Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-08-08: T1 V1.5 Progress​

The mid August V1.5 batch will be offered to a group of selected testers first, and yes, people on the forum will be among the selected testers.

After we collect the feedback from them, we will open orders to those with priority and then the general public in September.

This is going to disappoint some people, but doing so makes the product better.

Uggels

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 20, 2021
This wouldn't be as disappointing if you were all transparent about that to begin with. Not sure why I gotta find out on the forum and not the email list. What's the point of asking people for their emails on the website if I'm not going to get any information.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
This wouldn't be as disappointing if you were all transparent about that to begin with. Not sure why I gotta find out on the forum and not the email list. What's the point of asking people for their emails on the website if I'm not going to get any information.

The email subscription is meant to notify people when we have *sufficient inventory.

Afiak, subscribing doesn’t limit notification to August batch.

We just don’t want to spam people until there is substance.

Based on current subscriber vs August inventory ratio, selling out quickly will certainly piss people off even more, internally we also struggle with the decision.

Due to the backlash customer service gets when things sell out too fast, a public release in August just leads to unnecessary drama for the Customer Service team.

Last edited:

Uggels

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 20, 2021

The mid August V1.5 batch will be offered to a group of selected testers first, and yes, people on the forum will be among the selected testers.

After we collect the feedback from them, we will open orders to those with priority and then the general public in September.

The email subscription is meant to notify people when we have *sufficient inventory.

Afiak, subscribing doesn’t limit notification to August batch.

We just don’t want to spam people until there is substance.
It doesn't say any of that on the page it just says working on updates and enter email. Also, one of the mods on reddit told me you don't send notifications to make sure less people know about the drops so im not sure what the whole spam thing is about. I want to be clear that im not upset that the date has been pushed back, i can wait. I mean you said that it was a possibility in the last update. It's just a pain the lack of information that is put out because I didn't even know that you were intending to make this a long term product. I thought it was just going to be a one or two time drop and discontinue it.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
The whole case was intended to be a limited production run but it's just very succesful. Don't really understand what you're complaining about. Be happy it's being developed despite the virus and all the troubles they have had with factories and materials.

Reactions: iRebel

Uggels

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 20, 2021
The whole case was intended to be a limited production run but it's just very succesful. Don't really understand what you're complaining about. Be happy it's being developed despite the virus and all the troubles they have had with
The whole case was intended to be a limited production run but it's just very succesful. Don't really understand what you're complaining about. Be happy it's being developed despite the virus and all the troubles they have had with factories and materials.
If you don't understand what customer service is then I can't help you. Never said I wasn't happy but nice straw man.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
If you think there's a lack of information then I can't help you. Between this thread and the dedicated Formd sub on reddit there's probably more info on this case then any other.
Reading through this thread beforehand would have given you all the info you needed before commenting if you were interested in it.
You don't seem to understand that this is not a big company like Corsair and the case is developed using his own funds.
That said, I don't have any Affiliation with Formdworks.

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021
Oh, ok.
Me, for example, i've been waiting for this for a very long time, i really really really love this case, but i surely can wait until september if it means a better product :)

AlexfoO

Efficiency Noob
Aug 1, 2021

Thanks for the announcement, I hope this will help to improve final product quality.
I have a doubt, who has priority to buy?
Thanks!

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020

Seems pretty standard. That's how we got v.1.1 so this is either going to lead to meaningful improvements or it's going to be confirmed ready to go after a few builds, fitment and tests. Given the level of configurations, it will help people figure out how they might want to build.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Seems pretty standard. That's how we got v.1.1 so this is either going to lead to meaningful improvements or it's going to be confirmed ready to go after a few builds, fitment and tests. Given the level of configurations, it will help people figure out how they might want to build.

On that note: someone in this test group had better run a HWL 280GTS build so I can stare at it and rip off their loop build the second I can get a v1.5. I'm looking at my 280GTS waiting in the wings this very moment hahahah

Uggels

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 20, 2021
If you think there's a lack of information then I can't help you. Between this thread and the dedicated Formd sub on reddit there's probably more info on this case then any other.
Reading through this thread beforehand would have given you all the info you needed before commenting if you were interested in it.
You don't seem to understand that this is not a big company like Corsair and the case is developed using his own funds.
That said, I don't have any

That said, I don't have any Affiliation with Formdworks.
Having your customers read through 673 pages worth of information is not customer service. I'm sure you enjoy wasting your time to find simple information but that's on you. They're reddit has more information on the case then their actualy website and you wouldn't even know they had a reddit or a forum on here If you just went to their website. I understand that he's not corsair but he has mods that he can help him build the website rather than searching through threads in the hopes that you find what you're looking for.

Reactions: Exist50

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
It doesn't say any of that on the page it just says working on updates and enter email. Also, one of the mods on reddit told me you don't send notifications to make sure less people know about the drops so im not sure what the whole spam thing is about. I want to be clear that im not upset that the date has been pushed back, i can wait. I mean you said that it was a possibility in the last update. It's just a pain the lack of information that is put out because I didn't even know that you were intending to make this a long term product. I thought it was just going to be a one or two time drop and discontinue it.
You're twisting my (and W360's) words a bit. They don't send out emails to "make sure less people know about the drops", they don't send them out because the emails will get to the people that subscribed to them far too late (your email provider is too slow to getting emails to you when stock can sell out in 5 minutes or less). It's all because FormD does not want these people to get upset that they got an email notifying them the case was in stock, and then when they get there (for example, right as you got the email) there was no stock, then they would be really upset. That's the reasoning for not sending out emails for these very limited drops. At least, this is what I remember the reasoning being in the past.
But know this: The mods on the subreddit do not speak for W360. We (myself included) only take the information that is said in this forum and on the subreddit and try to remember all those 673 pages of information and all the bigger posts on the subreddit so when people have a question, we can answer it to the best of our abilities using correct information that has come from the source, or from other people who have built in the case.
Having your customers read through 673 pages worth of information is not customer service. I'm sure you enjoy wasting your time to find simple information but that's on you. They're reddit has more information on the case then their actualy website and you wouldn't even know they had a reddit or a forum on here If you just went to their website. I understand that he's not corsair but he has mods that he can help him build the website rather than searching through threads in the hopes that you find what you're looking for.
I'm pretty sure none of the mods on the subreddit know how HTML or shopify works. We cannot help with the website in any capacity. And, I'm 90% sure there is a link to the subreddit on the website (when it is operational, which I wish it was more of the time instead of always being on the "Coming Soon!" page so more people could find the subreddit) so people can go there and as questions, which many people have done.
Even then, we can't put all of the communities knowledge about the case into the website, that would just clutter it way too much.

Shochan

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2018
Are we going to see builds by the testers on the forum? Or is it a dev and tester only thing. Fairly new to this case and how its being developed.

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020

Ohhhhhhhh, it's getting closer! I still don't have my video card yet, so I'm fine with the wait. It'll be interesting to see which ends up arriving first - the card or the case!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Are we going to see builds by the testers on the forum? Or is it a dev and tester only thing. Fairly new to this case and how its being developed.
In the past, the people that got the cases early showed off their builds and experiences after they finished their builds, or while they were doing it. It's not under NDA if that's what you're wondering.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Okay buddy, great to have you on the forum

truthfulie

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2021
Can't wait to see some dual rad builds when initial batch go out. I really want to be able to keep a 3090 build (currently just cooling GPU on single 240 with 5600X on air) in T1. Hoping 1.5 will let me do that! (and maybe let me upgrade to 5800X or 5900X but not priority).