Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Is there any way to mod a ST30 and its 5-7mm shroud in each side to fit at the top? The shroud seems easy enough to cut, but the thickest parts of the end tanks are also almost as thick as the shroud. Is sanding a 12x15 noctua sufficient? I couldn't find any examples on the web other than OptimumTech's first iteration.

For reference:
just sand A12x15 down by 2mm and you're set

Reactions: cennis

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Is there any way to mod a ST30 and its 5-7mm shroud in each side to fit at the top? The shroud seems easy enough to cut, but the thickest parts of the end tanks are also almost as thick as the shroud. Is sanding a 12x15 noctua sufficient? I couldn't find any examples on the web other than OptimumTech's first iteration.

For reference:

I will go with "XSPC EX240 multiport"
those 15mm fans are very weak and useless.
one " Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM" should be enough,
plus a few fans outside the case.

cennis

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2020
I will go with...plus a few fans outside the case.

I want to try to keep everything within the case for now. At 30mm I might be able to use two 12x15 and one 12X25, which should outperform a 35.5mm rad with a single 12x25 fan.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Could compatibility with the Raijintek Morpheus be back on the table with v2.0?

Not making big changes to the dimensions.

I have shorter standoffs in two sizes.
4 standoffs with 8mm height - if I use them, the rear IO does not fit with the IO shield of the motherboard. And additionally I can't even screw them in completely where the PCIE riser is mounted on the other side of the strut, because the threaded part of the standoff is too long.
2 standoffs with 6mm height. I think they are meant to be used as motherboard standoffs. I don't have the two problems above with them. But again there are only 2 standoffs included, not 4.

Quantity is off, email support, you should have received 4x 6mm standoff and 2x 8mm standoff

I've finally figured out why the Aquanaut doesn't fit in my case. The side panels are bend! I've tried the one from the other side and with that one, everything fits without a problem!
Sucks that the other side is bend but at least I've figured out the cause of my problem before I started grinding on the heatsink. Which was actually set for later today.

Email support and send some photos (<1MB) as attachments

I am really desperate to hear any news about the progress on the front panels, the one with usb and the distro plate. Still haven't started building my water-cooling yet. Maybe I should wait for the distro?

Nothing is happening on that front until USB 4.0 comes standard on motherboard header, so 2022Q4 or 2023

Reactions: ellroy80

matique

Caliper Novice
Oct 28, 2020
I've been lurking here for awhile, but have completed my build for awhile. Here's the CPU side:

And here's the GPU side:

Temps:

Specs:
AMD 5600x
Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
Corsair LPX 3800mhz 15-19-12-36
Corsair MP600 2TB
Corsair MP510 2TB
Corsair SF750
ASUS Strix 2080ti
Noctua A12x15 x2
Noctua A12x25 x1

WC Parts:
Magicool G2 Slim 240
Aquanaut w/ EK DDC 3.2 PWM
Alphacool 13/10 tpv tubing
Alphacool 13/10 tpv fitting x8
Barrow 90 degree fitting x4
Barrow 2080ti waterblock
Barrow multi-port gpu terminal
Barrow QDC
Barrow plug temp sensor
Aquacomputer Quadro

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Don't hold your breath! V2.0 is coming and I bet all accessory plans are being reevaluated or redone.

with everything merges into v2, the current T1 v1.1 is being discontinued, that means we won't be able to find replacement parts in the future? like if i scratch my front panel and want to order a new panel, i won't be able to?

When are you going to sell the side panel?

We need all of our capacity to switch to V2.0.

That also means we don't have plans to make extra V1.1 parts. It is just low priority and we literally have no machine time available right now. Machine time and anodizing is insane right now because material prices are expeceted to be even higher, so others are buying machine time now and getting products made just to avoid more price increase, this has made production even more scarce.

So if you need to sell your T1 V1.1 now during the shortage, I don't blame you.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I want to try to keep everything within the case for now. At 30mm I might be able to use two 12x15 and one 12X25, which should outperform a 35.5mm rad with a single 12x25 fan.
Since you are doing a 3rd A12x25 fan, you could forego the A12x15 and go with Scythe 12mm fan and lose only 0.5C on coolant temp. I've tested that before so just look up one of my previous posts in this thread.

Reactions: JDuval

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hi @Wahaha360,

I had paid SGD$424.17 for the E-White when I placed my order initially, however as the production was cancelled I am only being refunded a total of SGD$385.05. I have lost almost $40 on a product I did not receive. I do not intend to purchase the upcoming version either. Will I be refunded for the difference?

I had ordered E-White to be delivered on the first week of December, however due to the QC issues, we are forced to either switch colours or cancel the order. I have chosen to cancel the order and will NOT buy the V2 as these delays are terribly unbearable. That being said, I'm asking for the compensation for the differences in the exchange rate now as I have lost $40 on a product that I will never receive.

I have double checked my account as of right now and I have yet to receive any compensation for the difference in the exchange rate. @Wahaha360

Our payment platform, Shopify, refunds 100% of the payment back to the original method of payment. We *only accept USD and *only refund in USD.

If you cancelled V1.1 and don't want V2.0, it's outside of the scope of what we can cover. In our Terms & Condition:
All payments must be made through the Website and in United States dollars. Please note that you will be charged for the Items once the pre-order is placed, as this will secure the Items for you. All refunds are processed in United States dollars, and are done irrespective of any changes to foreign exchange rates or fees from the date of purchase.

clementj

Efficiency Noob
Apr 23, 2020
Hi @Wahaha360 !

happy good year !
Can you update us on the situation ? Does the new factory is good ? Does the fabrication has started again ?

thanks for all you are doing for this community!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Checking the various graphs, I notice:-
a. both M.2 SSDs have relatively higher temp. I suppose the 47C is for the M.2 SSD on motherboard top while the 58C is for the one on the back. High temps is likely due to a lack of airflow over them. When you do benchmarking on them (especially the rear one), does it trigger thermal throttle? Any place to put a little 40mm fan to give a little bit ventilation?

b. it is interesting that the ambient temp, sort of, decreases over the 15-minute period. I would expect the nearby ambient temp to increase slightly due to heat exhausted out of the case. May I ask, where is this ambient sensor located?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@Wahaha360 happy new year man! just a couple of questions:
  1. Is multiple layout support still included for v2.0? I recalled you mentioned it in the P1 thread, if yes, what GPU thickness will be supported?
  2. Will the custom AIO / radiator be available for order at the same time as v2.0? wouldn't want it to be dropped on the way side like other accessories

jouz

Trash Compacter
Oct 9, 2020
a. both M.2 SSDs have relatively higher temp. I suppose the 47C is for the M.2 SSD on motherboard top while the 58C is for the one on the back. High temps is likely due to a lack of airflow over them.

This is normal operating temp for the M.2's actually. I hear people often say that they actually perform better when warmer (but I don't have a good source on that). On another note, for me (with the same mainboard), the front SSD is warmer than the back one, independently of usage. I think it's due to the VRM dumping a lot of heat into that heatsink above the top M.2.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hi @Wahaha360 !

happy good year !
Can you update us on the situation ? Does the new factory is good ? Does the fabrication has started again ?

thanks for all you are doing for this community!

Typically, metalwork and anodizing must be handled by the same manufacturer, or else when something goes wrong, they will just blame each other and nothing gets solved.

With this info in mind, anodizing has always been an expensive pain in the a$$, now it's an *insanely expensive pain in the a$$.

To make it worse, even if one accepts the price increase, capacity is scarce at the moment.

matique

Caliper Novice
Oct 28, 2020
a. both M.2 SSDs have relatively higher temp. I suppose the 47C is for the M.2 SSD on motherboard top while the 58C is for the one on the back. High temps is likely due to a lack of airflow over them. When you do benchmarking on them (especially the rear one), does it trigger thermal throttle? Any place to put a little 40mm fan to give a little bit ventilation?

b. it is interesting that the ambient temp, sort of, decreases over the 15-minute period. I would expect the nearby ambient temp to increase slightly due to heat exhausted out of the case. May I ask, where is this ambient sensor located?
a. yep 47C is for the front, and it's a gen 4 so it will run slightly hotter. This was benchmark during gaming and my games are on rear m.2 so maybe that's why. It never crosses 65C from what i can tell.

b. Currently singapore is experiencing a slight monsoon season so the lowering of temps is probably just cold air coming into my room. I'll try to get a more consistent ambient by closing my windows and using the AC to set a constant. Ambient sensor is by the rear of the case.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 happy new year man! just a couple of questions:
  1. Is multiple layout support still included for v2.0? I recalled you mentioned it in the P1 thread, if yes, what GPU thickness will be supported?
  2. Will the custom AIO / radiator be available for order at the same time as v2.0? wouldn't want it to be dropped on the way side like other accessories

AIO is super high priority.

T1 V2.0 needs to cool better than both M1 (dual 240) and Meshlicious (280), so it's important.

Last edited:

matique

Caliper Novice
Oct 28, 2020

T1 V2.0 needs to cool both M1 (dual 240) and Meshlicious (280), so it's important.

What do you mean it needs to cool the M1 & meshlicious? Do you mean cool as well as them or...?

Also, apologies if i missed it, but is your cpu pump block thing still going ahead as planned? Because if it is, i hope you manage to partner with a OEM that does fins well (large area, thin & dense fins), forward flow, jetplate if forward flow.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
What do you mean it needs to cool the M1 & meshlicious? Do you mean cool as well as them or...?

Also, apologies if i missed it, but is your cpu pump block thing still going ahead as planned? Because if it is, i hope you manage to partner with a OEM that does fins well (large area, thin & dense fins), forward flow, jetplate if forward flow.

Just fixed it, too many msgs 😅

I want T1 V2.0 to move the needle on cooling, compare to both M1 and Meshlicious so the AIO for T1 is quite important.

CPU block is lower on priority, because using existing pump block solutions like EK will speed up availability.

clementj

Efficiency Noob
Apr 23, 2020

T1 V2.0 needs to cool both M1 (dual 240) and Meshlicious (280), so it's important.
How it’s possible to that the v2 will have to same cooling potential of m1 or meshlicious without size increase ? :D

Typically, metalwork and anodizing must be handled by the same manufacturer, or else when something goes wrong, they will just blame each other and nothing gets solved.

With this info in mind, anodizing has always been an expensive pain in the a$$, now it's an *insanely expensive pain in the a$$.

To make it worse, even if one accepts the price increase, capacity is scarce at the moment.
thank for this ! So it’s still complicated :/ hope it will be good soon !