https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-classic-se-240

Ye, that’s why I was curious, got the 240-D RGB like 7 months ago in anticipation for eventually getting the t1, so fitting a full 25mm alongside the two slim fans is something I hadn’t considered possible, due to the thick size of the radiator.
there's not a lot of room for tubing and it will require some force and some trial & error but definitely doable if you go for it

Reactions: zacobin