Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
Got my T1, swapped all the parts over, took around an hour to assemble and 6 hours to move everything over, I’ve got lots of little things left until my build is over but once they’re all complete I’ll certainly post pics. This case was worth the year of watching, and the 3 months actual queue, when you feel the alluminum in your hands its an entirely different experience and truly cements my disposition with acrylic. Glad I didn’t cancel!

cennis

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2020
I will be getting my 3080 FTW3 shortly for my T1. For any possibility of watercooling it, I need the Barrow block + L shape terminal block. The other brands do not have such a low profile terminal, and the block will exceed the 151mm height limitation.

The barrow block is however going to be around 30mm thick all in with the backplate (as opposed to Stanley's 19mm gpu + waterblock), leaving basically 0mm breathing room for a side HJ rad, making it pointless. My question for you guys is whether CPU + GPU in a single top 240mm rad can outperform the beefy 3 slot stock air cooler on the 3080?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I will be getting my 3080 FTW3 shortly for my T1. For any possibility of watercooling it, I need the Barrow block + L shape terminal block. The other brands do not have such a low profile terminal, and the block will exceed the 151mm height limitation.

The barrow block is however going to be around 30mm thick all in with the backplate (as opposed to Stanley's 19mm gpu + waterblock), leaving basically 0mm breathing room for a side HJ rad, making it pointless. My question for you guys is whether CPU + GPU in a single top 240mm rad can outperform the beefy 3 slot stock air cooler on the 3080?
I think it can, but personally, I find it would be better to just leave the GPU on air and watercool the CPU, especially if the side rad doesn't have any room to breathe.

cennis

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2020
I think it can, but personally, I find it would be better to just leave the GPU on air and watercool the CPU, especially if the side rad doesn't have any room to breathe.
Have you seen/considered side intake fans without a side rad, blowing directly onto the gpu block and helping the top rad with fresh intake?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Have you seen/considered side intake fans without a side rad, blowing directly onto the gpu block and helping the top rad with fresh intake?
I don't have a custom watercooled build, so I can't really say, but I don't think it would help too much, but it should help a bit I would imagine.
I did add a single slim 120mm fan to my build with an air cooled GPU and a 240mm AIO, and I think I saw CPU temps drop a bit, but I'm not sure if that's because of the increased airflow, or the GPU being cooler, thus not pumping as much hot air through the rad.
I still think an air cooled GPU with a 240 for the CPU would still be better, but again, I can't say for sure, just going off of what I've seen from other people.

Reactions: cennis

zyv

Case Bender
New User
Oct 31, 2020
Hey there guys,

is anybody having a

M19-1 to G1/4 Fitting​

and doesn't need it / willing to sell it?
I would definetly need a second and those things are out of stock forever :(

aporias

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2021
Hello sfforum,
i am currently planing a wartercooled build for a T1 1.2 in the near future. I know there are countless options for a custom loop in this case but i have a specific questions about the Barrow LTPRP-04 Waterblock / Pump combo which currently will not fit in the 1.1. I think we are talking about a few millimeters with the lowest rotary 90 degree fittings available which are missing to get installed without touching the side panel.

As i have seen here that there will be additional GPU size supports in the V1.2, i wanted to know wether this will be achieved by moving the top strut thus creating more or less clearing for GPU / CPU according to your needs. Or is this achieved just by moving the PCI Riser and using another I/O Shield for the GPU?

For instance if we get 3,25" on the CPU side (which should give you about 76mm of clearance) - this would allow the use of the Barrow Waterblock pump/combo easily.

Thanks

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
For instance if we get 3,25" on the CPU side (which should give you about 76mm of clearance) - this would allow the use of the Barrow Waterblock pump/combo easily.

The slots are always referenced on the GPU side. So what you're saying in 3.25 slots on CPU side is actually, 1.75 slots. V1.2 is going to be capable of 1.5 slots, so yes, you'll be able to fit the barrow block/pump in that mode. Just note you will have issue with standard GPU fittings in this config as mine just about touch the side panel in 2-slot mode, so you'll probably be limited to an EK GPU block and the EK-FC Terminal Rotary Fittings as I know the one that came boxed with the alphacool 2080ti GPU block interfered with the spine, though your miles may vary.

aporias

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2021
Thanks! I just researched the GPU fittings issue and you are probably right about the EK GPU Block with EK-FC terminal. It seems there is no perfect solution :)
I think there may be a similar option from Barrow but i don't wanna go off topic here. Are you using the Koolance Low Profile fittings on your current GPU Block?

The slots are always referenced on the GPU side. So what you're saying in 3.25 slots on CPU side is actually, 1.75 slots. V1.2 is going to be capable of 1.5 slots, so yes, you'll be able to fit the barrow block/pump in that mode. Just note you will have issue with standard GPU fittings in this config as mine just about touch the side panel in 2-slot mode, so you'll probably be limited to an EK GPU block and the EK-FC Terminal Rotary Fittings as I know the one that came boxed with the alphacool 2080ti GPU block interfered with the spine, though your miles may vary.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Thanks! I just researched the GPU fittings issue and you are probably right about the EK GPU Block with EK-FC terminal. It seems there is no perfect solution :)
I think there may be a similar option from Barrow but i don't wanna go off topic here. Are you using the Koolance Low Profile fittings on your current GPU Block?
I'm using the Alphacool TPV fittings on mine. Their 90 degree fittings are also really low profile like the Koolance ones (that I have on my Aquanaut CPU block)

Reactions: thelaughingman

aporias

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2021
I'm using the Alphacool TPV fittings on mine. Their 90 degree fittings are also really low profile like the Koolance ones (that I have on my Aquanaut CPU block)
The best solution is probably going with the EK Classic w/ the vertical Terminal in this use case. It should fit with 1,75". However i am unsure if it would be possible to a mount the gpu with a 2 slot bracket while the top strut / spine offset to 1,75". Well anyway - if one day the updated version of the T1 is released and available, i am sure somebody will try using that Barrow combo. Or Barrow will make a new version which will be less than 70mm, which should actually not be so hard to make.

aporias

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2021
And to get into the topic again: one of the really strong points from my point of view would be to be build upon the modular possibilites of the original T1 by adding even more possible locations of the gpu mount, psu mount, top strut and so forth. This is what makes this case unique in all the itx cases in my mind. But i can also understand that it would make the case more complicated which might put off some people who are new to the ITX world.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
And to get into the topic again: one of the really strong points from my point of view would be to be build upon the modular possibilites of the original T1 by adding even more possible locations of the gpu mount, psu mount, top strut and so forth. This is what makes this case unique in all the itx cases in my mind. But i can also understand that it would make the case more complicated which might put off some people who are new to the ITX world.
If the creator was to do that, I think it would add a bit too much complexity, not for the users (though that would happen) but for manufacturing as well. Not to mention, adding more points to move the struts would mean less structural integrity (i would imagine) and with how the case is designed, would require many different backplates for all the new slot positions. It would become not only too complicated, but it would require too many parts to be designed, only for most people to not even use them.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2020-02-04: T1 V1.1 backlog orders all shipping by next week.​

TLDR, we are going to ship all T1V1.1 outstanding orders soon.

We stashed some T1 V1.1 for RMA purposes. If all goes well for February shipments, we will release these for sale in March - we only have Black, Silver and Titanium.

LJS

Cable Smoosher
Feb 17, 2020

2020-02-04: T1 V1.1 backlog orders all shipping by next week.​

TLDR, we are going to ship all T1V1.1 outstanding orders soon.

We stashed some T1 V1.1 for RMA purposes. If all goes well for February shipments, we will release these for sale in March - we only have Black, Silver and Titanium.
I'm really looking forward to it!