Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
I feel like I'm at a custom water cooling anonymous meeting.... With Fabio and threestripeviada...

Hi, I'm DrHudacris and I've been addicted to custom water cooling, but now I will be going with a 120AIO and 3 slot air cooled GPU.
Wait, what?!

What the heck is going on here?! Hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris

SleazyC

Efficiency Noob
Nov 14, 2020
Longtime lurker preparing components for my first custom loop T1. I know @fabio did a 2x240mm rad build with a Magicool G2 and a TX240 but I was curious if a 2x TX240 build was viable. Since the TX240 performs so well I was thinking to pair two of them together instead of an EKWB Classic or the Magicool G2.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I feel like I'm at a custom water cooling anonymous meeting.... With Fabio and threestripeviada...

Hi, I'm DrHudacris and I've been addicted to custom water cooling, but now I will be going with a 120AIO and 3 slot air cooled GPU.
Now I really want to do it. I just hope I can remember how to put the cooler back into my card.

• Haha

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017

i get it! I keep buying more WC stuff and keep changing setups in my T1.

Last edited:

alololox

Case Bender
New User
Nov 14, 2020
That might depend on your country and delivery service. But it could be worse as COVID is on the rise.

[Germany speaking]
Posting my shortened tracking history:
(my package was anounced about 2 weeks earlier)

Mo, 26.10.2020, 10:26: delivered
Fr, 23.10.2020, 21:27, SCHKEUDITZ: arrival at DHL Station (Germany)
Fr, 23.10.2020, 06:26, HONG KONG: left DHL Station (HK)
Do, 22.10.2020, 11:57, TSING YI ISLAND: picked up by DHL

But flights might have decreased since then, so could take longer.

thanks for the info! HK to DE in 4 days is crazy. DHL is FAST. ?Here’s to hoping China Post pass it off to Canada Post sooner rather than later ?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
This is how my T1 going to be for the next 7-10 days ? Only CPU in the loop for now, Big Navi Liquid Devil can't come soon enough.

If everything goes well, will do various testing for the fans on top of the radiator (Scythe Slipstream 2000RPM, A12x15 and A12x25). Ultimately will be the Scythe fan on top, already dry fit it and top panel closes easily without any bulge.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
This is how my T1 going to be for the next 7-10 days ? Only CPU in the loop for now, Big Navi Liquid Devil can't come soon enough.

If everything goes well, will do various testing for the fans on top of the radiator (Scythe Slipstream 2000RPM, A12x15 and A12x25). Ultimately will be the Scythe fan on top, already dry fit it and top panel closes easily without any bulge.
The 5700XT Liquid Devil is 162mm tall, is the Big Navi going to fit?

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
Hi all, I'm planning my routing for my custom loop. I saw this image somewhere (pretty sure it's an earlier build from @fabio ?).
I was wondering if anybody has done that route from CPU to GPU with 10/16mm tubes, specifically also in 3-slot mode:

I’ve done it in 2slot GPU with offset PSU, I assume it would be possible in 3Slot GPU. I have the PSU as close to front panel as possible. I believe it squeezes very slightly. 10/16 ZMT tubing.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
The 5700XT Liquid Devil is 162mm tall, is the Big Navi going to fit?
no info yet so no idea, but will make it work anyway LOL (if it continues to be EK-collab then terminal rotary to the rescue!)

I might have to make a custom radiator that also functions as the Top Panel for the T1 to support the heat output. As OptimumTech video shows, regular 240 AIO just won't do it.
And I'm still waiting for Freeflow & Distro plate ?

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Longtime lurker preparing components for my first custom loop T1. I know @fabio did a 2x240mm rad build with a Magicool G2 and a TX240 but I was curious if a 2x TX240 build was viable. Since the TX240 performs so well I was thinking to pair two of them together instead of an EKWB Classic or the Magicool G2.
Hey! I’ve tried with 2 TX240 in that configuration, and for me was impossible, I’ve explained also on Reddit why.
BUT, maybe, rotating 180degrees the side radiator as I had it in the 240+120 side rad, can work!
But was such a complex and weird connection that I am not confident to suggest ?

SleazyC

Efficiency Noob
Nov 14, 2020
Hey! I’ve tried with 2 TX240 in that configuration, and for me was impossible, I’ve explained also on Reddit why.
BUT, maybe, rotating 180degrees the side radiator as I had it in the 240+120 side rad, can work!
But was such a complex and weird connection that I am not confident to suggest ?
TX240's are tough to come by at the moment so I might just go Magicool at the moment. You posted on reddit that the G2 seems to be the OEM version of the EKWB and the performs should be equal? For the top rad given that fitting another TX240 might be tough it looks like the Magicool/EKWB are the best bet here. Or are there other radiators I should consider?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018

Side Rad of a HJ17 is the way to go.

I get 5mm clearance with noctua 15mm’s.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
TX240's are tough to come by at the moment so I might just go Magicool at the moment. You posted on reddit that the G2 seems to be the OEM version of the EKWB and the performs should be equal? For the top rad given that fitting another TX240 might be tough it looks like the Magicool/EKWB are the best bet here. Or are there other radiators I should consider?
It’s not about the radiator. It’s the ports position that create some clearance issue! Any rad between 20 and 27 is fine. EKWB Classic or Alphacool ST25 or Magicool doesn’t matter. The TX perform a bit better, but we can say just 2/3 C.

nater.2003

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2020
Probably a stupid question, but what is causing the directly conflicting reports by Navic and fabio about the viability of 120mm radiators?

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
Probably a stupid question, but what is causing the directly conflicting reports by Navic and fabio about the viability of 120mm radiators?
There are so many variables. Navic running a 3600, fabio running a 3900X, so two very different processors with very different TDPs. One would think that, if a 120mm AIO is ok on a 3900X, then it should be more than adequate on a 3600, but it appears that isn't the case. Different programs to stress the CPU. Just to name a couple. (I'm sure they're also using different mobo's, vid cards, etc etc etc. Different ambient temps etc etc)

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
BTW, I wanted to test a custom 120 loop against the 120 AIO, and OF COURSE, there is NO difference.
Here the temp of the custom loop and the pics!

I've used the latest Eisbaer LT block found in the 92mm kit, that has the Nickel Plated coldplate.
I've also switched the included pump with the new DC-LT (Is more silent though).
The radiator is a 30mm Alphacool ST30.

2-2.jpg