Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Can you measure with cable plugged in?

The cable should take up some space.
103mm with a very rigid unsleeved cable from DreambigByRay. Not my favourite but it stays exactly as is once bent. The insulation has 1.75mm diameter on this one.
105mm with NVIDIA's 2x8pin to 12pin sleeved adapter but I was putting too much pressure on it. If the cable would be touching a side panel, the panel would bulge. Ideally this one would need 3-4mm for flex. The cable with the black sticky tape on it is ~6mm.

I don't have any individually-sleeved cables to try but I think 104mm should be enough, perhaps with 1-2mm extra for flex to avoid side panel bulge. The maximum diameter of the sleeving that fits in those Molex/Astron connectors is 2mm btw as holes are 2.55-2.56mm wide.

Last edited:
Reactions: eedev

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hey @Wahaha360 you said to remind you at the beginning of May about being able to buy top/bottom panels and side panels separately. Here's the reminder lol 😆 I'm still interested in buying some too!

Reactions: Dr0ne

imode

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2018
Any chance the ability to go vertical makes its way from Evo to Classic? I know you mentioned keeping it for 2.0, but as 2.0 is more or less vapor right now, I'm really hoping that this is one of the concepts stolen for 1.2 or 1.5.

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Hey @Wahaha360 you said to remind you at the beginning of May about being able to buy top/bottom panels and side panels separately. Here's the reminder lol 😆 I'm still interested in buying some too!
Yes me too. I would like to buy a front panel in silver, and a center beam that has the cut out for the gpu.
My current T1 does not have this and it interferes with my 3080 power cables.

Reactions: Dr0ne

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Any chance the ability to go vertical makes its way from Evo to Classic? I know you mentioned keeping it for 2.0, but as 2.0 is more or less vapor right now, I'm really hoping that this is one of the concepts stolen for 1.2 or 1.5.
Last time he mentioned updates on the 1.2, he mentioned that there was a vertical kit for the T1 (not EVO) but he couldn't decide on a design so he didn't want to show it.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Does anybody know the screw size for the Asus x570 motherboard cooler backplate? The screws that should have come with my chinese waterblock are missing making it impossible to mount it. I suspect it's almost m3 but not exactly.

Edit: It's 6-32 x35mm. The only screw that you can't buy anywhere. Well you can but have to order it at highflow.

Last edited:

cennis

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2020
Does anybody know the screw size for the Asus x570 motherboard cooler backplate? The screws that should have come with my chinese waterblock are missing making it impossible to mount it. I suspect it's almost m3 but not exactly.

Edit: It's 6-32 x35mm. The only screw that you can't buy anywhere. Well you can but have to order it at highflow.
Same here, seller sent me very very long screws. He said that the correct screws should be 32mm, fits with the springs he provided. I bought some on Amazon that are 1-1/4. It is always on the longer side. 1-1/8 might be fine too.

Reactions: PKAWA

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Yes me too. I would like to buy a front panel in silver, and a center beam that has the cut out for the gpu.
My current T1 does not have this and it interferes with my 3080 power cables.

Working on shipping rates.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@N9neBreak3r @PKAWA, we don’t have enough parts to sell to the public.

Email support and said I’m ok with it, they will send you a private invoice for the parts you need.

Raw material prices are still increasing, I need to hold on to most of the parts for RMA, or else it’s going to be nightmare for people with defects - it’s even worse this year than last year for production due to raw material and shipping issues.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020

Email support and said I’m ok with it, they will send you a private invoice for the parts you need.

Raw material prices are still increasing, I need to hold on to most of the parts for RMA, or else it’s going to be nightmare for people with defects - it’s even worse this year than last year for production due to raw material and shipping issues.
Thank you so much!! Do you still need measurement of a founders edition 3080's power cable height (from your previous post)? I traded my xc3 3080 for a founders 3080 and have it now so I'd be able to measure for you. Let me know if you need me to get measurements and post pictures.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Thank you so much!! Do you still need measurement of a founders edition 3080's power cable height (from your previous post)? I traded my xc3 3080 for a founders 3080 and have it now so I'd be able to measure for you. Let me know if you need me to get measurements and post pictures.
Yes I do, please measure with calipers if you can and upload pic - so I can save it

Reactions: DrHudacris

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020

Thank you,
Just send an email to them.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
This has probably been asked but I can't find it.
Does the EVGA CLC 240mm fit in the FormD T1 1.1?
The radiator looks to be 1mm too thick for the current version of the T1, and the main problem I can see is with the pump block, because the tubes come straight out of the top, that might cause some headaches when installing it in 3 slot mode, or just in general.