Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Just charge more for white / silver.

We will pay it. Just make sure it's good quality and we are good.
The problem isn't quality or price, it's moreso the consistency of the finish. The last time FormD did e-white, only 30% of cases passed QC, so the price would have to have been a lot more expensive than it was to be sustainable. So that's why I think they're doing a lot more testing, to get that passing rate a lot higher so yeilds are better and the price doesn't have to be obscenely expensive, because most people don't want to drop $300+ on a case

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
The problem isn't quality or price, it's moreso the consistency of the finish. The last time FormD did e-white, only 30% of cases passed QC, so the price would have to have been a lot more expensive than it was to be sustainable. So that's why I think they're doing a lot more testing, to get that passing rate a lot higher so yeilds are better and the price doesn't have to be obscenely expensive, because most people don't want to drop $300+ on a case

Then I recommend a light Gray color instead of White, which would likely be more popular anyway.

Reactions: joressal

AlexfoO

Efficiency Noob
Aug 1, 2021
Someone can please explain why is so hard to make that nice white finish? I mean, in cars is the cheapest. Sorry if the comparison doesn't make any sense, I just feel curious.

truthfulie

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2021
Someone can please explain why is so hard to make that nice white finish? I mean, in cars is the cheapest. Sorry if the comparison doesn't make any sense, I just feel curious.
Cars use paint, which is cheap.

With cases like T1, paint or powder coating may not be desirable for few reasons. So they use E-coating. Google should give you better explanation than I can. But it's more expensive. You see this reflected in custom keyboard community as well. White boards with E-white option are usually a bit more than other colors.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Then I recommend a light Gray color instead of White, which would likely be more popular anyway.
I think that's what Titanium is, but people will always want a white color (I've seen a ton of people get their cases cerakoted white by third party shops)

Reactions: DrHudacris

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
I think that's what Titanium is, but people will always want a white color (I've seen a ton of people get their cases cerakoted white by third party shops)

Titantium comes off as gunmetal gray to me:

I'm asking more for this color:

Reactions: JDuval

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
The silver color is the closest you're going to get to white with anodization (you can't anodize white, so silver is the closest you can get) so it looks like silver and not white. It's either the titanium grey or the silver color for anodization. If you want a more white color, you need to use more complicated procedures, like electrophoresis or paint (which is of lesser quality on PC cases).

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
If anodized white, the finish will look more silver. As others have pointed out, its something the mechanical keyboard community has much experience with. Other colors such as yellow have the same issue. For those two specific colors, one must use more time consuming or expensive methods such as electrophoresis in order to get true white and true yellow colors.

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
If anodized white, the finish will look more silver. As others have pointed out, its something the mechanical keyboard community has much experience with. Other colors such as yellow have the same issue. For those two specific colors, one must use more time consuming or expensive methods such as electrophoresis in order to get true white and true yellow colors.