Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Deep mini-ITX support, awesome!🥳 Although I wonder how adding just 5mm enables such boards to fit🤔
There was already space in between the MB and the PSU that wasn't being used (but I used it for cables) so adding those extra 5mm probably gave just the right amount of room to fit deep ITX boards.

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019

2021-05-25: T1 V1.5 Progress​

Since there are some major changes, this update will be called V1.5.

Confirmed Update:
- Still less than 10L
- T1 V1.5 Unibody Front edition, USD160-210, available in US, UK, AU, DE, CN *only
All those add are so Exciting !!!!!
But I guess your new shipping company method doesn't like French cheese 😅
Any chance in the future to ship in FR ?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
understood, hope this method will work out. I'm asking more because I prefer the unibody front than the two-tone. just to confirm unibody means a single piece of alumnium right? not just that it's a single colour?

Single piece, that's why it's unibody.

In terms of color, black will be first, then we will work on other colors.

Thanks wahaha. Just so it's clear for me then, the standard panels will be steel mesh, with the option for TG on one side, and you're looking into making aluminium (mesh?) a possibility?

Aluminum mesh is already made, just trying to optimize cost.

Our Aluminum Mesh yield is currently less than 40%, so it's cost 3 panels for 1 to be successful, which means it's going to be expensive in the beginning.

I think in 2022, when the world is less crazy, we might make a custom machine to increase yield and lower costs, but until then, we just want to give people something.

what is this Ncase M1 layout kit?

Wait for updates.

Famaku

Cable Smoosher
Sep 23, 2020
All those add are so Exciting !!!!!
But I guess your new shipping company method doesn't like French cheese 😅
Any chance in the future to ship in FR ?
I'm sure we can do some forwarding of shipments from one EU country to another 🙂 We can figure this out once sale starts.

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
Aluminum mesh is already made, just trying to optimize cost.

Our Aluminum Mesh yield is currently less than 40%, so it's cost 3 panels for 1 to be successful, which means it's going to be expensive in the beginning.

I think in 2022, when the world is less crazy, we might make a custom machine to increase yield and lower costs, but until then, we just want to give people something.
Cheers for that info, @Wahaha360. I'm happy with steel mesh on both side panels, so this all sounds good to me.

Regarding the NCase M1 layout kit to accommodate the C14S - I'm REALLY interested in this. However, I've already bought the Gigabyte B550i motherboard, and it seems that it is not compatible with the C14S in the M1 (iAdAj1c.jpg (2666×2000) (imgur.com)). Is the mobo position in the T1 similar to the M1, and therefore the C14S won't fit on the B550i? Or is there some room above the motherboard in the T1?

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021
Testing new shipping method, the shipping company limits to certain countries.

We are trying to warehouse in US to ship from US, but it's limited to what the shipping company can offer, and CA is not among our options at the moment.

We were always the crazy neighbor down south, you sure you want to 🤣
Oh, Wahaha360, I thought that the shipments of the V1.5 full unique body were limited to those countries, but not the "normal version".... Is there any change to get shipments to Spain ? I'll pay anything :(

Reactions: Mr X

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Cheers for that info, @Wahaha360. I'm happy with steel mesh on both side panels, so this all sounds good to me.

Regarding the NCase M1 layout kit to accommodate the C14S - I'm REALLY interested in this. However, I've already bought the Gigabyte B550i motherboard, and it seems that it is not compatible with the C14S in the M1 (iAdAj1c.jpg (2666×2000) (imgur.com)). Is the mobo position in the T1 similar to the M1, and therefore the C14S won't fit on the B550i? Or is there some room above the motherboard in the T1?

Very aware of the issue. working on it, this is why it's pending.

12bit35mm

Efficiency Noob
Apr 21, 2021
Yes, waiting for some parts before we release.

Size difference between V1.1 and V1.5, visually no difference to the eye, just 3mm taller and 2mm wider, and 5mm deeper, you can’t tell the difference.
Do you know if the next 1.1 release be just black again or will there be the other colors as well? Trying to decide if I should wait or pay a premium for a used one.

shiftycaps

Efficiency Noob
Nov 1, 2020

My journey into SFF building has been and will always be a marathon with frequent stops and changes, and never a one-stop destination. Since I started building at the onset of the pandemic last year, I have built and set apart several cases (NZXT H210i, InWin A1 plus, Nouvolo Steck) and there is always this little, nagging urge to go smaller and more compact each time I settle with one case, with the Steck being the latest and the longest one I used. I frequent some forums dedicated to SFF building including the local ones and there is this one case that is exceptionally revered: the FormD T1.

The T1 is definitely one of the most coveted cases in the world of SFF building. However, it's a unicorn that only a handful of users, most even located overseas, were able to catch. The limited supply persists until now and was also hampered by some quality control issues for the previous batches. For months, I meticulously studied its parts compatibility to ensure that I would be able to transplant my system without leaving any part behind.

Recently, I was able to snag a deal locally with a significant (almost double) markup, but I didn't have second thoughts of buying for an extremely rare case I've been wanting to have for months. After unboxing, it didn't take long for me to realize why this case stands out from all the rest. The case just reeks of premium-ness, both in look and in feel. Most parts are made from CNC aluminum with a good amount of heft to it. It also has configurations both for dual-slot and triple-slot Graphics cards. I took my time to take apart my old build and carefully transplant my components into the T1 for about half a day. Everything just fits like a glove. No amount of forcing, clipping, bending or instrumentation were needed to assemble all my old parts and put them in place. I was lucky that the custom PSU cables I used for my Steck did fit in without extra inconvenient cable length. I was still able to maneuver those excess centimeters into tight spaces and corners. Please allow me to break down each part and give a little review, piece by piece, on the link located below. Feel free to check my review on pcpartpicker out!

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/QCXv6h

Building small cases is long and is never easy. It takes a tremendous amount of patience, extra effort and quite some dexterity: from acquiring the parts down to cable management. But each time I look at it, I always marvel at the outcome and makes me conclude that everything was worth it. I don't think I will be able to build a system this strong at a smaller size anymore. But the modularity of this case still permits me to upgrade the core components (CPU, GP, Mobo, Cooler) in the future without having to go bigger. The word "Endgame" gets thrown around in PC building a lot, and I guess it's now my turn to say it...for now, heh.

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019
For newer version, has anyone considered making the side struts 1mm-2mm taller than the center strut so the slim noctuas below rad wont hit some motherboards anymore?

Reactions: thelaughingman

Nomo

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2018

2021-05-25: T1 V1.5 Progress​

Since there are some major changes, this update will be called V1.5.

Confirmed Update:
- Still less than 10L
- T1 V1.5 Unibody Front edition, USD160-210, available in US, UK, AU, DE, CN *only
- T1 V1.5 Two Tone Front edition, USD220-260, availability similar to V1.1
- Support both ROG 30XX and MSI Gaming X Trio 30XX
- Add PCIe 4.0 Riser option
- Support Deep Mini-ITX Support (ROMED4ID-2T)
- Support 46mm under the mobo for Radiator + Fan:
  • 20.5mm TX240 radiator + *dual 25mm thick fans
  • 27 or 30mm thick radiator + *dual 15mm slim fans
  • 27 or 30mm thick radiator + *single 25mm thick fan and single 15mm fan
- Support *dual TX240 240mm radiator setup, with 48mm CPU cooler height left for Pump & Res CPU Block
- Support 1.25, 1.50, 1.75, 2, 2.25, 2.50, 2.75, 3, 3.25 GPU Slots for more GPU vs CPU space allocation possibilities
- Add *new Tempered Glass Air Flow Side Panel
- Add Vertical Kit Accessory option
- Add Handle Kit Accessory option
- Official Instruction Manual and Assembly Video (YouTube)
- Remove T1 SFX Power Supply Flip Bracket (doesn't make meaningful difference in thermals)

Pending Update:
- Collapsible or Removable Headphone Stand
- Aluminum Mesh Side Panels
- NCASE M1 Layout Kit (include Notuca C14S Air Cooler Kit)
- Mini-DTX Support (Asus Crosshair VIII Impact, requires NCASE M1 Layout Kit)
- Freeflow Louvre Side Panels.
- EDC Slim Backpack Kit

How does it compare to T1 V1.1 *IMO
- For People looking for a cheaper option
- For People looking for air cooled setup without riser (5950X on Noctua C14S + 3080TI)
- For People looking for ROG 30XX and MSI Gaming X Trio 30XX support

Current *estimated release date mid August 2021 (release dates are always subject to change due to human malware & other uncertainties).

Hi W360,
I'm confused, will they stop producing the T1.1 version and only produce the T1.5 version?

Why is version 1.5 cheaper? Does it have cheaper materials?

This will be my first Small-Factor build, I would like to know roughly what are the differences between versions.

Because I fell in love with the T1.1.

So July is the date that the T1.1 will be available, do you know if they will ship to Mexico?

Thanks for the work and good communication you have with all of us.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Hi W360,
I'm confused, will they stop producing the T1.1 version and only produce the T1.5 version?

Why is version 1.5 cheaper? Does it have cheaper materials?

This will be my first Small-Factor build, I would like to know roughly what are the differences between versions.

Because I fell in love with the T1.1.

So July is the date that the T1.1 will be available, do you know if they will ship to Mexico?

Thanks for the work and good communication you have with all of us.
I assume once they start producing the v1.5, they will stop making the v1.1, just like when they went from v1.0 to v1.1.

W360 has mentioned in the past that v1.5 would be simpler to manufacture, because the original design for the T1 was supposed to only be used to make 200 cases only, and then never made again, therefore the case was never refined to be produced at scale. By simplifying the design in ways that keep the functionality of the case the same, but reducing the complexity for the machines making them, you can reduce the cost of the case. This is what I assume is happening to make the case cost less now (an example being that the front panel is now one piece instead of two, which cuts down on potential defects and is easier to make)