Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
I'm a bit confused, I was of the idea that the 'Two Tone' option was going to be available at a later date, after the first batch was shipped (or something along those lines?). Is that still a possibility? I haven't been following this thread very actively as of late due to the delays and life in general, so please excuse me if I'm mistaken or if I'm asking a question which has already been answered previously.
Yes, the two-tone front panel will be an accessory available later (current plan is Q2 2022).

Reactions: newtothegame

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
How bout just don’t do that next time chief
Well, as Software Engineer I'm, I can't stand from detecting vulnerabilities. I have looked for them, intentionally, to try to defeat the poll. If I did, anyone can do it as well hence the results should not be trustworthy :-). If that matter is a different story.

I'm just shooting my last rounds since I don't feel like waiting for the case any longer. It's taking too long and people went mad with the current poll when it doesn't state "clearly" what are the consequences of making a new default frontal panel regarding availability. No price increase, ok, but we could have been voting to delay the case a month or two. Maybe less, maybe more, we don't know. But ok, if it's what everyone wants, I have to deal with it.

On the other hand, regarding the current poll. We went from ~44/42/13 (first poll) to ~59/20/11/8 (2nd poll). Such a difference makes me wonder. Are we still voting for the same thing? If not. What the hell have we been voting for in the last month? At the time of this post, the % of customers that didn't care about the frontal panel to buy the case ASAP was ~44% in the first poll. The same option is now 20.18%. Basically, because of the total votes cast (1249/798). Altogether makes all this .... worthless, useless and I don't think it will provide Wahaha with any certainty if that's the goal of these polls.

In my opinion, delaying the release is risky for many reasons. The future doesn't look promising and there are many chances for the current supply chain shortage to go for worse. Not to mention the f...g COVID, its variants, the escalation of contagions that is happening lately and its side effects on the global market. It wouldn't surprise me if the case gets more expensive over time and harder to ship. In other words, I think that, the more we wait, the more likely we'll be back to those days of limited drops sold in less than 5min. Don't blame me for trying to avoid that :-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kapsi

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
On the other hand, regarding the current poll. We went from ~44/42/13 (first poll) to ~59/20/11/8 (2nd poll). Such a difference makes me wonder. Are we still voting for the same thing? If not. What the hell have we been voting for in the last month? At the time of this post, the % of customers that didn't care about the frontal panel to buy the case ASAP was ~44% in the first poll. The same option is now 20.18%. Basically, because of the total votes cast (1249/798). Altogether makes all this .... worthless, useless and I don't think it will provide Wahaha with any certainty if that's the goal of these polls.
The new poll added an option that people seem to like more (an option that makes it look like the original T1 without having to go two-tone) so chances are people are voting on that because they like that option more than the others in the previous poll. It's an entirely new poll, the old one didn't have all the same options this one has.
Nothing about these polls is "worthless", the first poll gave feedback that people want the original T1 look, but don't want two-tone, which is why the current poll was made.

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
So, according to your logic, where do these people fit in:

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
the first poll gave feedback that people want the original T1 look,

The first poll had nothing to do with a split panel (that was the main mistake). There was not such an option (so people didn't know what they were voting for).

How do you know what the people want if the poll is not telling you that? Because of the comments? Well, there were many asking for a drop regardless of the frontal panel. Why were they ignored?

but don't want two-tone

What? 42% (524) voted in favour of Two tones. How do you explain to those 524 "your vote doesn't count and your opinion either, given the new poll". Moreover, how do you explain to the other 44% (554) "your vote doesn't count either".

Sorry, but this is not serious. I don't want to be pessimistic and I don't pretend to make drama. It's just frustration. I had the feeling that we were to have one, maybe two, drops by these dates... Now it looks like we are back at the starting point where there's only uncertainty.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Kapsi

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
To my mind, that would be the 4th option in the current poll: "I want to buy ASAP, so I don't care enough about the Front Panel Design to delay" because I imagine the current front panel design has already been manufactured. That's what I voted for, because 1) I liked that front panel design, and 2) I want a drop ASAP.
Which, BTW, there might be a drop sometime soon with TG front panels (but not guaranteed), because those have already been produced, and not a lot of people seem to want it to be the default, so a TG drop right now might get cases into the hands of people who want TG or just want a case now, while people who don't want TG can wait for the new default to be chosen. All this info is from the discord from W360, btw.
The first poll had nothing to do with a split panel (that was the main mistake). There was not such an option (so people didn't know what they were voting for).

How do you know what the people want if the poll is not telling you that? Because of the comments? Well, there were many asking for a drop regardless of the frontal panel. Why were they ignored?

What? 42% (524) voted in favour of Two tones. How do you explain to those 524 "your vote doesn't count and your opinion either, given the new poll". Moreover, how do you explain to the other 44% (554) "your vote doesn't count either".

Sorry, but this is not serious. I don't want to be pessimistic and I don't pretend to make drama. It's just frustration. I had the feeling that we were to have one, maybe two, drops by these dates... Now it looks like we are back at the starting point where there's only uncertainty.
Yes, because of the comments. There was overwhelming feedback on Reddit that people wanted a split front, but didn't want two-tone. There were also people that wanted two-tone, and like you said, others wanting a drop right now. No one has been ignored, these polls are doing their purpose just fine. They are giving W360 some insight into what people want, and even though the polls are different, you can still use the data from both polls.

For the second part of your message, you are misunderstanding what I was saying. I was saying that there were people who wanted a single tone front with some kind of split, but those same people didn't want two-tone, only one tone, so that's what the current poll is for. Their votes still count, and it's not like two-tone is just never going to happen. The original way this was all going to happen was release now, have two-tone and TG and other front panels as accessories. If the default design is changed to the solid front with the cut line in it, I'd imagine we will see the other panels be offered as accessories.

But no where did I say in my message that the votes in one poll never counted. The polls are doing their job, and while the second poll will most likely determine the default front panel for launch, the first poll is still useful for gauging what accessories to prioritize. I was simply trying to explain some of the process behind the polls because people were asking questions.

I understand the frustration, I want a v2.0 as well, but at this point there's zero chance of pleasing everyone, so W360 is trying to navigate the shark waters to try to make the most people happy. Actual data from polls helps him achieve this. Could the polls have been done better? Yes, but the data they still give is valuable, none of it is instantly thrown out.

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
I was one of those who changed from the default panel in the first poll to the split front in the second poll. IMHO, the split front looks better than a single panel, but the two-tone looks terrible. I've been waiting for a case since August last year, so I'm happy to wait a bit longer, or wait for something else that suits my needs to come along.

Reactions: DrHudacris

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
I believe the majority wants whatever the original T1 had
If we force W360 to design things in a rush, "whatever the original T1 had" is not gonna happen.

The polls are doing their job, and while the second poll will most likely determine the default front panel for launch, the first poll is still useful for gauging what accessories to prioritize
Ok. This makes sense.

Which, BTW, there might be a drop sometime soon with TG front panels (but not guaranteed), because those have already been produced, and not a lot of people seem to want it to be the default, so a TG drop right now might get cases into the hands of people who want TG or just want a case now, while people who don't want TG can wait for the new default to be chosen
Speechless ...

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
there might be a drop sometime soon with TG front panels (but not guaranteed), because those have already been produced, and not a lot of people seem to want it to be the default, so a TG drop right now might get cases into the hands of people who want TG
I want tempered glass the most out of all the choices. I really hope this happens so I can get one. I'm one of the few people who really wants tempered glass for my front panel!!

Reactions: laiv

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I want tempered glass the most out of all the choices. I really hope this happens so I can get one. I'm one of the few people who really wants tempered glass for my front panel!!
I actually voted for TG in the first poll because 1) I don't want 2 tone, 2) I didn't like the frame around default 3) didn't think a cut line mono-tone would be a possibility.

Would still want the glass as an accessory though!

SaltyMemeBoy

Trash Compacter
Aug 10, 2021
Does everyone voting for two-tone actually want 2 colors? I get the feeling 90% of those people just want the front panel in 2 separate pieces of the same color rather than an actual two-tone front panel

Reactions: ellroy80