Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020

2020-02-04: T1 V1.1 backlog orders all shipping by next week.​

TLDR, we are going to ship all T1V1.1 outstanding orders soon.

We stashed some T1 V1.1 for RMA purposes. If all goes well for February shipments, we will release these for sale in March - we only have Black, Silver and Titanium.

sugar daddy party GIF by Truecaller

You just made February an even longer month 😄

Reactions: DrHudacris

SFFPJ

Efficiency Noob
Sep 11, 2019

2020-02-04: T1 V1.1 backlog orders all shipping by next week.​

TLDR, we are going to ship all T1V1.1 outstanding orders soon.

We stashed some T1 V1.1 for RMA purposes. If all goes well for February shipments, we will release these for sale in March - we only have Black, Silver and Titanium.
Just to make this clear. There will be a moment when I'll finally be able to order a V1.1, right? Not having to wait for a V2 as that is a vertical design.

Reactions: aporias

fish.ch

Caliper Novice
Jan 26, 2020
Not having to wait for a V2 as that is a vertical design.
Nothing is set in stone for V2 yet, but for what I know last thing Wahaha said (in last update of first post in T1 Evo thread) is that vertical is going to be an add-on/kit (so probably even paid/parts for it do not come in the box?). In other words it still going to be horizontal case first.

kleidi

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 5, 2021
Is there any news on the 17mm radiator concept yet? Also was it mentioned at any point if it was a standalone rad or an aio?

Gibbles

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 8, 2021
hey all new user here. I'm hoping to get the T1 EVO in the future whenever available, but am going to buy an AIO soon for a current build - which will be moved into the T1 eventually. My question is - is a 120mm or 240mm AIO recommended? I only use a 5600x currently, but I do value quietness and potentially future upgrades. Naturally i thought a 240 would be better but ive seen a few conflicting reports about 120mm AIOS performing better? What is the consensus?

Thanks for the input

aporias

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2021
hey all new user here. I'm hoping to get the T1 EVO in the future whenever available, but am going to buy an AIO soon for a current build - which will be moved into the T1 eventually. My question is - is a 120mm or 240mm AIO recommended? I only use a 5600x currently, but I do value quietness and potentially future upgrades. Naturally i thought a 240 would be better but ive seen a few conflicting reports about 120mm AIOS performing better? What is the consensus?

Thanks for the input
Hi there, as far as i know there are no confirmed specs about the T1 EVO. Do you mean the current T1 V1.1 or upcoming V1.2 update?

The latter is designed for a 120mm radiator officially but you can fit a <25mm thick 240mm radiator in there without any problem by using 14mm fans. The new version may have official support for a 240mm radiator.

Of course a 240mm radiator (fins and thickness beeing the same) is always superior to an 120mm...why should a 120mm be better?

Reactions: Gibbles

Gibbles

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 8, 2021
Hi there, as far as i know there are no confirmed specs about the T1 EVO. Do you mean the current T1 V1.1 or upcoming V1.2 update?

The latter is designed for a 120mm radiator officially but you can fit a <25mm thick 240mm radiator in there without any problem by using 14mm fans. The new version may have official support for a 240mm radiator.

Of course a 240mm radiator (fins and thickness beeing the same) is always superior to an 120mm...why should a 120mm be better?
I meant the T1 EVO but was assuming its works similarly to the V1.1/1.2. So all/any of them really. Yeah im contemplating between the EK 120 or the 240 - which both fit the T1 currently, I've seen reports about 120mm allowing better exhaust for the gpu, and the gpu heating up the 240 rad in some cases as well. I think @fabio has posted before about 120 being a better performer? But most builds seem to default for 240 - so i wanted some extra opinions..

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I meant the T1 EVO but was assuming its works similarly to the V1.1/1.2. So all/any of them really. Yeah im contemplating between the EK 120 or the 240 - which both fit the T1 currently, I've seen reports about 120mm allowing better exhaust for the gpu, and the gpu heating up the 240 rad in some cases as well. I think @fabio has posted before about 120 being a better performer? But most builds seem to default for 240 - so i wanted some extra opinions..
I have used both. If you want cooler temps on the CPU at a quieter noise level, then a 240 is the way to go. Your GPU temps will increase slightly, but only by a few degrees, nothing to worry about.
Also, you're talking in the T1 Classic thread. This is the thread for the T1 EVO.

Gibbles

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 8, 2021
I have used both. If you want cooler temps on the CPU at a quieter noise level, then a 240 is the way to go. Your GPU temps will increase slightly, but only by a few degrees, nothing to worry about.
Also, you're talking in the T1 Classic thread. This is the thread for the T1 EVO.
Thanks for the input, yeah that was my impression and with how well the 30 series cards air cool I’ll probably go for the 240..

Well my query was about T1 in general wasn’t specific to any new features for the evo/v2 thought it best to be asked here. Cheers

cennis

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2020
Question for everyone
I bought a v1.1 T1 July 24 batch, when I was installing my (very tall) GPU, I noticed my main strut did not have the recess like some other photos I saw. This causes my pcie plugs to hit the main strut and prevent the GPU from sitting flat against the PSU. I believe this gpu is within spec (136mm tall)

Mine:

PCIE plugged in, causing GPU to lift up:

With recess:

Last edited:

angusp

Case Bender
New User
Jan 19, 2021
I'll try post a build log eventually, but thought I'd drop a note in that the Linkup PCIe 4 riser 25cm (Part #PCIE4EXT11SV-025) works to build the case in 3-slot but with the GPU in **1 slot** mode -- yes, weird, I know...

I've got a AMD WX7100 which is a single-slot graphics card, so set the case up with the mobo in "3 slot mode", by adding two 20mm standoffs to both sides of the GPU riser strut which I attach at the 2-slot position, which aligns the motherboard with the main spine strut in 3-slot position whilst pushing the riser mount point and therefore the GPU over another slot, so I've got a big space for activities behind it, to stick drives and other stuff in.

I've not seen anyone else run a 1-slot GPU, but doing it this way gives the GPU access to fresh air through the panel and hides the uglier drives and cables behind it. But yeah, for anyone unsure which of the many Linkup cables is the right length for this, it's the 25cm stright-out reversed-GPU-end one.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Question for everyone
I bought a v1.1 T1 July 24 batch, when I was installing my (very tall) GPU, I noticed my main strut did not have the recess like some other photos I saw. This causes my pcie plugs to hit the main strut and prevent the GPU from sitting flat against the PSU. I believe this gpu is within spec (136mm tall)

Mine:

PCIE plugged in, causing GPU to lift up:

With recess:
I replied to you on reddit, but I'll copy my response here for everyone that doesn't check reddit:

That seems like an early batch, so it could be that this was added to the design later, but I can't be sure. I don't think my V1.0 had this.
Looking at the build guides, the flickr one was the first one to come out (August 2) which would indicate that this was the same batch you got yours from, so it would be the same design. Looking at one of the more recent ones (performance computer, nov 22) it looks like it has this cutout. So I do think this was a slight design change that was made sometime between your batch and the more recent batches.