Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Besides the points already mentioned (change tubing, fans), the "official" stance is it is supported in 2 slot GPU mode without modification, and in 3 slot GPU mode only without the quick disconnects, which will mean redoing the tubing, which is just so close to custom loop already.
so the best "out-of-the-box" ish 240 AIO in 3 slot GPU mode is the EK-AIO 240 D-RGB then? Wahaha did not mention having to do any mods when he test-fit it.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
so the best "out-of-the-box" ish 240 AIO in 3 slot GPU mode is the EK-AIO 240 D-RGB then? Wahaha did not mention having to do any mods when he test-fit it.

Even the EK AIO has issues. The pump-block is a bit too tall for the 3 slot mode, so you may notice a slight bulge of the side panel. These caveats and asterisks with the 240 AIOs are why there is no official support for 240 AIOs. Even the LT240 has limitations.

njensen00

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2020
Even the EK AIO has issues. The pump-block is a bit too tall for the 3 slot mode, so you may notice a slight bulge of the side panel. These caveats and asterisks with the 240 AIOs are why there is no official support for 240 AIOs. Even the LT240 has limitations.
If you put it in 2 slot mode, wouldn't it work?

Clarenz

Efficiency Noob
May 9, 2020
I have been following this case for several months now. I am interested that it will finally be soon orderable. I am noob for ITX-builds and also for AIO's, allthough I have been building computers for years.

I am planning to go with my 3700X and Strix 1080, so I need to use the 3 slot gpu-mode. What is the best cooling solution for my CPU? I'm thinking to go for Corsair H60. Am I going to head for troubles and do you have better solutions for CPU cooling?

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I have been following this case for several months now. I am interested that it will finally be soon orderable. I am noob for ITX-builds and also for AIO's, allthough I have been building computers for years.

I am planning to go with my 3700X and Strix 1080, so I need to use the 3 slot gpu-mode. What is the best cooling solution for my CPU? I'm thinking to go for Corsair H60. Am I going to head for troubles and do you have better solutions for CPU cooling?

H60 is gonna be fine. You can try your hand at. 240mm aio, but I’m sure you’re aware there are a lot of limitations. Better off just sticking with the H60.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Clarenz

Efficiency Noob
May 9, 2020
H60 is gonna be fine. You can try your hand at. 240mm aio, but I’m sure you’re aware there are a lot of limitations. Better off just sticking with the H60.
Thank you for quick reply. Sure there is an option to try Eisbaer LT240 too, that would be slim one. Need to google some tests between H60 and LT240. Althought 3700X is not the hottest one of CPUs.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Besides the points already mentioned (change tubing, fans), the "official" stance is it is supported in 2 slot GPU mode without modification, and in 3 slot GPU mode only without the quick disconnects, which will mean redoing the tubing, which is just so close to custom loop already.
Adding to this, you can only hold 240mm radiators with 2 screws which personally drives me nuts. So, if one is picky and does not need the cooling power, go with 120mm AIO’s which is the officially supported size anyway. The install experience is also a lot easier.

Reactions: DrHudacris

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
If you put it in 2 slot mode, wouldn't it work?

Of course, but it'll bulge in 3 slot mode. It will be fine in 2 slot mode. Again, just be aware that it's not "it just works". @PBJ mentioned the only 2 screws, but if you want all the screws you can use 2 slim fans. It just keeps going and going with what fits and what doesn't. Ultimately, with 240 AIOs if you want easy, stick with 2x slim fans and 2 slot mode, but only with LT240 or EK (maybe others, but those 2 will fit). Any other configuration or other AIO and you will have to be creative, make compromises, or both.

Reactions: fabio

seckzy

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2019

Do you mean the 1080 Ti? The Strix 1080 fits fine in 2 slot mode (I had it in my Ghost S1 without issue the side panel on).

Reactions: Clarenz

Clarenz

Efficiency Noob
May 9, 2020
Do you mean the 1080 Ti? The Strix 1080 fits fine in 2 slot mode (I had it in my Ghost S1 without issue the side panel on).
1080 Strix, not Ti. Good to know. Most Strix-coolers seems to be more like 2,5 or 2,7 slots. Sure there will be some upgrades at the end of the year on GPU-section too so I want to play safe so that i can go with 3-slot version too.

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
Sorry if I am being redundant, I did a search about this but couldnt find an answer. Is the Alphacool LT240 still supported in full? I thought I remember hearing it was no longer supported, however a few days ago people were saying they were purchasing the AIO for their T1s. Are most people using just the rad to build a custom loop around it?

I already own a LT240, am I in the clear or should I get an EK AIO if I dont want to mess around with a custom loop? Had bad prior experiences with a loop I made frying a GPU, so im not too interested with ripping mine apart, however am an experienced builder.
there are lots of other 240mm AIOs that would be an easier fit than the EK one, I'd recommend going with less than 28mm radiator thickness.

I've made this a while back, it might help you choose an AIO for your T1.

There are different AIOs you could put in there (if you use a 15mm and a 25mm fan, of course). My RYUO 240 fits fine in 3 slot mode.

Last edited:

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
So if I might ask and gather wisdom from the veterans in this forum. I wish to build my first ever custom loop build around an Eisbaer LT Solo/9900K CPU (which I already have), and a water-block for my EVGA 2080Ti Black (2 slot card). I do not ever overclock and understand that I will likely undervolt my components. Already have my Noctua 25 mm and a Scythe 15 mm fan. And I have definitely and repeatedly perused the great resource table created by @theexplainer. I humbly seek suggestions on the radiators from that list (several which are AIO with nondetachable connections) which you recommend. I am not in any rush to build the custom loop, since I will try air cooled at first, based upon the advice of @fabio in the past. But I would like to get my feet wet in water cooling (pun intended) eventually. And for what it is worth, I have been building computers since 1979 (anyone remember the Zenith Z-89)?

???❄

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
So if I might ask and gather wisdom from the veterans in this forum. I wish to build my first ever custom loop build around an Eisbaer LT Solo/9900K CPU (which I already have), and a water-block for my EVGA 2080Ti Black (2 slot card). I do not ever overclock and understand that I will likely undervolt my components. Already have my Noctua 25 mm and a Scythe 15 mm fan. And I have definitely and repeatedly perused the great resource table created by @theexplainer. I humbly seek suggestions on the radiators from that list (several which are AIO with nondetachable connections) which you recommend. I am not in any rush to build the custom loop, since I will try air cooled at first, based upon the advice of @fabio in the past. But I would like to get my feet wet in water cooling (pun intended) eventually. And for what it is worth, I have been building computers since 1979 (anyone remember the Zenith Z-89)?

???❄

Check out @fabio build log

I think all his builds and part lists are there

Reactions: Purndou

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

???❄

I believe @fabio concluded the TX240 was a couple of degrees cooler than the EK classic SE. Not sure how both of those compare to LT240 bit I think the XSPC will still outperform it, as the classic SE and LT have similar fin density.

Deke

Cable Smoosher
Apr 22, 2020
Since fabio said that 16/10 ZMT is a bit too thick for this cramped space, I wanted the same maintenance advantages and that matte look so I found watercool.de sells EPDM tubing in 13/10.
Figured it'd be a slight improvement in flow over the 8mm ID of these other tubes.

I thought the Optimum Tech guy used 16/10 ZMT in his build, or at least I think that's what he linked in his YouTube video. When I looked at @fabio 's build I thought I saw two different tubing sizes. I only have 16/10 ZMT on hand and matching fittings. I'm questioning if I need to invest in some 13/10 stuff.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
I thought the Optimum Tech guy used 16/10 ZMT in his build, or at least I think that's what he linked in his YouTube video. When I looked at @fabio 's build I thought I saw two different tubing sizes. I only have 16/10 ZMT on hand and matching fittings. I'm questioning if I need to invest in some 13/10 stuff.
I think he did say it was too cramped, but still did use the 16/10 (@fabio) just did not recommend it?
I too am keen to find a good black 13/10 hose set for my build, though will go the 16/10 if I cannot find something suitable

zenpressocup

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2020
Hi! I'm new to ITX building but been very interested in starting my journey with this case. Can anyone confirm if the Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT (2.3 slot) could be mounted in the dual slot gpu plate without any issues? Also with regards to height limits (140mm with 15-20mm allowance for the pcie power connectors), since this card has 135mm height would it be a tight fit or a no go? Thank you!

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Thank you! Yeah I double checked all the dimension again after posting and there's like 3mm extra height on the block. So custom loop with Freeflo is the way to go in 3 slot mode I guess. Makes dual 120 AIO build more appealing now since most hybrid GPU will be 2 slots height. To the new generation!

Hi! I'm new to ITX building but been very interested in starting my journey with this case. Can anyone confirm if the Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT (2.3 slot) could be mounted in the dual slot gpu plate without any issues? Also with regards to height limits (140mm with 15-20mm allowance for the pcie power connectors), since this card has 135mm height would it be a tight fit or a no go? Thank you!
it will not fit, the Pulse card is 46.5mm in thickness and the clearance in 2 slots mode is 39.2mm (check the drawing back in 1st post)