Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Sorry if this has been covered.

What's the consensus on PCIE 4.0 capable risers? I know the 3m one is supposed to have the bandwidth, but does it actually handshake as pcie 4.0?

I'd really rather not have to take the 3090 out and replace it with my old PCIE 3.0 card every time I clear CMOS.... 😢

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Can't help you with the 3m riser.
As far as i know the linkup should work fine, but I've personally decided to hold out for the one from Formd because I think the price can't be justified and there's prob no added value yet.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020

What's the consensus on PCIE 4.0 capable risers? I know the 3m one is supposed to have the bandwidth, but does it actually handshake as pcie 4.0?

I'd really rather not have to take the 3090 out and replace it with my old PCIE 3.0 card every time I clear CMOS.... 😢
I haven't tried this myself but OT said in his video that you can uninstall graphics drivers prior to updating BIOS.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018

I believe the risers are completely passive devices. Their bandwidth capability is a matter of wire quality and length tolerance. Any handshaking is performed by the motherboard and expansion card components only.

TLDR; the 3M riser has better electrical specs.

Reactions: SashaLag

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
While we're on the topic, anyone know how well the louqe 4.0 riser works? It's on preorder on amazon rn so i'd like to get in on that if it works well.

apparently the linkup riser isn't so great but i'd rather not buy one now and have to replace it later when risers are better.

if we had a ranking of 3m louqe and linkup that would be cool.

edit: or i guess i could just deal with the 3.0 quirkyness until risers are worth it lol. thats probably the better option.

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
What’s the issue with linkup riser? I’ve had many and they all performed well in the past.

NM.. click Ned on the link. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
While we're on the topic, anyone know how well the louqe 4.0 riser works? It's on preorder on amazon rn so i'd like to get in on that if it works well.

apparently the linkup riser isn't so great but i'd rather not buy one now and have to replace it later when risers are better.

if we had a ranking of 3m louqe and linkup that would be cool.

edit: or i guess i could just deal with the 3.0 quirkyness until risers are worth it lol. thats probably the better option.

None of these risers are cheap, if you going to spend the money, why not stick to 3M when you know it just works.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
None of these risers are cheap, if you going to spend the money, why not stick to 3M when you know it just works.

does the 3m not have the same performance issues as the linkup riser?

its only a couple percent but if i'm buying a new card i'm gonna use the whole card dammit

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
Oh interesting, thanks. Hopefully someone else can chime in soon. :)
Check out this Legend’s detailed post on reddit (check the graph way down the bottom). I think adding the noctua A12x25 underneath makes a pretty significant difference. In Matt’s testing he targeted a 31C water temp with 20C ambient. With just 2 slim fans he had to run them at 1300RPM, with an extra noctua 25mm he could run them at 950RPM instead. Guesstimating I reckon that’s a 2-5C different in water temps when running at the same RPM. The A12x25 is just such a beast. Keep in mind his slim testing was done in pull, so you *might* get 1C gains on push.

I have 2 slims + noctua a12x25 on my tx240 and it keeps my 5700xt and 9700k well in check (~55C max with 22C ambient) at fairly quiet fan speeds (~1200RPM). With more powerful components expect higher temps.

Reactions: hetvler

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Check out this Legend’s detailed post on reddit (check the graph way down the bottom). I think adding the noctua A12x25 underneath makes a pretty significant difference. In Matt’s testing he targeted a 31C water temp with 20C ambient. With just 2 slim fans he had to run them at 1300RPM, with an extra noctua 25mm he could run them at 950RPM instead. Guesstimating I reckon that’s a 2-5C different in water temps when running at the same RPM. The A12x25 is just such a beast. Keep in mind his slim testing was done in pull, so you *might* get 1C gains on push.

I have 2 slims + noctua a12x25 on my tx240 and it keeps my 5700xt and 9700k well in check (~55C max with 22C ambient) at fairly quiet fan speeds (~1200RPM). With more powerful components expect higher temps.
Perfect, thank you.

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
Long time lurker here anxiously waiting for my E-White T1 to arrive to go with a 5800X, 3080 FE, 16GB of Corsair 3600 C14 RAM, a PCIe 4.0 NVMe M2 drive, and a EK 240 AIO.

My case is part of the Dec 1-4 batch, however seems not to have been shipped yet. Any word on the shipping status?