Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
So it's 4 days and i still don't have money. Looks like i need send message to my bank and ask where is my money? lol
Some people had to wait a few weeks to get their money released back into their account. You might want to wait a bit longer, or you can contact your bank/FormD support.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
The man really just hates getting money from us.

😅

If it was just about the money, I would do something else that makes more 😝

So far I am seeing a series of quality issues that are not ok with me. This is where I have to balance between quality and availability. To that end, I think of the first batch as the measuring stick, so it has to check all the boxes, or else this project is not worth the attention it gets.

jb_souvestre

Case Bender
New User
Jan 11, 2022
Hi I've seen on Reddit that one SKU will probably launch before the other, without mentioning which was first and which was last. Was that intentional ? Or has it just not been decided yet?

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Anyone have any experience shoving a 3090 FE (with the stock cooler on it) into the T1 v1.1? I just sold my waterblocked 3080 ti and have to wait for the 3090 block to get here from EK. So in the meantime i was going to put the 3090 in my T1 and run it stock. Just temporary for maybe a week or two. Bad idea? Should i do it? Or should i go buy a cheap case from microcenter to use in the meantime till the waterblock arrives?

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
😅

If it was just about the money, I would do something else that makes more 😝

So far I am seeing a series of quality issues that are not ok with me. This is where I have to balance between quality and availability. To that end, I think of the first batch as the measuring stick, so it has to check all the boxes, or else this project is not worth the attention it gets.
  • Woof, I hope it's not too hard to manage the factory side QC stuff. We diehards appreciate that the end result is worth the wait.
  • Re: quality issues: Due to the community-driven front panel change? Or something more fundamental?
  • That reminds me-- did that thing get sorted out where some pieces were being milled too the wrong dimensions (too thick to assemble)?
Anyhow, Happy New Year in a few weeks on top of all the hustling :D

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Anyone have any experience shoving a 3090 FE (with the stock cooler on it) into the T1 v1.1? I just sold my waterblocked 3080 ti and have to wait for the 3090 block to get here from EK. So in the meantime i was going to put the 3090 in my T1 and run it stock. Just temporary for maybe a week or two. Bad idea? Should i do it? Or should i go buy a cheap case from microcenter to use in the meantime till the waterblock arrives?
Yes, I ran a 3090 FE for nearly a month before I returned it (let's... not talk about that-- still kicking myself TBH), paired it with an EK AIO on CPU side. However, I did *not* run it stock. I had it at one of OptimumTech's sample undervolt settings (timestamped source, but the whole video is worth it TBH since it talks specifically about FormD T1... I believe v1.1 and not v1.0 already at that time).

IIRC I was at the 1900mHz @ 850mV and it breathed okay. Certainly not like crazy more loud than past open-air GPUs in my experience. I never checked VRAM temps or anything though, as my time predated the conventional wisdom of replacing all thermal pads as an almost required first step these days.

TL;DR it'll work fine, especially as a short-term solution but even probably as a long-term one if you're just gaming / editing stuff and not like, hardcore mining.

EDIT: I wish so badly that I had held onto the 3090 FE for-- among other rea$on$-- trying out how the EK special edition block works in v1.1. I don't *think* I've seen any builds out there that did it thus far, so I am beyond hyped that you're going to try it out @N9neBreak3r. I wanna see pics!!

Last edited:

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Yes, I ran a 3090 FE for nearly a month before I returned it (let's... not talk about that-- still kicking myself TBH), paired it with an EK AIO on CPU side. However, I did *not* run it stock. I had it at one of OptimumTech's sample undervolt settings (timestamped source, but the whole video is worth it TBH since it talks specifically about FormD T1... I believe v1.1 and not v1.0 already at that time).

IIRC I was at the 1900mHz @ 850mV and it breathed okay. Certainly not like crazy more loud than past open-air GPUs in my experience. I never checked VRAM temps or anything though, as my time predated the conventional wisdom of replacing all thermal pads as an almost required first step these days.

TL;DR it'll work fine, especially as a short-term solution but even probably as a long-term one if you're just gaming / editing stuff and not like, hardcore mining.

EDIT: I wish so badly that I had held onto the 3090 FE for-- among other rea$on$-- trying out how the EK special edition block works in v1.1. I don't *think* I've seen any builds out there that did it thus far, so I am beyond hyped that you're going to try it out @N9neBreak3r. I wanna see pics!!
Thanks for the super informative reply! Ill definetly put up some pics once i do it! Im waiting on buying the EK block until the 27th in case i get lucky and can buy a 90ti FE. I dont know what the 90ti FE pcb looks like and if it will be compatible with the 90 FE block.
Well im off to go stuffing that monster into her new home!

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022
Guys do anyone know:

1) Why are we missing T1-Sandwich v2 Titanium? Or does T1-Sandwich Kit + PCIe 4.0 Riser Titanium stands for Titanium PCI-E riser rather then Titanium case?
2) Is titanium really better than aluminum? I will usually take this case while traveling or moving to new houses. What would you suggest?

Thanks!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Guys do anyone know:

1) Why are we missing T1-Sandwich v2 Titanium? Or does T1-Sandwich Kit + PCIe 4.0 Riser Titanium stands for Titanium PCI-E riser rather then Titanium case?
2) Is titanium really better than aluminum? I will usually take this case while traveling or moving to new houses. What would you suggest?

Thanks!
1) "T1-Sandwich Kit + PCIe 4.0 Riser Titanium" means that it is the titanium colored case, and it is only available with a PCIe 4.0 riser cable. Basically, the config is: T1 Sandwich case in the Titanium color + the PCIe 4.0 riser.
2) Titanium doesnt mean the actual material the case is made of, it just means the color it is anodized in. Black is black, and Titanium is close to Apple's space grey. If the case was actually made of titanium, then no one would be able to afford it.

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022
I want to build a watercooled PC with RTX 2080 TI EK waterblock. Is it ok to take 280mm radiator or safe to go with 240? Thank you guys. You are really rock as the community

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I want to build a watercooled PC with RTX 2080 TI EK waterblock. Is it ok to take 280mm radiator or safe to go with 240? Thank you guys. You are really rock as the community
A 240 would be fine for that. Putting a 280 in this case is only for the extremely dedicated, so I wouldn't really recommend it if you can help it.
Also, depending on your waterblock, the GPU may or may not fit. If the GPU is a reference type card, it should be fine. If it's a big card (more specifically, a tall card), then it might not fit with a waterblock in the T1.

Cheezo

Trash Compacter
Sep 10, 2019
Ok, how can i contact with team about refund? Bank says they didn't receive any information. And i can't find how to contact with FormD team on site. Very nice.

Enigma

Efficiency Noob
Nov 21, 2021
Ok, how can i contact with team about refund? Bank says they didn't receive any information. And i can't find how to contact with FormD team on site. Very nice.
I waited 10 days if not more. The funds never were charged, but said "reserved". No emails/calls or action on my part was needed.

Reactions: DrHudacris

bourne

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 12, 2022
How are things looking so far with possible sales starting at the end of the month for the T1-SW? Or is it most likely gonna be delayed? Was gonna try and pickup a t1 v1.1 second hand somewhere but not sure if its worth it or not.