Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ponster

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2020
very interesting! so was the 2.4mm entirely on the intake side or that includes the exhaust side as well? the way I did it was with a CNC machine, don't think I would risk it on the exhaust side since it may affect structural integrity and the knife blade may hit the hub/motor inadvertently. glad it works out for you!
Thanks! The majority was on the intake side. Once the sticker is removed from the exhaust side, I noticed that the metal bearing was situated below the frame just a tiny bit, so I sanded it off until I reached it (which was very minimal), and then placed the sticker back on. I only did this for the fan on the IO side but not for the fan on the PSU side.

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
Thanks! The majority was on the intake side. Once the sticker is removed from the exhaust side, I noticed that the metal bearing was situated below the frame just a tiny bit, so I sanded it off until I reached it (which was very minimal), and then placed the sticker back on. I only did this for the fan on the IO side but not for the fan on the PSU side.

I love this! What do you use for sanding? Do you have a build log?
I hope you can update us later with temperatures on benchmarks!

yuzhongliang22

Efficiency Noob
Nov 30, 2020
Wondering which mobo should i buy to match my 5900x...
Since OT said there's something wrong about asus b550i and x570i, i'm still comparing gigabyte b550i and msi b550i mobo

having any ideas😅

btw, my case arrived 2 weeks ago and it looks so good
i'm building a 5900x+3080 system, if i can get a 3080 tuf

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Since OT said there's something wrong about asus b550i and x570i, i'm still comparing gigabyte b550i and msi b550i mobo

having any ideas😅

aorus mobo is well loved

Reactions: DrHudacris

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019

having any ideas😅

aorus mobo is well loved

idk what to believe anymore.

but also @yuzhongliang22, what is wrong with the aorus? I have it and you have me worried lol.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
idk what to believe anymore.

but also @yuzhongliang22, what is wrong with the aorus? I have it and you have me worried lol.
I bought the Asus X570-I. After a bios update everything will be fine, I'm sure of it. They won't want to have this hanging over them when the 570 should be the best board for the 5000 series. It's a new product and stuf like this will be ironed out.

Reactions: yuzhongliang22

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
I bought the Asus X570-I. After a bios update everything will be fine, I'm sure of it. They won't want to have this hanging over them when the 570 should be the best board for the 5000 series. It's a new product and stuf like this will be ironed out.
Yes but whats the actual issue haha.

Also while we're here, this is my first build in a long time so which of these do I need to install? Bios obviously. Should I do everything in the driver section as well? What about utilities? Can I pick and choose?

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Somehow the only FE card I successfully bought was a 3090. So now I'm just considering just using it. If I can get my hands on a 6900XT or a 3080 ti, I think I can sell the 3090 FE at cost. Given the scarcity, I think it's a safe bet.

Same situation here, but I've made my peace with the shitty dollars-per-frames and just put the 3090 FE in our T1. I'm kind of in love with the concept of maximum physical GPU in the chamber, and it does okay at stock if a bit noisy. Nothing a bit of an undervolt and some judicious Quadro monitoring and tweaks couldn't fix, though. (Converting from two to three slot was an odyssey unto itself. Nothing but praise for the Aquanaut!)

I'll pray to the silicon gods on everyone's behalf, and would love to see some 6900XT performance in thread!

But... Huda... DO IT BROTHER! DO IT!

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Spent sometime sanding today, and I just want to report that I was able to sand down the both NF-A12x25 fans to fit on top of the TX240, and still able to spin. Also had to flip the radiator bracket down to save another 1mm.

The one toward the IO shield has to be 0.89in (22.6mm) or less, while the one on the PSU side can be slightly thicker 0.90in - 0.91in (~23mm), but best to keep both the same size if you don't any bulges.
That is absolutely amazing. Should room to mount a third fan too depending on the rest of the build. That is alot of cooling considering the TX240 is a top performer. Dare I say this could potentially be the optimal single 240mm setup even before adding a third fan? thats before we consider its a dual 240mm build.

BTW. I know you sanded the fans frame to be level with the fan. But what if you took it further and had the fan protruding? since there is some gap between rad core and mounting the fan could rest in this gap. That would gain another couple mm for sure. Of course it would ruin the fan for anything but pull config.

I wonder if that would result in poorer airflow because the fan wouldnt be entirely enclosed.

Last edited:

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Spent sometime sanding today, and I just want to report that I was able to sand down the both NF-A12x25 fans to fit on top of the TX240, and still able to spin. Also had to flip the radiator bracket down to save another 1mm.

The one toward the IO shield has to be 0.89in (22.6mm) or less, while the one on the PSU side can be slightly thicker 0.90in - 0.91in (~23mm), but best to keep both the same size if you don't any bulges.
Finally!! Now I just need to wait for the chromax version.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Is this the Gunmetal T1?
No, silver.
You can see gunmetal here:

Reactions: DrHudacris

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
Hi everyone,

Anyone with an aircooled 3090 in this case? I'm a bit scared of the backside VRAM temp considering there is no airflow at all there.

SushiRoll

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 30, 2020
Hi everyone,

Anyone with an aircooled 3090 in this case? I'm a bit scared of the backside VRAM temp considering there is no airflow at all there.

I'm running a TUF 3090 in mine. I haven't measured the VRAM temps, but the card has 0 issues in the case. The m.2 on the back is my only temp concern as it does sit around 65c (960 EVO) during gaming.

I am running the card at 1995MHz @ 950mv - the card itself runs cool, tops out at 66c during gaming.

Reactions: DrHudacris and Nero