Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
Besides the obvious desires we all have to know more about the M1 layout, I would like to ask Mr. Wahaha two questions.

1) Will version 1.5 have the uniform front panel as I believe was discussed at some point or will it remain the same as version 1.0 and 1.1?

2) Do you already know what the price of version 1.5 will be? If I remember correctly it was mentioned that it might cost $160 USD and if it costs less than $200 it would be great because I wouldn't have to pay taxes.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Besides the obvious desires we all have to know more about the M1 layout, I would like to ask Mr. Wahaha two questions.

1) Will version 1.5 have the uniform front panel as I believe was discussed at some point or will it remain the same as version 1.0 and 1.1?

2) Do you already know what the price of version 1.5 will be? If I remember correctly it was mentioned that it might cost $160 USD and if it costs less than $200 it would be great because I wouldn't have to pay taxes.
In his last v1.5 update, he answered both of these, but still no rock solid price, which I think is what you want to know.

1) There will be a unibody front panel AND a two piece front panel. Both will be different options for the same case as far as I can tell.
2) (This also ties in with 1) The unibody front panel will be $160 to $210 USD, while the two piece front will be $220 to $260 USD.

DavidN

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2021
Most likely Black first, Titanium next and White next.
This initial batch of 1.5 that will be released in mid-August. Will that be black with black mesh? Or will it be black with silver mesh?

Also, since we're closing in on a release. Is there any chance optimum tech will be getting his hands on a 1.5 sometime soon? :D

Reactions: SFFUSER

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
I gotta say I'm getting kinda fired up for V1.5.

I almost bought another V1.1 the other day just because I wanted to build again (am I addicted?) but decided to make a somewhat rational decision and hold off for V1.5 lol.

Can't wait to screw up and miss the drop! :D

ThommyAndy

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 16, 2021
Hi! I'm new to the forum and still kinda overwhelmed by all the information. Sorry :p
Can somebody answer me a few of these questions about the sidearm?

1. Will there be a version with 1 slot gpu support (for even more space around the cpu)?
2. Heatwise, would a closed loop with an all-in-one cpu reservoir/pump block be sufficient? (Like the barrow waterblock? If not what kind of small tube reservoirs would you recommend?)
3. would the setup from question 2 even fit?
3. Id use my 9900k or the upcoming intel 12900K CPU, 32 gb ram and either an asus/ekwb 2090 or the EVGA Kingpin Hydro Copper.
4. Ive never needed such a small PSU and dont know which one would be the best for this hardware.

Thank you in advance

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Hi! I'm new to the forum and still kinda overwhelmed by all the information. Sorry :p

1. Will there be a version with 1 slot gpu support (for even more space around the cpu)?
2. Heatwise, would a closed loop with an all-in-one cpu reservoir/pump block be sufficient? (Like the barrow waterblock? If not what kind of small tube reservoirs would you recommend?)
3. Id use my 9900k or the upcoming intel 12900K CPU, 32 gb ram and either an asus/ekwb 2090 or the EVGA Kingpin Hydro Copper.
4. Ive never needed such a small PSU and dont know which one would be the best for this hardware.

Thank you in advance
1. That is a feature of the v1.5, projected to come out in mid-august. The current version of the case (the one that has an order batch tomorrow) is the v1.1.
2. Yes, many people have done this. However, with the highest end stuff (like a 3080/3090) the loop with a single 240 radiator will be overwhelemed without undervolting on both the CPU and GPU.
3. Yes, but it would depend on the all in one CPU block you use. The Novoulo Aquanaut seems to be a popular choice (I think I spelled it right).
4. (You marked this as 3, but I think you mean 4) On a single 240mm radiator, that would probably be way too much heat. A dual radiator setup would be mandatory, and still may not work fully. Also, that EVGA KP Hydrocopper will not fit in the T1, but the Asus one (as long as you mean this one) should fit with the EK Terminal Fittings.
5. For that stuff, you would need the Corsair SF750 Platinum or the CoolerMaster V850 SFX. EDIT: The EVGA 850 GM should do great as well (thanks DrHudacris for reminding me that exists lol)

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Thank you in advance
1. V1.5 will have 1.25 slot support.
2. Barrow pump block is considered an open loop since it's DIY and not an AIO closed loop cooler. Yes you can use it without a dedicated reservoir, it just takes longer to bleed the air.
3. Barrow pump block will not fit in current versions of T1 (which is 1.1). Whether it fits in v1.5 remains to be seen.
3. You will face height clearance issues with pretty much any card except reference and founders cards, and on top of that, unless you have rotary terminals, you will need to run in 2 slot minimum mode to clear fittings from the terminal.
4. Most use SF750 Corsair, but EVGA GM850 and cooler master 850 gold SFX PSUs would do great too.

ThommyAndy

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 16, 2021
2. Barrow pump block is considered an open loop since it's DIY and not an AIO closed loop cooler. Yes you can use it without a dedicated reservoir, it just takes longer to bleed the air.
3. Barrow pump block will not fit in current versions of T1 (which is 1.1). Whether it fits in v1.5 remains to be seen.
3. You will face height clearance issues with pretty much any card except reference and founders cards, and on top of that, unless you have rotary terminals, you will need to run in 2 slot minimum mode to clear fittings from the terminal.
4. Most use SF750 Corsair, but EVGA GM850 and cooler master 850 gold SFX PSUs would do great too.
Bro…. Thank you so much ♥️

ThommyAndy

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 16, 2021
Bro…. Thank you so so much ♥
That helped a lot!
The problem with height clearance is absolutely new to me and im kinda shocked. Yeah i have rotary fittings.

again: that was fast. Thank you for the reply!