Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Would you pick the same radiator starting from scratch? Do you feel any benefits with 3 fans or going with thicker rad would be better option?
Not sure if I had already asked you this.

I think from a radiator perspective, the TX240 and LT240 are pretty much equivalent temp wise. I did some testing earlier with the Phanteks halos between the radiator and the slim Noctuas (basically acting as a shroud) and the noise profile was better (less motor whine and resonance, and more wind woosh, a more pleasant sound). And it might cool better but I have to test this.

Reactions: bynio and Cronos83

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
Originally I was thinking micro or mini led because it would be easy to control and conform to different sizes. However, cost would probably be an issue for people. Another option here would be to do a pixelated disay similar to top of the g14 from Asus.

As what @Wahaha360 mentioned since then we have started to look at eink or LCD. LCD for infinity mirror is showing more promise but would require special tooling to make up for some of the restrains we decided we needed (such as wireless).

Having started to think we should put it behind the infinity mirror has opened some new easier doors to work with but new constraints. I'm in process of testing now. I am actually thinking direct light led matrix similar to what you'd find in old school digital alarm clocks would look super cool in the infinity mirror. I am a little concerned about the detail of the display being hard to read when reflected a million times.

Sharp has a line of 'memory LCDs' that might suit your needs; they're persistent and highly reflective. A small company has designed a new handheld around this display, it's called the Playdate. A couple of game devs I know have played prototypes and raved about this screen. Something to look into.

Thermo

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020
Sharp has a line of 'memory LCDs' that might suit your needs; they're persistent and highly reflective. A small company has designed a new handheld around this display, it's called the Playdate. A couple of game devs I know have played prototypes and raved about this screen. Something to look into.
I'll check into it, however, I suspect the reflective is based on a coated glass solution? This might make it tough to fit into the infinity mirror area. I have considered other applications such as wireless eink, and such.

I already tested one of the sharp displays of this family, I'd need to find a FPC to USB or HDMI connector to make it work. Otherwise, it would work well, I wonder if this is what NZXT is using.

Reactions: Gerold

lyimin01

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 19, 2020
Been watching this thread since Optimum Tech's video, looking forward to switching out my current 301 for a real itx case

Reactions: Truth

oogabooga

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 20, 2020
Been following this forum for a while but just registered. Looking forward to this case and already started ordering parts in anticipation for its release

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Originally I wanted to do this, but we sort of decided against it cause to make it readable it would potentially take up a lot of the grill blocking airflow. I've tested an individual wired pixel display with individual LEDs on each hole but this isn't practical for the home user as there are wires everywhere. Airflow wasn't affected though :D
Agreed, tried it with my screens and was really disappointed with the result.

cldskt

Trash Compacter
Mar 5, 2020
I just checked the depth through the top panel down to the edge of the motherboard; 45 mm (assuming 1mm panel thickness). There are some challenges though, as the width of this space is narrower than 120mm. The space from panel to bracket is 43mm, i guess if you don't use brackets at all it's 44mm.

For now, I'm running slim Noctuas, chromax thanks to @pwnedundies ! Attached Phanteks halos as well. So that's 20.5 mm radiator + 15mm fan (no rubber pads) + 6mm Phanteks Halo= 41.5mm.

I think it's best not to assume things of others. @fabio could be very wealthy, a water-cooling enthusiastic extraordinaire, or wants a quiet compute PC for his work or something else. Or all of the above.

I'm over here playing Halo Master Chief collection with a 1080ti. GPU doesn't even hit max clocks.
Normally RGB is hard to pull off, but that Phanteks Halo looks great on Chromax!

2020-04-19 Update: Distro Infinity

As I mentioned prior, I think the Distro Plate is a superior alternative to Custom hard tubes. The Distro Plate can work with existing tubes with minimal bends, and it can loop in GPU without complication.

Thanks to Metroversal for the photoshop work to help me illustrate the Distro Infinity Plate.

Thermo might help me prototype a E-Ink or LCD display where the Infinity Mirror is located. I like to show temps, fan speed and some info on that area. I want these stats to *float in the middle of the blackhole / void created by Infinity Mirror.
Bruh. Here I thought we have reached maximum aesthetics points with the normal distro plate. Putting a screen there would be bonkers.

Reactions: Truth

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
Yeah I came across some basic builds with pretty much recommended parts as well.
Thought we were talking about people bending the boundaries and "restrictions" :)
But feel free to link them. maybe you can join forces with @threestripevida on the document he shared :)

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Already bought EKWB 240, shipped by DHL.. Hope there is no problem in customs clearance. Looking forward alphacool too.. So i have combination for my TR4..

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
I'll check into it, however, I suspect the reflective is based on a coated glass solution? This might make it tough to fit into the infinity mirror area. I have considered other applications such as wireless eink, and such.

Can't say. In my understanding reflectivity comes from the plate which sits behind the liquid crystal layer, often a treated metal.

What apparently makes this display stand out is the lack of any visible pixel grid, such that all on pixels form a continuous black mass. Given the screen's high reflectivity its most interesting aesthetic is 'dark mode', aka white-on-black, this being the inverse of traditional one-bit LCDs.

Reactions: posure

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Truth be told, I'd like a plain distro plate much better or several versions of the distro plate. Personally I find infinity mirrors just tacky, just like wood or leather. Just matte metal for me like the rest of the case.

The front is panel skin / plate is modular, just do turn off LED and use a flat skin / plate.

The rendering is meant to show modularity of the front.

Last edited: