Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Yeah i realized after the post that i don't care at all about sleeved haha. I'll get the unsleeved ones.

I'm not custom looping (read: im a coward) so any AIO I get should already have the proper cable installed and I won't need to buy a new one, correct?

Gotcha, I'll read up. Thanks!
Depends on the AIO. Some AIOs don't need SATA power for the pump (like the EK DRGB series) but others (like most all Corsair AIOs) do need SATA power. So, check and see what the AIO needs for power. If it needs SATA, then get one of the SATA power cables as well. I use one and it helped a lot.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Depends on the AIO. Some AIOs don't need SATA power for the pump (like the EK DRGB series) but others (like most all Corsair AIOs) do need SATA power. So, check and see what the AIO needs for power. If it needs SATA, then get one of the SATA power cables as well. I use one and it helped a lot.
Oh thanks for pointing that out then! Didn't know that.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Sanity check please! Ordering some custom cables, want to make sure i'm getting the right ones.

1 24pin - https://www.pslatecustoms.com/colle...formd-t1-24-pin-paracord-custom-sleeved-cable
1 8 (4+4) pin CPU - https://www.pslatecustoms.com/colle...4-4-pin-cpu-eps-paracord-custom-sleeved-cable
however many 8 (6+2) pin cables my card needs - https://www.pslatecustoms.com/colle...-8-6-2-pin-pcie-paracord-custom-sleeved-cable

I'm using an m.2 drive so I DON'T need a sata cable right - https://www.pslatecustoms.com/colle...d-t1-sata-power-paracord-custom-sleeved-cable

Also, what is a sense wire? Do I need/want it on my 24pin?

This should be all the cables i need right?
Corsair SF Gold series do not require the additional sense wires and work fine. Corsair SF Platinum, EVGA and Seasonic do require the sense wires.

Reactions: DrHudacris

StoMaha

Efficiency Noob
Oct 27, 2020
Sorry for the repeat question from several days ago, but curious as to the answer:
Is anyone aware of a shorter internal PSU power cord that works with the T1?
I'm inverting/flipping my PSU, so the cable doesn't need to be half as long as it is to reach the rear mounting hole.

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
Sanity check please! Ordering some custom cables, want to make sure i'm getting the right ones.

1 24pin - https://www.pslatecustoms.com/colle...formd-t1-24-pin-paracord-custom-sleeved-cable
1 8 (4+4) pin CPU - https://www.pslatecustoms.com/colle...4-4-pin-cpu-eps-paracord-custom-sleeved-cable
however many 8 (6+2) pin cables my card needs - https://www.pslatecustoms.com/colle...-8-6-2-pin-pcie-paracord-custom-sleeved-cable

I'm using an m.2 drive so I DON'T need a sata cable right - https://www.pslatecustoms.com/colle...d-t1-sata-power-paracord-custom-sleeved-cable

Also, what is a sense wire? Do I need/want it on my 24pin?

This should be all the cables i need right?

Since I also want to a cable vendor in the future I can help you about your sense wires question: They are cables used to regulate the voltage of the PSU. They are expendable if you are using a Corsair SF Gold, but if you are using a Platinum rated PSU (or are planing to upgrade your current one) they are completely necessary. Esther way you can't go wrong with Pslate so I think the extra $15 are worth just for the peace of mind. Cheers!

Also the cables you listed are the exact ones you need (This might sound dumb but check your gpu cable requierements before you order from him, just in case you are confused or your gpu use one PCIe 8 Pin and 6 Pin one, instead of one or two PCIe 8 Pin).

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Since I also want to a cable vendor in the future I can help you about your sense wires question: They are cables used to regulate the voltage of the PSU. They are expendable if you are using a Corsair SF Gold, but if you are using a Platinum rated PSU (or are planing to upgrade your current one) they are completely necessary. Esther way you can't go wrong with Pslate so I think the extra $15 are worth just for the peace of mind. Cheers!

Also the cables you listed are the exact ones you need (This might sound dumb but check your gpu cable requierements before you order from him, just in case you are confused or your gpu use one PCIe 8 Pin and 6 Pin one, instead of one or two PCIe 8 Pin).
Sorry for the repeat question from several days ago, but curious as to the answer:
Is anyone aware of a shorter internal PSU power cord that works with the T1?
I'm inverting/flipping my PSU, so the cable doesn't need to be half as long as it is to reach the rear mounting hole.

pslatecustoms.com has the case and can make you a set of custom cables with the correct measurements, flipped psu or regular orientation. He's been making cables for this community for years and all you have to do it choose your colors and tell him which psu you have.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019

Oh I didn't realize that cards will sometimes mix cables like that. Guess i'll wait for 3rd party RDNA cards before i order. :(

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
Oh I didn't realize that cards will sometimes mix cables like that. Guess i'll wait for 3rd party RDNA cards before i order. :(
Yes, that would be the safest bet if you want nice and pretty cables.

However, the ones who usually mix connectors are the 3rd party manufacturers. Most of the time Nvidia uses the same pair of connectors or only one in their founders edition, for example 2080 Ti uses two 8-pin PCIe connectors and if I remember correctly 2070 Ti only uses 1 PCIe connector.

Despite this, this new generation of cards use a 12 pin connectors and include a chunky and ugly PCIe 8 Pin cable adapter that cannot be hidden because it is in the middle of the card.

ricardo87

Efficiency Noob
Oct 31, 2020
Yes, it will fit. But, it will have lighting, super bright white lighting you can't turn off. You're also losing out on other features, like controlling the fans based on the liquid temp instead of CPU temp. Furthermore, you won't be able to control the pump speed, it will just run at 100% all the time.
Instead of getting the H100X, get the EK 240 DRGB (you can control the pump speed, but no liquid temp fan control) or other H100i models.

I already have the Corsair in my Nouvolo Steck, I would like to avoid changing AIO, so if it fits, I won't change it. But I will have to buy two 15mm fans instead of the 25mm ones I currently use, right? Which ones in case?

Config:
B550I Gigabyte
G.Skill 16x2 3600 1.38v
Amd Ryzen 3700X 1.3 4400Mhz
nVidia RTX 2060 waiting for a 3080 that is dual slot or more, depends on what I find

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019
Are there pros and cons of putting fans below the radiator vs in between radiator and case? Im really torn, I wanna go simple with 2x a12x15 but i dont know. Temperature-wise and dust I guess?

Chaca

Caliper Novice
Mar 23, 2020
Hey guys, new to the forum but have been lurking for awhile.

Here's my current build:

What slim fan are you using above the motherboard?

I can't get it to stop grinding against the motherboard when closing the top panel, despite following advice from some reddit users.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I already have the Corsair in my Nouvolo Steck, I would like to avoid changing AIO, so if it fits, I won't change it. But I will have to buy two 15mm fans instead of the 25mm ones I currently use, right? Which ones in case?

Config:
B550I Gigabyte
G.Skill 16x2 3600 1.38v
Amd Ryzen 3700X 1.3 4400Mhz
nVidia RTX 2060 waiting for a 3080 that is dual slot or more, depends on what I find
You will need to get at least one slim fan for that radiator. The other fan can be a full sized fan. I would go with the Noctua NF-A12x15 for the slim fan, and the NF-A12x25 for the full sized fan.

Are there pros and cons of putting fans below the radiator vs in between radiator and case? Im really torn, I wanna go simple with 2x a12x15 but i dont know. Temperature-wise and dust I guess?
Putting the fans below the radiator will result in slightly cooler temps and (in my super quick testing) lower noise levels compared to having them on top of the radiator.

What slim fan are you using above the motherboard?

I can't get it to stop grinding against the motherboard when closing the top panel, despite following advice from some reddit users.
It is the NF-A12x15 fan. And are you sure you have tried everything? Even washers? Because the washers should eliminate the problem entirely. If not, then yo will have to have two slim fans above the radiator.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Is there a point to having temps as low as absolutely possible (ignore boost clocks) or can i safely run my system at slower fan speeds and noise levels and sit in the mid 70s to minimize noise without endangering my components?

Where is the threshold? I don't mind dropping clock speed since the performance hit will be very minimal but I do care about preventing damage to my parts.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
mid 70's is absolutely fine for the system.
I'd personally advise to keep the nvme drives as cool as possible because those will degrade under high temps. Below 50 would be ideal.

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019
mid 70's is absolutely fine for the system.
I'd personally advise to keep the nvme drives as cool as possible because those will degrade under high temps. Below 50 would be ideal.

i heard nvmes are meant to work in high temps, any data on that?