Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Ok, the Alphacool 1U ES is showing some design issue: It's leaking, due to a deformation of the base. Maybe it would have been a good idea from Alphacool to have a additional screws from the bottom! Damn it, now I need to come back or to the DC-LT or to the external pump+reservoir.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Ok, the Alphacool 1U ES is showing some design issue: It's leaking, due to a deformation of the base. Maybe it would have been a good idea from Alphacool to have a additional screws from the bottom! Damn it, now I need to come back or to the DC-LT or to the external pump+reservoir.

The bowing in the middle is obvious giveaway. I am surprised there is no gasket and more screws which would solve the manufacturing problem

Reactions: PBJ

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The bowing in the middle is obvious giveaway. I am surprised there is no gasket and more screws which would solve the manufacturing problem
There is a gasket all around, but the bulge doesn't allow to be completely sealed, so under a bit of pressure it leaks now.
They should put more screws, and maybe do it in POM/Delrin, not cheap plastic.

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020
Oh, now we need to look for new ideas in the location of the pump inside. Maybe this happened because of a lot of pressure or a factory defect ?

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020
Good question, can be also the pressure given to the pump to screw in! But shouldn't happen! Especially in an "enterprise" solution as they say in the website...
Yes, a lot of thoughts in my head is really a problem and now maybe it will save people from such an incident. But maybe this is just a single factory defect problem.

F7IN

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
Well, finally I have some time to post my updated build, which is much closer to the final look.
Made some major changes to it:
- got SF750 from Amazon (still is not available in my country);
- bought 11/8 tygon tubes and aquacomputer premix coolant to replace LT240 stock;
- inspired by @fabio custom cables photos decided to made my own :)
- used long standoffs from the package to move riser 1-slot closer to the side and solve the issue with GPU height (still have to modify power connectors a bit);
- finally bought power button and also changed the ram to trident z rgb.

The most time consuming was to made custom cables, it took something like 2 days of work to complete all of them, but nothing too complex there IMO, just a lot of patience.
Replacing LT240 tubing is absolutely another thing, problems arose starting from the disassembling, had to use pliers and adjustable wrench to unleash tubes from two fittings, and even using such tools it was pretty hard to do, no need to say that 50% of their surface was damaged significantly.
I hoped that there will be no issues with assembling, but they were. I've painted all the fittings with a spray, but when I tried to assemble the loop there was no chance to do that without using of a pliers again.
Apart form that, when fittings are almost fully tightened tube starts to rotate together with a fitting, so I have to mount all the fittings to the tubes initially and then to the rad/pump.
Filling the loop using fillport on the pump wasn't the problem at all, just a time consuming task.

That's about what was done, but I still have some things to improve in the build.
First of all, bitspower set of 11/8 mm fittings already on the way to me, should be delivered in a week, as I'm really unhappy with the stock one. Together with fittings I want to add second short spring to the tube (even such bend across the psu going to kink the tube, especially during workload, but that was mentioned by some member, and expected with 1.5mm tube wall thickness) and move long spring to the front for a better look.
Also need to buy two black nf-a12x15 fans, but can't find them in stock, so have to wait some time.

** sorry for the photos quality, illumination is far for perfect **

That cable management is perfect man, I'm inspired to do my own custom cables now when the T1 goes on sale because of it.

bubumac

Cable Smoosher
Apr 19, 2020

This is bad, had originally wanted to go with the AlphaCool 1U Res + the EKWB 3.2 PWM pump. Would you be testing with another AlphaCool 1U Res? Or we should just wait for the distro-plate ??

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020
@fabio please tell me by specification it can be installed in T1? I'm looking for different options to replace the Alphacool ES Reservoir 1U

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
Will an Intel 9700k (8 cores) need undervolting when water cooled in this case?

My current system is on a test bench as I don't have the case yet, but I do have the LT240 AIO and a 9700k overclocked to 5.1 Ghz (4.8 Ghz cache / 4.9 Ghz AVX) @ 1.31v. I replaced the fans on the radiator with Noctua chromax NF-F12 and NF-A12x15 fans. Under CPU-Z stress it hits about 72C, and under non-AVX load in Prime95 (p64v266) it hits about 82C. I adjusted the clock down to 4.9 Ghz and that dropped the temps 13C (to imitate stock). At stock frequency you could probably get away with not undervolting, but it is worthwhile to explore in my opinion because all else being equal, less heat is better.

0Zx

Reactions: IamWilf and Odd_Fox

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio please tell me by specification it can be installed in T1? I'm looking for different options to replace the Alphacool ES Reservoir 1U

In dimensions, using a thin GPU block like the EKWB, YES! I should check with my new AquaComputer block that seems is thicker.
BUT, you can only use the DDC without heatsink, and should be found a way to connect to the IN and OT on the back...

Last edited:

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Our man @fabio and his PCI-E bifurcation maneuver is literally world-renowned! Bravo
Now, I just need a 3950x and a 3080 Ti and I will setup Unraid for a portable gaming setup with my 60% keyboard, wireless mouse and portable monitor. Then, an hdmi cord going to the TV so my friend can play with a controller at the same time. This is ridiculous, dude! A 9.5L dual 8c gaming pc with its own gpu(my old 20 series), nvme drive(dual M.2's) and ram. The only con is single channel 16gb ddr4 module on ryzen. I don't know how bad this will perform but in theory its Awesome!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2020-05-20 : Just got notice that we can ship via Postal Service Friday! I’m going to send the power button to test. If you need to update your shipping address, *PM me!

Australia, Wyd4, Austria, Cyberratchet Canada, johannbl, Denmark, fabio, Finland, Benihana, France, Vaux, Germany, theexplainer, Japan, hengster, South Korea, ahs8225, Italy, Metroversal, Malaysia, chinyang, Netherlands, Floris, New Zealand, tyen, Norway, Stigth, Poland, bynio, Portugal, nulio, Saudi Arabia, darky122, Singapore, heckinwoofer, Spain, prava, Sweden, Thermo, Turkey, cablez, Ukraine, denys_349, United Kingdom, Goatee, USA - California, bpark919, USA - NYC/CT/MA, Kundahli, USA - Texas, Navic, USA - Texas, DrHudacris, USA - Other, PBJ, USA - Other, Brude27, USA - Other, pslate, Uzbekistan, Basriy

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Yes, a lot of thoughts in my head is really a problem and now maybe it will save people from such an incident. But maybe this is just a single factory defect problem.

I'm sad to say, I examined my own 1U ES reservoir, and I saw the same bowing of plastic. I currently don't have it installed with fluid running but I think the problem is systemic..hoping @fabio's second unit doesn't leak, bulge or not.. but I also ordered a different DDC top to experiment nonetheless.

Our man @fabio and his PCI-E bifurcation maneuver is literally world-renowned! Bravo

Here here! He inspired me to spend more money! Lol

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I'm sad to say, I examined my own 1U ES reservoir, and I saw the same bowing of plastic. I currently don't have it installed with fluid running but I think the problem is systemic..hoping @fabio's second unit doesn't leak, bulge or not.. but I also ordered a different DDC top to experiment nonetheless.

Here here! He inspired me to spend more money! Lol
Well, seems is DDC model related. Alphacool just replied:

"The ES edition was mainly made for our Enterprise Customers, they are using the DDC310 only (who said this????) in a loop. ['...‘] Eddy said, you will get a special version of this unit for higher pressure for free."

I mean, they don't say WHICH DDC has to be used on the website, just release ONLY the high pressure???

@pwnedundies maybe the VTX pressure will be too much for the 1U reservoir...

Last edited:

bubumac

Cable Smoosher
Apr 19, 2020
Well, seems is DDC model related. Alphacool just replied:

"The ES edition was mainly made for our Enterprise Customers, they are using the DDC310 only (who said this????) in a loop. ['...‘] Eddy said, you will get a special version of this unit for higher pressure for free."

I mean, they don't say WHICH DDC has to be used on the website, just release ONLY the high pressure???

Did they say what "special version" they are sending you? And whether if this "special version" will be on retail?

Reactions: DrHudacris

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
With the DDC just mounted and not running, using the EK Leak Tester, the pressure drop on the 1U ES reservoir now is at 0.35bar. It is tested by them till 0.8bar.
This means that now every pump I will use will be a no. Curious to investigate this!