Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Haha yes. They do get pretty warm but don't seem to make a difference. But I just left them on since it doesn't hurt.
You know, I've actually been thinking about something like this. One idea was to out thin thermal pads on the side edges of the TX to transfer heat to the side mesh panel. And also on the end tank that's pushed up against the front panel. Theoretically this should help?

Another crazy idea I had was to place a small TEC module between the front end tank and the front panel to pump heat into the front T frame. Idk, just crazy musings.

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
You know, I've actually been thinking about something like this. One idea was to out thin thermal pads on the side edges of the TX to transfer heat to the side mesh panel. And also on the end tank that's pushed up against the front panel. Theoretically this should help?

Another crazy idea I had was to place a small TEC module between the front end tank and the front panel to pump heat into the front T frame. Idk, just crazy musings.
Haha yes when you have already tinkered with so many things you start to think about more insane ideas. Here's a pretty simple thing to do to use the front panel as a passive heatsink:

At coolant temp of 42 C the front panel is about 37 C. I did not measure the temp before I did this but my palm tells me it's warmer than before. It's only useful for the top part of the front panel though, as the lower part is still pretty cool. I even put thermal paste between the two pieces of the front panel but it did not help much.

Last edited:

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
We need this to happen guys! Please show him some support!

I began designing my own last week too but I'm a newbie at modeling so it's going to take time and I don't own any kind of printers for prototypes, plus it's kinda expensive!

My vision is Unified Front Panel with Acrylic Reservoir/Block w/ DDC Pump. The offset PSU should make enough room to have something interesting.
I was also planning for either Quadro mount and/or least fan plugs so there would be less wires everywhere.

Last edited:

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
For those needing slim fans on radiators and are having a hard time getting Noctua NF A12x15, Arctic now has P12 in 15mm thickness.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
For those needing slim fans on radiators and are having a hard time getting Noctua NF A12x15, Arctic now has P12 in 15mm thickness.
awesome find friend! still can't find it in Arctic product catalogue page though, only available through direct link that you've shared 🤣

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
@eedev - any chance you’re willing share the file?

I might but I'm going to be honest right now, it depends on a few things:
  • I might need people to group buy with me in order to lower the fabrication costs if I want one in aluminum. I have looked and some sites ask like 180€ for the alu. panel only, 1 piece, and then for more pieces they lower the price. If I release it now and everyone goes their way, I loose the potential chance to make/get one for cheaper...
  • I don't want to get in the way of W360 if he wants to sell similar products this year for the T1 Classic.
  • Most important, I need to finish it first and get at least a plastic prototype printed (because it's a passion project) !

I'm currently designing the reservoir...
Give me some time to figure things out!

Also, did you look at tysonchar's work ? He printed his reservoir-panel !!!

Last edited:

EndingCredits

Caliper Novice
Dec 17, 2020
Put an order in at SCAN. No idea when they'll get them in, but at ÂŁ6 a pop it's hard to pass up.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I really want to know what the noise on these is going to be like. The Noctuas get annoyingly whiney at anything above 1200rpm, about 50% PWM, so if the Arctic fans aren't as whiney and offer similar or better performance, then I can see them becoming very popular, and I might even switch my slim noctuas for them. But I'll wait to see if they are actually good or not before I do that

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
I really want to know what the noise on these is going to be like. The Noctuas get annoyingly whiney at anything above 1200rpm, about 50% PWM, so if the Arctic fans aren't as whiney and offer similar or better performance, then I can see them becoming very popular, and I might even switch my slim noctuas for them. But I'll wait to see if they are actually good or not before I do that
Prolimatech ultra 120 slims are good too - I used those in some of my other builds.

zz492

Chassis Packer
Dec 11, 2020
Has anyone tested the cooling performance of the HJ 17mm slim radiator + 2* Noctua a12x25 vs Ek SE 240 radiator (or other slim rad around 28mm)+ 2* Noctua a12x15?
I wonder if thick fans would result in a lower temp?

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Looks pretty promising if this review is accurate: https://www.ocinside.de/test/arctic_p12_slim_pwm_pst_d/5/

Same level of noise at 1356 rpm as regular P12 at 1056 rpm while being just 1 C worse.

Has anyone tested the cooling performance of the HJ 17mm slim radiator + 2* Noctua a12x25 vs Ek SE 240 radiator (or other slim rad around 28mm)+ 2* Noctua a12x15?
I wonder if thick fans would result in a lower temp?
Can’t say about that particular comparison. But you should use three A12x15 (or two A12x15 plus one A12x25 if possible) on EK SE 240 (or even better, TX240 because that is thinner and more performant, and you can elevate it off the strut to create more breathing room for your fans) and that will be better than 2x A12x25 on HJ. HJ doesn’t allow you to fit the third fan unless you position the ports towards the rear end of the case.

ten13th

Trash Compacter
Aug 5, 2020
Looks pretty promising if this review is accurate: https://www.ocinside.de/test/arctic_p12_slim_pwm_pst_d/5/

Same level of noise at 1356 rpm as regular P12 at 1056 rpm while being just 1 C worse.

Can’t say about that particular comparison. But you should use three A12x15 (or two A12x15 plus one A12x25 if possible) on EK SE 240 (or even better, TX240 because that is thinner and more performant, and you can elevate it off the strut to create more breathing room for your fans) and that will be better than 2x A12x25 on HJ. HJ doesn’t allow you to fit the third fan unless you position the ports towards the rear end of the case.
What type of spacers do you use for elevation adjustment?

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
awesome find friend! still can't find it in Arctic product catalogue page though, only available through direct link that you've shared 🤣
You can go to the case fans page and sort it by newest first. The P12 Slim PWM PST should be a few fans below.

There is also an A-RGB regular P12 now, the first Arctic RGB fan. Links below:

Product page:
Amazon single-fan link:

Amazon 3-pack link:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
You can go to the case fans page and sort it by newest first. The P12 Slim PWM PST should be a few fans below.

There is also an A-RGB regular P12 now, the first Arctic RGB fan. Links below:

Product page:
Amazon single-fan link:

Amazon 3-pack link:
Also the Bionic p120 line comes in many different colorways, appears to use the same blades as P12, AND has a higher RPM.