Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I'd love to see them. It's weird that the three of you are able to install it without bulge while it won't fit mine with identical parts.
Just looked at the pics... Thanks for the help.
Looks like it sticks out beyond the case so that's confusing. Mine does too, and I have bulge because of it.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Sure, but when the V1.1 ships, it's no longer an option for some of us to wait and see. That's why we're asking you if for more information to make a good decision about whether to stick with V1.1 or get in the queue for V2.0.

That was bad phrasing, cancel, wait and see.

People who cancelled due to issues on our end will qualify for *one time priority on future batch. We have your order history in our system to verify. The way we like to handle priority is an email invite to priority customers for a private sale *before units are open to public. That is our current thinking, but we can't make promises without product, so no promises.

Regarding cancellation of payment, we can't rollover V1.1 payment to V2.0. For our payment processor, a future product without photo, without shipping date is indistinguishable from scam, and we don't want anything to do with that.

If some % of the refund amount is lost due to exchange rate and or fees, keep the evidence and we will refund you for this loss when you place the next order.

We really messed up and pissed off a lot of customers, and really hated sending out those emails. Going forward, the only way to win customers back is with better product (V2.0) and better availability (shipping on time). So V2.0 has to be good. Knowing what's at stake with 2.0, I obviously recommend you cancel and just wait for V2.0, it's the safer bet because you have priority anyways.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Anyone get refunds yet? I was wondering if they would be willing to just send the refund back as USD in paypal. As a Canadian, getting a refund back in my original payment (credit card based on CAD) would mean I would get dinged twice for foreign transaction fees plus the decline in the USD/CAD exchange rate and lose a significant amount of money.

If they would be willing to do this then it would be a lot easier to handle waiting for the V2.0 by just paying the difference between the V1.1 and V2.0, otherwise I will probably just end up keeping my spot for the V1.1.

Effectively, we had a scam problem with refunding people via PayPal. If we make any refund via PayPal, the customer can still issue a full chargeback on the credit card, and we will have to refund the full amount via Shopify, so whatever amount we refunded on PayPal is effectively lost.

To protect us from scams, as a policy, we stopped refunds outside of Shopify.

Like I mentioned in the prior post, if some % of the refund amount is lost due to exchange rate and or fees, keep the evidence and we will refund you for this loss when you place the next order.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
So far I recevied a refund on the difference from E-White to Black and and I got an exchange of $50 USD to $62.15 CAD. So calculating that out to the full cost, for an E-White case + shipping I'd be losing about $27 CAD on exchange. Not terrible, but also not preferable...

If some % of the refund amount is lost due to exchange rate and or fees, keep the evidence and we will refund you for this loss when you place the next order.

aznreaper

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 14, 2020
Effectively, we had a scam problem with refunding people via PayPal. If we make any refund via PayPal, the customer can still issue a full chargeback on the credit card, and we will have to refund the full amount via Shopify, so whatever amount we refunded on PayPal is effectively lost.

To protect us from scams, as a policy, we stopped refunds outside of Shopify.

Like I mentioned in the prior post, if some % of the refund amount is lost due to exchange rate and or fees, keep the evidence and we will refund you for this loss when you place the next order.
Awesome, I'm happy to hear this. I understand that you don't want to hold our money due to potential delays and issues in protecting us from it being a scam, but was just hoping that there would be a way to minimize the losses for both sides.

With the confidence that you have for V2.0 being a significant improvement over V1.1, I'll confirm that I will like the refund then. Thanks for the quick reply Wahaha, and I'll be eagerly awaiting news for V2.0.

gloriousforever

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 22, 2020
That was bad phrasing, cancel, wait and see.

People who cancelled due to issues on our end will qualify for *one time priority on future batch. We have your order history in our system to verify. The way we like to handle priority is an email invite to priority customers for a private sale *before units are open to public. That is our current thinking, but we can't make promises without product, so no promises.

Regarding cancellation of payment, we can't rollover V1.1 payment to V2.0. For our payment processor, a future product without photo, without shipping date is indistinguishable from scam, and we don't want anything to do with that.

We really messed up and pissed off a lot of customers, and really hated sending out those emails. Going forward, the only way to win customers back is with better product (V2.0) and better availability (shipping on time). So V2.0 has to be good. Knowing what's at stake with 2.0, I obviously recommend you cancel and just wait for V2.0, it's the safer bet because you have priority anyways.
Thanks for the constant communication and keeping us updated.

I already changed my order from my original color to a different color, due to the deadline of Dec 22 imposed on us. If more news of v2.0 comes out, will we have the option of cancelling our order to get priority queue on v2.0?

From my perspective, and probably from many others, as there is very little info on v2.0: what colors it will have, pricing, release date etc. The only safe bet right now is to keep a v1.1 order, a product that is already known well by the community and has a pricing that is known. For example, I might be willing to pay 100 dollars extra for the potential vertical compatibility (not counting the stand), for the 2.5/2.75 slot support, added cost for the gen 4 riser, but i might not be able to justify paying, for example, 150 more.

In addition, considering that many of us already have all the inner components prepared for the system from black friday sales, etc, having our components sitting out in the open just isn't a long term solution. With a delivery date that is unknown (and with all the delays of orders of the past few months, something that I doubt many will have confidence in even if it is known), a pricing that is unknown, and product changes that have not yet finalized, and then forcing us to make a decision within 3 days while the case is experiencing delays of multiple months, it just feels rather unreasonable.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Is there any info if there will be upgrade kits for v1.1 cases to v2.0?

Most likely have to break compatibility from V1.1 to V2.0 to increase yield.

T1 was originally designed to be a *one off side project, so it was never meant to be produced in scale. All the problems we are seeing are reflective of a design for prototyping, not production.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Thanks for the constant communication and keeping us updated.

I already changed my order from my original color to a different color, due to the deadline of Dec 22 imposed on us. If more news of v2.0 comes out, will we have the option of cancelling our order to get priority queue on v2.0?

From my perspective, and probably from many others, as there is very little info on v2.0: what colors it will have, pricing, release date etc. The only safe bet right now is to keep a v1.1 order, a product that is already known well by the community and has a pricing that is known. For example, I might be willing to pay 100 dollars extra for the potential vertical compatibility (not counting the stand), for the 2.5/2.75 slot support, added cost for the gen 4 riser, but i might not be able to justify paying, for example, 150 more.

In addition, considering that many of us already have all the inner components prepared for the system from black friday sales, etc, having our components sitting out in the open just isn't a long term solution. With a delivery date that is unknown (and with all the delays of orders of the past few months, something that I doubt many will have confidence in even if it is known), a pricing that is unknown, and product changes that have not yet finalized, and then forcing us to make a decision within 3 days while the case is experiencing delays of multiple months, it just feels rather unreasonable.

I understand your argument, but I think it's missing the context *switching color is one of the options.

If you V2.0 seems too vague, then switching to a color we can produce will work.

For people not in a hurry, then V2.0 is the better choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Anybody here with a Nouvolo in 3 slot mode here?
Mine doesn't fit somehow with ek 3.2pwm and heatsink

I have the ek 3.2pwm with the ek heatsink and it fits in my build, albeit with the heatsink touching the side panel. So extremely tight tolerances. If it wasn't able to fit, I'd just install without a heatsink. Using the aquanaut software, I see it never draws more than a few watts as under load I only ramp up to 2800rpm and the heatsink isn't even remotely warm.

Reactions: PKAWA

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Most likely have to break compatibility from V1.1 to V2.0 to increase yield.

Keep in T1 was designed to be a *one off side project, so it was never meant to be produced in scale. All the problems we are seeing are reflective of a design for prototyping, not production.
thank you for the honest sharing! I think everyone can agree how the T1 has exploded on to the scene and it's probably beyond your wildest imagination when the T1 was conceived. keep going at it and I think the T1 will have the enduring longevity as the A4 or M1 👏👏👏

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Anybody here with a Nouvolo in 3 slot mode here?
Mine doesn't fit somehow with ek 3.2pwm and heatsink

I have the ek 3.2pwm with the ek heatsink and it fits in my build, albeit with the heatsink touching the side panel. So extremely tight tolerances. If it wasn't able to fit, I'd just install without a heatsink. Using the aquanaut software, I see it never draws more than a few watts as under load I only ramp up to 2800rpm and the heatsink isn't even remotely warm.
I used to have the Aquanaut with Bitspower DDC (integrated heatsink) in 3 slot mode and it would extend past the side by ~2-3mm because the heatsink itself was almost 10mm tall. So I had a 5mm acrylic 'plate' made to replace the heatsink and just slapped it on the pump with the stock thermal pad. Everything worked fine for a couple of months as my pump never goes past 2500RPM anyway.

@PKAWA My suggestion is to laser cut a piece of aluminium (1-2mm thick) with correct screw hole spacing and just slap it on. The heatsink is not critical IMO

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
Anyone get refunds yet? I was wondering if they would be willing to just send the refund back as USD in paypal. As a Canadian, getting a refund back in my original payment (credit card based on CAD) would mean I would get dinged twice for foreign transaction fees plus the decline in the USD/CAD exchange rate and lose a significant amount of money.

If they would be willing to do this then it would be a lot easier to handle waiting for the V2.0 by just paying the difference between the V1.1 and V2.0, otherwise I will probably just end up keeping my spot for the V1.1.

I got my money back via VISA. For me the difference is 8€, so negligible.

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
I used to have the Aquanaut with Bitspower DDC (integrated heatsink) in 3 slot mode and it would extend past the side by ~2-3mm because the heatsink itself was almost 10mm tall. So I had a 5mm acrylic 'plate' made to replace the heatsink and just slapped it on the pump with the stock thermal pad. Everything worked fine for a couple of months as my pump never goes past 2500RPM anyway.

@PKAWA My suggestion is to laser cut a piece of aluminium (1-2mm thick) with correct screw hole spacing and just slap it on. The heatsink is not critical IMO
Say @thelaughingman, weren't you using the TaoBao monoblock for the Aorus x570 I Pro WiFi? If so, didn't that work out?

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020

By the look of it I just need to grind down the fins of the heatsink by 1,5mm and then it will fit.
So I guess I'll do that because I like the look with the heatsink on it.
It's just that I can't figure out why I'm stuck with a non fitting setup while a few other people report no problems with identical setups.
I don't want to grind down the heatsink to later find out that I've done something wrong.