Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Waiting for August v1.5 update like:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
How can it be possible? I mean is it meant to be on the side? And if so... what fans are we going to use?

I dont have the T1, so I´m not familiarised with the measurements, but if one put a 280 rad on the top of the case ... this would force the case to be a bit wider no? I remember the problems at the begining with radiator support because of how slim the case is, and some 240 radiators that had more width were not compatible (nemesis 240 gts was one of them)
Which fans one would use with a 280mm radiator? There aren't that many slim 140mm fans and most (all?) of them use 120mm mounting pattern.
So I believe the HWL Nemesis 280GTS rad should sit over the GPU side with the Cryorig XT140 slim fans and with a HWL Nemesis 240GTS XFLOW rad on top?
Please confirm if this setup works.

The 280 radiator is for side mounting, over the motherboard side. It's not an officially supported config, so I will let the tinkers figure it out.

Is the M1 layout still able to fit fans on top or no?

No, there is no space. it's <10L after all. However, you can flip the case, that should help with thermals.

so currently, if we have a 2.75 slot GPU, how much CPU compatibility do we get?

68mm

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I have so many questions, but this is very exciting to hear.

Main question: is it that only the 280GTS was test fit? Or is there something about its ports or other physical features that makes it unique?

Main reason I ask is because WTF they're not available anywhere like just about everything these days. But Corsair's Hydro series XR5 is supposedly the same core as HWL's 30mm 280 rad, right? And not only is it more readily available, but it's also a smidgen less wide than 280GTS so... good news for potential fitment?

Other 280 radiator should fit also.

*Some GPUs, not all.

Since the 1.5 will feature the M1 layout I was wondering if there will also be compatibility for an external res and pump block like the one available for the M1?

Not the exact same one, but it's possible. I think an external pump/res like fabio setup is better no?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 This might not be possible but in the A4 layout for air cooling, is it possible to make the rad section modular? I guess it ends up looking like the Acat x pro with rails also on top so that fans can go on the top and bottom and the power button and plug outlet can be swapped on the top. I don't think the Acat x pro actually does this though, it just looks like it could. It's minor but it leaves the l12s in an optimal position and the entire case doesn't have to be flipped, as well as additional 2 fans for optimal sandwich cooling.

Volume, and structural rigidity.

To support these features, we have to be around 12-13L. At larger volume, there are more efficient designs than a sandwich layout case.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Volume, and structural rigidity.

To support these features, we have to be around 12-13L. At larger volume, there are more efficient designs than a sandwich layout case.
Thanks for getting back, another iteration with the same goal and likely much easier is the geeek m5 where their spine and inner back mount can move vertically. This might cause some gpu clearance issues though and I'm thinking this can be a nightmare with how to secure all the combinations of shifting up/down left/right.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
WELL, I think is referring to the Quick Disconnect one (of many), using an external Pump/Res to fill the system!
Yeah I've thought about it a long hard while but I'm not ready to commit to that just yet.
If I'm going that route, I'm prob building a custom cabinet with the pc inside a dedicated drawer, so that I can have all the cooling I want.
It's good to hear from you though! Will you be building the 1.5 when it's available? Would be interesting to see what you can do with it for sure.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Thanks for getting back, another iteration with the same goal and likely much easier is the geeek m5 where their spine and inner back mount can move vertically. This might cause some gpu clearance issues though and I'm thinking this can be a nightmare with how to secure all the combinations of shifting up/down left/right.
I think it's all done with screws for the backplate.

Yes you are correct for GPU height. It's 135mm only and max of 150mm if spine is moved down and no fans on top.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I think it's all done with screws for the backplate.

Yes you are correct for GPU height. It's 135mm only and max of 150mm if spine is moved down and no fans on top.
Yeah it's a different design than the T1, like they stuck with a Ghost S1 layout with the single spine to an inner back that screws into the outer back plate and likely a few key places in the front plate.

DZSlasher

Case Bender
New User
Jul 29, 2021
Is it confirm that the V1.5 will be compatible with the 20.5mm TX240 radiator + dual 25mm thick fans? I know that there was an asterisk in original post.

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
In his last v1.5 update, he answered both of these, but still no rock solid price, which I think is what you want to know.

1) There will be a unibody front panel AND a two piece front panel. Both will be different options for the same case as far as I can tell.
2) (This also ties in with 1) The unibody front panel will be $160 to $210 USD, while the two piece front will be $220 to $260 USD.
Hey, on his first post he updated it to say it would fit two models of 30 series cards, the MSI and Asus ones, but no mention of exact MM. What is the exact mm length of gpus that'll fit in the V1.5? Thank you!