Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
yes, it's on the radiator. port to 90 degree extension into 5mm extension into 90 degree extension into t block into low profile stop fitting, and then a low profile (16.6mm) compression coming out of the t block (all non-rotary). as previously mentioned- it's going to, at minimum, bulge the top panel on the t1, so the configuration is going to have to change long-term. i'm really going to be playing a game of millimeters in 3-4 different spots to make this short tubing run work though, so i'll wait until the t1 is in hand to make sure i'm not just burning more money on fittings for an idea that won't work.

in terms of the functionality t-block itself- it's probably not an ideal solution, but for what i wanted (being able to maintain the loop without dealing with the port on the cpu block) it's worked out about as expected. here's what it looked like when i popped the cap off after 2 weeks of normal use (this was filled to the threads prior)-

Good work! I wonder if it would work better if slim fans were put against the panel instead of the rad...it would at least give 15mm clearance to the panel.

thatcatpusheen

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2019
yes, it's on the radiator. port to 90 degree extension into 5mm extension into 90 degree extension into t block into low profile stop fitting, and then a low profile (16.6mm) compression coming out of the t block (all non-rotary). as previously mentioned- it's going to, at minimum, bulge the top panel on the t1, so the configuration is going to have to change long-term. i'm really going to be playing a game of millimeters in 3-4 different spots to make this short tubing run work though, so i'll wait until the t1 is in hand to make sure i'm not just burning more money on fittings for an idea that won't work.

in terms of the functionality t-block itself- it's probably not an ideal solution, but for what i wanted (being able to maintain the loop without dealing with the port on the cpu block) it's worked out about as expected. here's what it looked like when i popped the cap off after 2 weeks of normal use (this was filled to the threads prior)-

ahhh totally makes sense now. This is a fantastic idea, a bummer it won’t work as is. I’m also trying to avoid maintenance at the cpu block so I’ll probably be looking to do something similar to what you’ve done but will likely wait to have the case in hand as well.

thanks for sharing your setup!

ottosepta

Efficiency Noob
Jun 7, 2020
seconding @Paul_the_Octopus country list request. I checked the NCASE M1 site in case the T1 is sourced similarly and that site includes Canada in its unavailable-for-shipping list. Maybe shipping availability is different for the T1 though?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
seconding @Paul_the_Octopus country list request. I checked the NCASE M1 site in case the T1 is sourced similarly and that site includes Canada in its unavailable-for-shipping list. Maybe shipping availability is different for the T1 though?

You know why so many common countries are included. Air freight isn't moving because there is nobody to move it.

I live in Canada too. Don't worry I shot Wahaha360 a message. There is plenty of time until he opens up the store to get everything sorted.

Reactions: DrHudacris

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
Good work! I wonder if it would work better if slim fans were put against the panel instead of the rad...it would at least give 15mm clearance to the panel.
unfortunately, for the layout i'm trying to do, i believe that would push the cpu-side fitting into the 8-pin power connector/port on the motherboard and effectively make the layout impossible. that side is going to be rough enough as it is (rough visualization of what i mean)-

i have three general concerns with doing this short run tubing configuration in the 3-slot layout: distance between gpu-side fitting and pci-e mount, distance between cpu-side fitting and 8-pin power connector (and also how to deal with the tubing/cable there), and how to route the back-to-front tube around the internal power cable mount. i think i have it all worked out, but obviously need a t1 to really be able to confirm.

your suggestion did help me realize that if there aren't any issues on the pci-e side (i believe there's 2-4mm between an 18mm-wide fitting and the side of the mount), a simple solution to the t-block problem may be to just add a 7.5mm extension between the port and first 90 degree fitting. that would ultimately pull the t-block far enough away from the panel that it'd be good to go (and this may even help with routing the tube over the internal cable mount).

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
Can someone who already owns a T1 please tell me the distance between the ram and the mesh side panel and also the module height of the ram you are using?