Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Does this work with the Gigabyte Aorus B550I since the socket is offset a bit? Trying to decide between the Aorus and Strix B550I

Yes, confirmed to work with Gigabyte Aorus B550 and X570 mITX mobo.

Gigabyte mobo higher CPU cooler mounting for the C14S is the primary reason it's hard to design the M1 kit.

• Love
Reactions: sfu11 and ellroy80

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 Any chance I'll be able to use an ATX PSU in a V1.5 if my GPU is 202mm?

In theory, yes to ATX PSU that's 140mm deep or less, but we don't make a bracket for it, so you can 3D print it.

Are the listings for V1.5 on taobao legit?

No.

I need to subscribe myself for the V1.5!

We will put a form up for subscribe soon.

Not sure if bumping is allowed in this thread, but I hope so 😬 The answer to my above question is crucial to helping me (and presumably others as well) decide whether to buy v1.5 in black upon release or wait for a white version.

Yes, and the price will be awful, I think around USD500 for E-White, because the yield for Electrophoresis is truly terrible.

White painted still experimenting, but the thickness of the paint required will throw off the tolerance and fit, which in itself is another headache.

There will an expensive E-White option Q4 this year and a more economical White around Q2 next year.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Is there any reason to not have the v1.5 allow for standard AIO radiators and still accommodate 25mm fans? How much volume would that add?

Yeah I figured that was the case. However, if there were some revision that allowed this, I would be totally on-board as that's the only thing that I'm not too fond of with this case.

We are testing out the idea of a removable top mesh on the Top/Bottom Panel to accommodate full 25mm thick fans on 240AIO.

Here are some draft renderings of the feature:

Kundahli

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017
Could you also make a top-hat that attaches via the same mechanism as the mesh, so that the fans aren't exposed?
Please. The naked fans are quite jarring, even if they are at the rear of the case.

I like the idea of modularity though, so am in full support of the removable mesh panel

Reactions: PKAWA

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
We are testing out the idea of a removable top mesh on the Top/Bottom Panel to accommodate full 25mm thick fans on 240AIO.

Here are some draft renderings of the feature:

I like the removable mesh but I really dislike the fans visible like this. This is only for thicker rads right? TX240+25mm fans still possible without doing this ?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I like the removable mesh but I really dislike the fans visible like this. This is only for thicker rads right? TX240+25mm fans still possible without doing this ?

Correct, *only for thicker rad.

Doesn’t affect TX240 + 25mm fans or 27mm thick AIO + 15mm slim fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: ellroy80

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Please. The naked fans are quite jarring, even if they are at the rear of the case.

I like the idea of modularity though, so am in full support of the removable mesh panel

That’s why it’s removable and optional right.

I suspect this config will top cooling performance though, so it’s not completely useless.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
So will the top be changed from a aluminum panel to this mesh panel or is this a add on?\
And will the aluminum side panels be available for the 1.5? I'm asking because I know of a case that is going to offer them soon and I'm confident they are from the same factory.

Moferad

Efficiency Noob
May 3, 2020
In theory, yes to ATX PSU that's 140mm deep or less, but we don't make a bracket for it, so you can 3D print it.

No.

Yes, and the price will be awful, I think around USD500 for E-White, because the yield for Electrophoresis is truly terrible.

White painted still experimenting, but the thickness of the paint required will throw off the tolerance and fit, which in itself is another headache.

There will an expensive E-White option Q4 this year and a more economical White around Q2 next year.

@Wahaha360

Ill probably consider just buying one of the options on eBay if the white option will be very limited , Has anyone tried paint options with it?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
So will the top be changed from a aluminum panel to this mesh panel or is this a add on?\
And will the aluminum side panels be available for the 1.5? I'm asking because I know of a case that is going to offer them soon and I'm confident they are from the same factory.

Undecided, depends on yield in production.

Which case are you referring to? Probably one of the Taobao clone?

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021

No.

Cool !!! Thank you :)

Please, can I help you with anything? I'm very good at photoshop, I can make great advertising for this product for you :) and for free!!! It's just that I love this so much. It's not just only a cool case, it's a piece of art.

Reactions: Kapsi

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Could you also make a top-hat that attaches via the same mechanism as the mesh, so that the fans aren't exposed?

Not for 2021.

Basically, it requires new tooling and it will most likely be a deformity headache.

Look at the Ghost S1 Top Hat problems, as the Top Hats get taller, the deformities become more pronounced, then it creates yield issues and hold back production. We just don't want to deal with it because we don't want to spend time making the case more than 10L.

We will most likely release some 3D files to let people modify things. To that end, nothing stopping other from doing so.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Yes, they have a website now, discord and a LOT of extras too.

I have seen the product.

Afaik, Aluminum Mesh Side Panel, we not using the same factory. Several clone factory reached out to me to get a contract 🤣. However, they cannot do what we need.

So far, there are only a few machines in China that can produce to our spec, and we will likely be using all of them if all goes well. Getting new machines and assembly line that can do so in China will probably take half a year (due to shipping and IC problems). Outside of China, I think the cost of doing Aluminum Mesh Panels will cost more than the case itself, so not practical.

Aluminum Mesh is completely different animal than Steel Mesh. Aluminum has several times the deformity problem compare to Steel when you make high density holes. Anodizing is always a problem, anodizing high density hole is a worse problem on top of an existing problem. The combination tends get you 100% defect batches, it's pretty crazy in the many times we have tried.

Only so much economic capacity on earth and I like all of it.

If their factory manages product better than the ones I'm using, not necessarily a bad things, I can buy out their factory's capacity. I keep an open mind 😉

Last edited: