Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

carlouws

Efficiency Noob
Nov 1, 2020
Would it be possible to add any of these dimensions to an existing v1.1 by buying some kind of add-on? If anything, just the length? The biggest limitation I've found is not being able to fit 320mm long GPU's, but maybe with that extra 5mm in the v1.5 it would work. It feels silly selling an already built, perfectly useful v1.1 to buy a v1.5 just for 5mm of space.
No. It has already been mentioned that this will not be possible since it is a completely new design. The cost of an add-on kit for this is pretty much replacing the whole case.

alluran

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 6, 2020
2 slot 120 aio solution, v1.1 two tone.
Any chance you could share the source file for this angle (with internals removed if necessary) with us so we can try different colors?

I'm considering a cerakote finish, but it would be amazing if we could preview color schemes ahead of time!

Reactions: DrHudacris

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Any chance you could share the source file for this angle (with internals removed if necessary) with us so we can try different colors?

I'm considering a cerakote finish, but it would be amazing if we could preview color schemes ahead of time!

Let’s save it for V1.5, will make it official download on the website.

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019
The change will be on the fan bracket, not struts.

will it still support EK 240 AIO + slim noctuas? Im guessing you will have to elevate the height of the case by a few mm right? I tested putting a thin piece of rubber on top of the bracket to give more space between fans and MOBO, I cant close the top panel without bulging.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
will it still support EK 240 AIO + slim noctuas? Im guessing you will have to elevate the height of the case by a few mm right? I tested putting a thin piece of rubber on top of the bracket to give more space between fans and MOBO, I cant close the top panel without bulging.
Yes, he's stated that 27mm or 30mm thick radiators will work with slim fans, or one slim and one full sized if the fans are installed under the rad.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I was wondering if liquid temp for a 5900x with single rad at 36c is normal with the case closed? Feel like it's high but have three Noctua fans and out of ideas to get temp down without it sounding like a jet engine.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I was wondering if liquid temp for a 5900x with single rad at 36c is normal with the case closed? Feel like it's high but have three Noctua fans and out of ideas to get temp down without it sounding like a jet engine.
CPU only loop? Under load?

That seems pretty good without knowing your ambient temp. Heat dissipation increases with delta T (coolant temp minus ambient air temp).

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I think it's probably ok. If I had to guess, your case internal temp is higher than 24.5. that's ultimately the air that will be cooling your rad.
Hm okay I do see that closing the case with the top does result in roughly 2c higher temps so that's unfortunate.
Might have been better with a mesh top, but this does look more premium.
I've ordered a xspc TX240 so maybe that will give me a little better temps although the rad is thinner.
Under load my liquid temps go to 48 so pretty high. At least I think so, but I've limited the fan speed to 75% so roughly 1500rpm. Above that it's like a jetplane.
I've already got a good cpu block with ddc and liquid metal so see no way to improve on that shy of adding a external radiator like a Alphacool Nexxxos 1080.

Reactions: DrHudacris

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
that is perfectly fine - for reference my 5950X with 360 rad and open build sits at 42C idle (ambient 31C) so delta T of 11C vs 12C (your case)

Under load my liquid temps go to 48 so pretty high.
how much load is that in total Wattage? again for my open build water temp barely reached 41C at 280W load (120% 2080 Ti power) but you have much less rad surface and the case being closed, and furthermore 48C is still way off from the 60C threshold. So I'd say don't lose any sleep over it and enjoy your build.

ionicle88

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 7, 2021
Yes, waiting for some parts before we release.

Size difference between V1.1 and V1.5, visually no difference to the eye, just 3mm taller and 2mm wider, and 5mm deeper, you can’t tell the difference.
With the great help both on reddit and sff, I've built up my v1.1 successfully! However I've run into a small issue of unable to screw in the top plate as the screw threads are worn out.

I've written to support and they've feedback to me they don't have spare parts for my black v1.1

I'm wondering, can I ask your help to purchase the top plate standalone? Or perhaps can I order a v1.1 when new stocks are released?
I've written to support and they've feedback to me they don't have spare parts for my black v1.1

I'm wondering, can I ask your help to purchase the top plate standalone? Or perhaps can I order a v1.1 when new stocks are released?

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
that is perfectly fine - for reference my 5950X with 360 rad and open build sits at 42C idle (ambient 31C) so delta T of 11C vs 12C (your case)

how much load is that in total Wattage? again for my open build water temp barely reached 41C at 280W load (120% 2080 Ti power) but you have much less rad surface and the case being closed, and furthermore 48C is still way off from the 60C threshold. So I'd say don't lose any sleep over it and enjoy your build.
Don't really know, google states that it's 142W for the 5900x. So I thought I should be able to get the thing more quiet especially in idle. I have the pump running at 40% and somehow that equates to 3000rpm. Ek ddc 3.2 pwm. This is still fine for me although the pump does get warm to the touch at that speed. Meanwhile the fans ramp up to 1050rpm at least to get to 36c and level out there. I would really like to have them at 900rpm in idle because it's louder than I like. Meanwhile I've got a Noctua NF-A40x10 for the chipset and it's still getting to 64c. Idle! Pretty crazy because I've replaced the thermal pad of the chip and of the m.2 heatsink with a much better one too and can't keep the temps below 60. But glad that you are able to give me some insight with your cpu. Thanks for that.

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Don't really know, google states that it's 142W for the 5900x. So I thought I should be able to get the thing more quiet especially in idle.
have hwinfo64 installed? you can log all the value of the sensor and draw it back into charts for further comparison and analysis

I have the pump running at 40% and somehow that equates to 3000rpm. Ek ddc 3.2 pwm. This is still fine for me although the pump does get warm to the touch at that speed.
same speed I was running my DDC in my previous build. personal thought though, now that I've experienced D5, I can't go back to DDC

Meanwhile the fans ramp up to 1050rpm at least to get to 36c and level out there. I would really like to have them at 900rpm in idle because it's louder than I like.
I see your pain point here. Hopefully the TX240 does the trick for you. Otherwise v1.5 is where it's at when you can use A12x25 instead of A12x15

Meanwhile I've got a Noctua NF-A40x10 for the chipset and it's still getting to 64c. Idle! Pretty crazy because I've replaced the thermal pad of the chip and of the m.2 heatsink with a much better one too and can't keep the temps below 60.
again, don't sweat it. my chipset sits at 64C too with the fan at 3700 RPM. the only way to get it cool further is to watercool it with a custom-made block LOL

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
With the great help both on reddit and sff, I've built up my v1.1 successfully! However I've run into a small issue of unable to screw in the top plate as the screw threads are worn out.

The top/bottom panel screw holes were the bane of my existence too! I suggest to move up the screw size - T1 uses M3 so use M4 now to self-tap those holes. There's literally no spare parts to purchase

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Don't really know, google states that it's 142W for the 5900x. So I thought I should be able to get the thing more quiet especially in idle. I have the pump running at 40% and somehow that equates to 3000rpm. Ek ddc 3.2 pwm. This is still fine for me although the pump does get warm to the touch at that speed. Meanwhile the fans ramp up to 1050rpm at least to get to 36c and level out there. I would really like to have them at 900rpm in idle because it's louder than I like. Meanwhile I've got a Noctua NF-A40x10 for the chipset and it's still getting to 64c. Idle! Pretty crazy because I've replaced the thermal pad of the chip and of the m.2 heatsink with a much better one too and can't keep the temps below 60. But glad that you are able to give me some insight with your cpu. Thanks for that.
I have another case, but try to use the pump at 2200-2400. I find those to be the best noise-less rpm and still maintaining good enough flow.

Reactions: PKAWA

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
have hwinfo64 installed? you can log all the value of the sensor and draw it back into charts for further comparison and analysis
same speed I was running my DDC in my previous build. personal thought though, now that I've experienced D5, I can't go back to DDC
I see your pain point here. Hopefully the TX240 does the trick for you. Otherwise v1.5 is where it's at when you can use A12x25 instead of A12x15
again, don't sweat it. my chipset sits at 64C too with the fan at 3700 RPM. the only way to get it cool further is to watercool it with a custom-made block LOL
Thanks for the feedback! It's greatly appreciated. I'm getting the TX240 within the hour and ordered some 6mm spacers so that it will rest a little higher above the fan bracket.
Hopefully this will result in it getting more space to breath. Otherwise the 1.5 case is maybe it yes!
Other than that I have been looking at D5 pumps and they seem to be cooled better but have lower head pressure? Why do you consider the pump to be better to the point you won't go back?
I'm actually contemplating going full out and building a complete system in a (big) drawer/ custom made cupboard with two nexxxos 1080 rads if I can't get the T1 to be silent....

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I have another case, but try to use the pump at 2200-2400. I find those to be the best noise-less rpm and still maintaining good enough flow.
Actually just put it back to 33% because of noise and it runs at 2283 rpm right now so you're spot on.
Edit: i see no change in temps in Aquasuite.

Last edited: