Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I wonder if the QC issues from the latest batch have anything to do with the move to increase production and availability a few months ago. The timing of the reports of these troubled cases and their delivery dates seem to line up with the time there was a massive increase in availability (e.g. being able to place orders on the Monday instead of running out within 2 minutes of order opening on the Friday)

I don't really like speculating but it lines up too well

You are correct.

We open order:
1) so people don't have to panic buy
2) stop scalpers with availability
3) have enough data to negotiate better deal with factory

It may have back fired ?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Finally some good news, 5950X and ROG3090 for next T1 revision, I could really use a break from manufacturing, so I guess I build.

Last edited:

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Do we know what the next revision will entail just yet?

I may just cancel and reorder once the QC issues are ironed out + next revision is available, if those two things look like they'll happen close together.

Thank you Wahaha360, for all of your responses on the matter by the way.

Reactions: DrHudacris

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Do we know what the next revision will entail just yet?

I may just cancel and reorder once the QC issues are ironed out + next revision is available, if those two things look like they'll happen close together.

Thank you Wahaha360, for all of your responses on the matter by the way.

also what changes are we going to see? I’m in the Christmas batch and miiiiight be able to talk myself into waiting.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I'm not waiting, the case has most likely not even been produced yet, and the issues are known and being worked at. I'll take my chances

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
First water blocks for RX 6800 (XT) and RX 6900 XT released.

Bykski RX 6900 XT WB: 262.7x135.71x23 mm
Bykski RX 6800 XT WB: 240.3x127.48x21.73 mm
Backplates are slightly longer.

Looks like in case of 6900 XT a DDC pump will definitely fit without a heatsink, but even the shortest heatsink at 26.1mm will require some sanding.
In case of 6800 XT, a DDC pump will fit with a heatsink, even with the top facing the side panel.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
SO, Officially there will be a NEXT Revision! ?

When is your 5950X and ROG 3090 build coming?

I can prob get the 3090 between 2.5-2.75 GPU Slot spacing, leaving 55-60mm to CPU cooler.

Then maybe I can modify the Noctua L12S or C14S Air cooler to fit with the 5950X with VLP 64 GB Micron 3200 RAM.

A little bit of under-volting will be required, maybe an all air cooled build in the T1.

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
2020-11-10: Defective Batch, Cancel, Ship Later or B-Grade?

We are officially stopping all T1 November shipments due to Quality Control concerns. Our core team have arrived at the factory and are trying to fix the problem in time for December shipping.

As some of you may or may not know, there are quality issues with T1s shipped in October. As far as we know, there is almost 10% defect within the October shipment, which is much higher than the 2% expected for low volume products. The production problem was concealed from us, and repeated so by bad actors within the factory. However, it is our oversight, so we will take the responsibility.

Our core team arrived at the factory this afternoon, and spent the last 5 hours investigating the cause and stopping packages from being shipped. It is now 3AM in the morning in Asia and we are notifying you now because we found the cause of the problem. For next steps, we have emailed those affected with some options.

Please accept our apologies for this unfortunate situation. Let us know what you want to do via support@formdworks.com and we will try our best to take action this week.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
When is your 5950X and ROG 3090 build coming?

I can prob get the 3090 between 2.5-2.75 GPU Slot spacing, leaving 55-60mm to CPU cooler.

Then maybe I can modify the Noctua L12S or C14S Air cooler to fit with the 5950X with VLP 64 GB Micron 3200 RAM.

A little bit of under-volting will be required, maybe an all air cooled build in the T1.

Hello Wahaha,

What do you mean by this? C14S is 115mm height

Do the changes you plan to make with the L12S involve fixing the cooler interfering with the side strut of the case?

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

taquito

Caliper Novice
Aug 7, 2020
Thanks for the open communication @Wahaha360 . Disappointed I won't get my e-white for Xmas, but there are worse things. I'm very happy to see you take responsibility and do what needs to be done. My faith in you and your team has always been strong and I'm glad it's not put to shame.

Best of luck resolving the situation.

T_Dawg

Chassis Packer
Sep 26, 2020
Out of curiosity, is this expected to delay late orders with estimated ship dates of late December? Understand if that’s the case, but want to adjust my plans and expectations accordingly.

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
2020-11-10: Defective Batch, Cancel, Ship Later or B-Grade?

We are officially stopping all T1 November shipments due to Quality Control concerns. Our core team have arrived at the factory and are trying to fix the problem in time for December shipping.

As some of you may or may not know, there are quality issues with T1s shipped in October. As far as we know, there is almost 10% defect within the October shipment, which is much higher than the 2% expected for low volume products. The production problem was concealed from us, and repeated so by bad actors within the factory. However, it is our oversight, so we will take the responsibility.

Our core team arrived at the factory this afternoon, and spent the last 5 hours investigating the cause and stopping packages from being shipped. It is now 3AM in the morning in Asia and we are notifying you now because we found the cause of the problem. For next steps, we have emailed those affected with some options.

Please accept our apologies for this unfortunate situation. Let us know what you want to do via support@formdworks.com and we will try our best to take action this week.
Much appreciation W360.

BSartist

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2020
Without knowing what kind of defects were included in "B-grade", I opted to ship later. I've waited long enough, what's another month? ?
I would have been OK with anything except inability to assemble and cosmetic defects to exterior surfaces.

Reactions: FischOderAal

zyv

Case Bender
New User
Oct 31, 2020
Out of curiosity, is this expected to delay late orders with estimated ship dates of late December? Understand if that’s the case, but want to adjust my plans and expectations accordingly.
That would also be my question, since I ordered one for that december shipment too. Yet, I still want to confirm: I'd 100% rather have a delayed shipment than a defective case.