Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Finally got my case and built the thing. Unfortunately it came with a few small finish imperfections, not sure if I should raise an issue with this for QC purposes?

Incredibly tough with the lack of decent instructions, had to watch a few videos/look at other builds to really get a grasp of what was going on. Currently running 3-slot mode in anticipation of a 3080 (or similar).

Some observations:
  • Case is half the size of my previous InWin A1, and has much better thermals. Also near silent, except for the GPU which you can really only during gaming. Hooray! Not going to lie, it didn't look all that 'premium' to me in pictures, but it really does in real life. Beyond happy :)
  • I had to file down a motherboard stand-off to stop it from hitting the riser. I used a nail grinder (for my dog, ha) to get it to a flush, acceptable level. Better than grinding into the riser, but seems to be a design oversight.
  • In 3 slot mode, an EK-120 AIO will *just* fit. The block will literally touch the side mesh panel, without too much noticeable bulge. RGB diffusion through the mesh looks great. I am a stickler and can deal with this. I couldn't use the full length brackets, had to use the smaller ones so my AIO is sitting 'freely', but snugly.
  • Using G.Skill Trident RGB RAM, best to mount the tubes on the mono shroud side, so they've got more room to travel above the block+ram-lock, and less 'bunching' occurring above the PSU. Mounting with tubes closest to the ram is tough.
    • Works well using the ROG Strix X570-I motherboard, but can get in the way of some of the fan headers if mounting shroud side.
  • Current CPU temps are 30c idle from boot, sits around 35-45c most of the time after extended use
  • Current GPU sits around 40-50c idle, and hits about 75-85c depending on game (Zotac 2080 Blower, rather hot)

The ASUS TUF 3080 seems to be the card to go for in terms of thermals/noise, but I am concerned about reports that its too tight that you need to snap the power connectors off - has anyone managed to get one in there without modding this?
I have the TUF 3080 in my case. Think I showed pics 1 or 2 pages ago.
The retainer clips of the cable connectors are probably what that guy was talking about.
I haven't done that and it fits perfectly.
As in, it fits so tight that the retainer clips are sitting ON the center beam but in that way act as a antisag bracket of sorts.
No problem at all and actually an added bonus.
I did have problems to get it to keep flush against the motherboard/psu, and as it turns out the top screw that holds the psu bracket in reversed mode lines up with the top of the card so perfectly that I used that screw to keep it secure against the psu.
If you zoom in on this picture the screw can be seen in the top left corner of the card.

It's unbelievable how well this card fits in the system, like it was made for it.

T_Dawg

Chassis Packer
Sep 26, 2020
Yeah, but that depends on your definition of thickness?
For example, I would expect 2x240 30mm to have the same performance as 1x240 60mm at the same number of FPI and "floors/levels/tiers" inside ?

I did say there were a lot of simplifications, and assumptions. The area does need to be effective, which will be determined by the design. How many passes back and forth do the tubes make? How many tubes are there.? How do the fins attach to the tubes? Etc and so forth.. Which is why there isn't just one school of thought around the detailed interior design of even industrial heat exchangers.

But my post was mostly just to remind folks that it was the surface area was the actual metric, ,not just the single dimension of thickness. And you can always dive deeper because almost all of the variables in those equations are derived from other factors, even the "delta T" isn't just T2-T1

But I think I already put some folks asleep.

BOGLOAD

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2020
It's unbelievable how well this card fits in the system, like it was made for it.

Looks like I have my PSU oriented the other way up (or is that down?). I'm about ready to pull the plug on one of these, except for the fact that they're non-existent in terms of stock level (at least here in Australia). 2021 looks to be the case :(

Reactions: ellroy80

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Yeah I have it reversed so with the power cable on the top.
You might want to wait and go for a amd 6800xt. Should be cheaper, better accessible and a little faster than the 3080.
My friend wants to buy my pc so I'm orienting for a full AMD build in a silver and black case I ordered the other day.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Finally got my case and built the thing. Unfortunately it came with a few small finish imperfections, not sure if I should raise an issue with this for QC purposes?

I've seen two posts on the subreddit regarding QC issues now too - do we know if the manufacturing or tolerances have changed?

Didn't see any QC issues before, but now I saw two in one week, and a few about riser/standoff clearance.

BOGLOAD

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2020
Yeah I have it reversed so with the power cable on the top.
You might want to wait and go for a amd 6800xt. Should be cheaper, better accessible and a little faster than the 3080.
My friend wants to buy my pc so I'm orienting for a full AMD build in a silver and black case I ordered the other day.
I'd like to, but I use things like NVENC, RTX Voice, etc... and nVidia's drivers are a hell of a lot more stable. The AMD card seems a bit smaller which is great, but performance/stability are my two main requirements. If AMD can bring the goods and prove otherwise, I'll go full team red in this build. Patiently awaiting benchmarks/temps :)

Reactions: ellroy80

Nhilros

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2020
Are there any news/discussions about this week's possible shipment of e-white cases? I bought when they were first available and it's (or was) supposed to ship this week.

matique

Caliper Novice
Oct 28, 2020
What slim fan are you using above the motherboard?

I can't get it to stop grinding against the motherboard when closing the top panel, despite following advice from some reddit users.

I'm using noctua a12x15. I had grinding at first but just pushed down my mobo and screwed in, it clears it and doesn't grind anymore.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Can somebody here please tell me if the Asus X570-i is compatible with the LT solo with the connectors on the left hand side?
Is the room there for this to work?
I'd want to run 12mm hard lines from there.

manoueltiger

Trash Compacter
Mar 10, 2020
Are there any news/discussions about this week's possible shipment of e-white cases? I bought when they were first available and it's (or was) supposed to ship this week.

same thing here, I should have my order ship this week

But maybe the covid made things a little ... complicated no ?

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Can somebody here please tell me if the Asus X570-i is compatible with the LT solo with the connectors on the left hand side?
Is the room there for this to work?
I'd want to run 12mm hard lines from there.
It has been discussed a fair few times already, take a look back through the pages. Cannot answer your question as 'Left' is relative.
take a look at this guys setup, will show you all you need RE clearances.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Sexy sneak peak of my 480mm of radiators and a big reservoir:

I will get some decent photo's outside tomorrow.

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
It has been discussed a fair few times already, take a look back through the pages. Cannot answer your question as 'Left' is relative.
take a look at this guys setup, will show you all you need RE clearances.

Please show me where it has been said if the connectors on the left hand side of the LT solo will work with the Asus X570-i.
I've actually read the entire thread and couldn't find it mentioned once.
And let me know what your definition of left is for reference.

I've already been talking to Matt from your link (on reddit) and he has been very helpful but ultimately didn't know if it would or wouldn't fit on the left hand side.
He didn't think it would but wasn't sure.

Nhilros

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2020
I have a question before the Zen 3 CPUs drop on the market in a few hours. I have the intention to use the T1 in 2-slot mode so that I can use the NH-L12S cooler (already bought)

Would the 5800X’s with its 105W TDP (wtf is up with that anyway? 5800X, 5900X and 5950X are all 105W, how can that be?) be problematic on that air cooler? I have 0 intention to overclock

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
The 5800X seems to be hotter than the 5900/5950X according to some reviews. Probably due to the higher quality chips ending up in the high end models.

I am hesitant if the H100i will be enough for the 5800/5900X (with a 6800XT in 3-Slot mode), so I will probably order the 5600X.

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
Igorslab had a comparison with ddr3200 and ddr4000. I think there is only a German arcticle/Video for now but the diagrams should be easy to understand.

edit: too slow