Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Nomo

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2018
I assume once they start producing the v1.5, they will stop making the v1.1, just like when they went from v1.0 to v1.1.

W360 has mentioned in the past that v1.5 would be simpler to manufacture, because the original design for the T1 was supposed to only be used to make 200 cases only, and then never made again, therefore the case was never refined to be produced at scale. By simplifying the design in ways that keep the functionality of the case the same, but reducing the complexity for the machines making them, you can reduce the cost of the case. This is what I assume is happening to make the case cost less now (an example being that the front panel is now one piece instead of two, which cuts down on potential defects and is easier to make)
In ur personal opinion, should I buy this T1.1 in July or wait for T1.5 version in August?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
In ur personal opinion, should I buy this T1.1 in July or wait for T1.5 version in August?
I would wait for the v1.5 personally. Better support for graphics cards, more slot configurations, and the extra few millimeters added for fans and rad should mean there's no chance for fans on the bottom of the rad to rub up against the MB. Plus, it'll be the latest one to get add-ons when/if they become available. Add-ons for v1.1 are probably never going to happen

Reactions: DrHudacris and Nomo

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
@Wahaha360 quick question regarding currently-planned design for v1.5 dual TX240 layout: will the EK Special Edition 3080 Founders Edition waterblock fit? I've read some chatter that it's noticeably thicker than other 3080 FE waterblock options. Too thick for v1.5 dual TX240 layout, though?

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
@Wahaha360 quick question regarding currently-planned design for v1.5 dual TX240 layout: will the EK Special Edition 3080 Founders Edition waterblock fit? I've read some chatter that it's noticeably thicker than other 3080 FE waterblock options. Too thick for v1.5 dual TX240 layout, though?
I own that waterblock. It's 1.1 slot I guess you could say. I mean, its seriously a very very miniscule amount fatter than 1 slot. I doubt it will be a problem.

• Love
Reactions: SoSquidTaste

xiso

Caliper Novice
Aug 24, 2020

This picture is different from the specification.
This picture seems to be able to move at 0.5 slot intervals.
What's this?

Last edited:

ripton

Cable Smoosher
Sep 2, 2019
I cannot wait for the FormD T1 v1.5 to be released …

Jp_sam

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 7, 2021
Yes, waiting for some parts before we release.

Size difference between V1.1 and V1.5, visually no difference to the eye, just 3mm taller and 2mm wider, and 5mm deeper, you can’t tell the difference.
Would it be possible to add any of these dimensions to an existing v1.1 by buying some kind of add-on? If anything, just the length? The biggest limitation I've found is not being able to fit 320mm long GPU's, but maybe with that extra 5mm in the v1.5 it would work. It feels silly selling an already built, perfectly useful v1.1 to buy a v1.5 just for 5mm of space.

Reactions: DrHudacris