Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Ahahahahm I could, but the RAM is really the last part that needs to be added to a loop! ?
What do you do for a living that's gives you funding and knowledge to be able to do stuff like this? Im just asking cuz I haven't decided what I want to do with my life as im a teen and whatever u do seems kinda cool. (Unless you gained all ur PC building expertise as a hobby, then im just impressed.)

Dreamcatcher

Efficiency Noob
Apr 1, 2020
Is the site stll WIP? as the last edit seems to have removed WIP but still asking me for a password. Just making sure its not my ISP cache issue. Yes, I am not so patient for this case, lol.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Let's call call them Classic and Not, they are both NEW! I think It can fit. I am only worried a bit about the shape:

If you see it is completely squared. If you want to have it pushed against the front panel to mount a 25mm fan, maybe you could have a small issue like @Navic?? I don't remember who was with the Corsair H70.
My T1 has this space of 119.6mm, not completely 120. So It's just a tolerance thing.
Yup, it was me (and I think someone else) that had problems fitting the H60 in properly because the paint on it made it just slightly too wide to fit into the gap in the front panel, so I had to sand down the edges.
There is a cutout on the front of the case that allows space for radiators to fit properly. This is mandatory for mounting a fan to the radiator, but the H60 is just ever so slightly too wide that it doesn't fit in the cutout. I was able to sand down the sides of the radiator and make it fit perfectly. See pictures here.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
The PART 3 is online! Also with the parts list updated ;)
I'm sure you still can fit an M2 SSD behing that pump ?

M2 => SATA:

M2 => USB3:

That should fit (44mm wide for the sata, 23 for the usb)
Is it useful? No but I think we are way beyond usefulness with your build ?

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I'm sure you still can fit an M2 SSD behing that pump ?

M2 => SATA:

M2 => USB3:

That should fit (44mm wide for the sata, 23 for the usb)
Is it useful? No but I think we are way beyond usefulness with your build ?
WELL, actually, with the PSU flipped, I am pretty sure I can fit the Optane 905 between the front panel and the PSU ? MAYBE...

bpark919

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2018

I FINALLY GOT MY CASE! Only to find that I had absolutely no idea how to build the thing. Haha! Here's my ghetto instruction manual so far. I need to tear apart my computer to rebuild it in the T1 now but wanted to post what I have in case I'm not the absolute last test shipper to receive my case! Hope this can help someone build in their case!

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
@fabio SF600 in my Ghost doesn't spin and because of not having any case fans the temperature builds over time. I imagine flipping PSU in your build would help moving air a lot. And it's such an itch that I'm having when looking at your otherwise wonderful setup.
WELL, actually, with the PSU flipped, I am pretty sure I can fit the Optane 905 between the front panel and the PSU ? MAYBE...
Would it be worth separating 2 water cooled GPUs with wider riser (positions 1 and 3)? Potential benefits would be air flow around them, same top block mounting and hidden tubes (or anything you decide to fit there).

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio SF600 in my Ghost doesn't spin and because of not having any case fans the temperature builds over time. I imagine flipping PSU in your build would help moving air a lot. And it's such an itch that I'm having when looking at your otherwise wonderful setup.

Would it be worth separating 2 water cooled GPUs with wider riser (positions 1 and 3)? Potential benefits would be air flow around them, same top block mounting and hidden tubes (or anything you decide to fit there).
I thought many time to flip the PSU, but I think I will have problem to route the tubes in that orientation. Also, I have to have longer 24Pin cable routed through the center, and I don’t know if for my particular setup will work better. Maybe I will give it a try!

For the GPUs, I am designing (mostly him) with C_Payne a 2 slot riser optimized for the T1. The plan is to use it when I will get a second Titan RTX to NVlink bridge them together.

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
@DrHudacris @fabio @Wahaha360 I'm following all the builds and trying to learn from your experience. Would you mind updating/commenting pros and cons on 240mm options?
- Alphacool LT240 without modding is a valid solution for simple builds,
- modding Alphacool LT240 is paying for throwaway parts (depends on specific configurations) but otherwise a good performer,
- XSPC TX240 needs higher flow but fits with extra fans, does it perform better with extra fans?
- extra fans with XSPC TX240 barely fit and are not screwed in? that could be a problem for accessing flipped case,
- EK-AIO 240 is a new option for a CPU only setup,
- EKWB SE240 Classic looks to be working great,
- I think someone mentioned Magicool G2 Slim 240

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
@DrHudacris @fabio @Wahaha360 I'm following all the builds and trying to learn from your experience. Would you mind updating/commenting pros and cons on 240mm options?
- Alphacool LT240 without modding is a valid solution for simple builds,
- modding Alphacool LT240 is paying for throwaway parts (depends on specific configurations) but otherwise a good performer,
- XSPC TX240 needs higher flow but fits with extra fans, does it perform better with extra fans?
- extra fans with XSPC TX240 barely fit and are not screwed in? that could be a problem for accessing flipped case,
- EK-AIO 240 is a new option for a CPU only setup,
- EKWB SE240 Classic looks to be working great,
- I think someone mentioned Magicool G2 Slim 240

I can answer some of this! Yes, with TX240 the radiator core is about the same as LT240 but greater fin density (22 vs 16 FPI). Theoretically with same airflow, TX240 is superior but the challenge is achieving the same airflow. It's not possible with the same fan set up because it is hard to push air through denser fins. In my build, I am able to fit 1 additional slim fan (2x slim, 1x fill size).

With the fan curves I've set, the air flow through the part of the radiator with a single slim fan is MUCH less than the push/pull part. I don't think the slim Silverstones are cutting it, just not enough pressure. I think I will revisit with GS 120 (20mm thick fans). They should generate more pressure but I'm unsure of the noise.

Also, all fans are screwed in! The panel requires a bit of downward pressure to line up the thumbscrews, but only barely. There is no visual bulging of the panel.

Reactions: bynio

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I can answer some of this! Yes, with TX240 the radiator core is about the same as LT240 but greater fin density (22 vs 16 FPI). Theoretically with same airflow, TX240 is superior but the challenge is achieving the same airflow. It's not possible with the same fan set up because it is hard to push air through denser fins. In my build, I am able to fit 1 additional slim fan (2x slim, 1x fill size).

With the fan curves I've set, the air flow through the part of the radiator with a single slim fan is MUCH less than the push/pull part. I don't think the slim Silverstones are cutting it, just not enough pressure. I think I will revisit with GS 120 (20mm thick fans). They should generate more pressure but I'm unsure of the noise.

Also, all fans are screwed in! The panel requires a bit of downward pressure to line up the thumbscrews, but only barely. There is no visual bulging of the panel.
I was using the GS 120 in my Ghost due to my 34mm radiator. Performance and noise was very good, my problem was they were too close to the grill and I was getting wicked turbulence.

Reactions: DrHudacris

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
I was using the GS 120 in my Ghost due to my 34mm radiator. Performance and noise was very good, my problem was they were too close to the grill and I was getting wicked turbulence.
I would be curious to see some data on different slim fans.

- on air coolers.
- high destiny slim rads.
- low density thick rads.

Sure the noctua slims are awesome. But are very expensive and arent ideal for static pressure. A head to head of the GS120 and noctua 120x15mm line up on the TX240 would be especially interesting for SSF.

Reactions: Bausa and Gerold