Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

nice_big_cup_of_stfu

Caliper Novice
Nov 24, 2020
Is anyone experiencing the same issues as OT did in his T1 & M1?

Namely talking about the CPU issues he's experienced with the Asus X570-I and B550-I boards paired with Zen 3 5900X and 5950X CPUs - on two separate videos now he's experienced boost clock issues and given up on using those boards with those CPUs, without further elaboration.

So I am almost certain that I have this exact issue. I have a 5600X and B550I ROG Strix in a Dan A4 with a NH-L9A w/ fan duct.

On completely stock settings, I get single core speeds up to 4.65GHz and my benches for single core are in line with reviews, albeit up to 68-72C.

However, when I do multithreaded benchmarks, my boost clocks only go up to about 4.15 GHz and my temperatures max out at about 75-80C.

I consistently end up with scores that are about 10% lower than what most people are getting with stock settings on the same CPU

Moreover, while using Ryzen Master, it shows my PPT limits are set to 76W, not 88W, as you would expect for an AMD 65W CPU. It seems like there are all sorts of issues with it hitting power draw limits with plenty of thermal headroom and not boosting clocks any further up where they are supposed to be

Also, with these CPUs supposed to go up to 90 or 95C, ASUS Really needs to fix their fan control which requires fans to go up to 100% the second you cross 75C.

I would not be surprised if their bios is all sorts of jacked up for Zen 3

• Sad
Reactions: JDK

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
So I am almost certain that I have this exact issue. I have a 5600X and B550I ROG Strix in a Dan A4 with a NH-L9A w/ fan duct.

On completely stock settings, I get single core speeds up to 4.65GHz and my benches for single core are in line with reviews, albeit up to 68-72C.

However, when I do multithreaded benchmarks, my boost clocks only go up to about 4.15 GHz and my temperatures max out at about 75-80C.

I consistently end up with scores that are about 10% lower than what most people are getting with stock settings on the same CPU

Moreover, while using Ryzen Master, it shows my PPT limits are set to 76W, not 88W, as you would expect for an AMD 65W CPU. It seems like there are all sorts of issues with it hitting power draw limits with plenty of thermal headroom and not boosting clocks any further up where they are supposed to be

Also, with these CPUs supposed to go up to 90 or 95C, ASUS Really needs to fix their fan control which requires fans to go up to 100% the second you cross 75C.

I would not be surprised if their bios is all sorts of jacked up for Zen 3
Might be a different issue from mine as I'm getting low single core scores.
But did you try the workaround I posted above? In AI Suite switch to Power Saving then back to Performance.

BurningOC

Chassis Packer
Oct 12, 2020
Hey guys I just wanted to ask if anyone fit a RTX 3080 EVGA FTW3 UlTRA Gaming in the T1 ?
Also I would like to know if anyone fit a EK 240 AIO?

• Sad
Reactions: PKAWA

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Hey guys I just wanted to ask if anyone fit a RTX 3080 EVGA FTW3 UlTRA Gaming in the T1 ?
Also I would like to know if anyone fit a EK 240 AIO?
Yep a couple people have for the ftw3. This is the one that topped my google search.

Ek aio is well documented. Heaps of builds with them. I built one for my brother last weekend.

BurningOC

Chassis Packer
Oct 12, 2020
Yep a couple people have for the ftw3. This is the one that topped my google search.

Ek aio is well documented. Heaps of builds with them. I built one for my brother last weekend.
Thanks for your quick reply! Problem is that this post shows only the GPU with NO Power Cables attached to it. I know that the Gpu fits according to its dimensions but I dont know if there is enough space for the PCIE power cables. Do you know anyone who has a complete build with this gpu?

nice_big_cup_of_stfu

Caliper Novice
Nov 24, 2020
Might be a different issue from mine as I'm getting low single core scores.
But did you try the workaround I posted above? In AI Suite switch to Power Saving then back to Performance.
I am not running AI Suite. I'll have as to check it out.

I am convinced I have what Ali at OT had. 10% lower all core clocks despite high-power draw

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Thanks for your quick reply! Problem is that this post shows only the GPU with NO Power Cables attached to it. I know that the Gpu fits according to its dimensions but I dont know if there is enough space for the PCIE power cables. Do you know anyone who has a complete build with this gpu?
There has been a build where someone has fit this GPU in the case with power connectors and everything. You just need to build the case around the GPU, and you might also need to cut away some of the plastic on the power connectors on the GPU end to make them fit better, but this isn't necessary. But if you can, I'd go with a TUF model from ASUS. They are quieter and cooler, and will fit a lot better.

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020

Well that was stressfull.

2-slot to 3 slot without dismantling the loop. 🥵

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020

My 3080 Ti plans are cancelled, will be water-cooling this baby instead.

I figured since in about a year I'm going to upgrade to Hopper/RDNA 3 if they bring huge perf-per-watt improvements as rumored, I'd rather enjoy a good card I got lucky to buy for MSRP a few months longer.

Last edited:

jouz

Trash Compacter
Oct 9, 2020
Started my T1 build log here:

Still waiting for the case itself though, but got almost all other components in.
Going for single rad full custom loop with a 3080 - did some first tests on an open test-bench and I'm pretty confident it will work out just fine🤞, got lucky as my 3080 undervolts well enough.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020

My 3080 Ti plans are cancelled, will be water-cooling this baby instead.

I figured since in about a year I'm going to upgrade to Hopper/RDNA 3 if they bring huge perf-per-watt improvements as rumored, I'd rather enjoy a good card I got lucky to buy for MSRP a few months longer.

Isn't the TI rumored to release in just a month or so though?

Not denying you'll still have a plenty fast system, but I guess we'll see.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Isn't the TI rumored to release in just a month or so though?

Not denying you'll still have a plenty fast system, but I guess we'll see.

Somehow the only FE card I successfully bought was a 3090. So now I'm just considering just using it. If I can get my hands on a 6900XT or a 3080 ti, I think I can sell the 3090 FE at cost. Given the scarcity, I think it's a safe bet.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
Haven't been following rumors, but I'm guessing the 3080 Ti offers very modest core count or clock speed improvements over the 3080, if any at all. The big plus will be greater RAM capacity and any bandwidth improvements that accompany it.

EDIT: Just checked Tom's and that's not the rumor at all. A 3090-level CU count doesn't make sense, nor does a 20GB of Nvidia's RAM for $1000. But we'll see. If they do produce to this rumored spec these cards will be more rare than hen's teeth, and probably cost near a 3090 anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Haven't been following rumors, but I'm guessing the 3080 Ti offers very modest core count or clock speed improvements over the 3080, if any at all. The big plus will be greater RAM capacity and any bandwidth improvements that accompany it.

EDIT: Just checked Tom's and that's not the rumor at all. A 3090-level CU count doesn't make sense, nor does a 20GB of Nvidia's RAM for $1000. But we'll see. If they do produce to this rumored spec these cards will be more rare than hen's teeth, and probably cost near a 3090 anyway.

From a marketing standpoint, they can't sell a card that loses to the 6900XT for more - heck, even matching performance they may not be able to do that.

I fully expect this version of the 3080 Ti to be real and release around January at a price competitive with the 6900XT - but like you said, guess we'll see.