Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Wow nice to see the thermal performance! That's what I will be challanging with my 240+280 negative pressure plan. The build is alomst there. I'm going to build it after I take my GRE test on 10.16, just a few days left!

Could you provide the CPU + GPU power corresponding to those tests? That will provide a better reference to decide which is better.

BTW the 240 + 280 negative pressure plan may not be the end! I just found a possible way to actively cool a 280*30mm radiator at GPU side. I need to wait until I get the case to find out whether I can really make it. Hoping that to enable us to extremely overclock everything in this 9.5L case (maybe 250W CPU + 400W GPU)!
A 280mm rad in the T1??? Maybe it will be possible with the new FE Block from EKWB, MAYBE!! I didn't try to fit it though, yet! ?

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
A 280mm rad in the T1??? Maybe it will be possible with the new FE Block from EKWB, MAYBE!! I didn't try to fit it though, yet! ?
Unfortunately no. I only get a 3080 reference card, the clearance is a little less than 100mm. Even fitting a 80mm fan there is not that possible since ports of the radiator occupies about 20mm.

But that's not the problem! We have more than 10mm clearance at the top (I mean the opposite side from the "official" place of fans)! Noctua's A4x10 may fit there. I'm waiting for the case to gather precise dimensions. There may be a way to have a custom-made shell to instal 6-7 40mm fans at the top and at least two 40mm fans at the side to make it a blower-like system. For a 800rpm optimized radiator I think 8 40mm noctua fans will do the job.

Let's control the air flow!!!!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Thanks for sharing all great builds and insight, it’s been so helpful. I had a question on LT240 vs Corsair h100i, for someone who has never built a water cooled PC before what would be the recommendation? Cost isn’t the concern, it’s more around reliability, maintenance and ease of set up. It seems the LT240 is a favourite and ideally that’s what I would like to go with but do want to know how it compares to Corsair in the areas I mentioned and is it recommended for a newbie. Thank you!
In my opinion, the only reason to get the LT240 is if you want to add the GPU to the loop sometime down the line. For most people, the H100i or any other 240mm AIO (if your build needs a 240mm AIO) will be just fine and will be easier to work with. Plus, the pump on the LT240 is the same pump people have been having problems with in their custom loops, so I would personally go with the corsair as it is more reliable and has more features.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
In my opinion, the only reason to get the LT240 is if you want to add the GPU to the loop sometime down the line. For most people, the H100i or any other 240mm AIO (if your build needs a 240mm AIO) will be just fine and will be easier to work with. Plus, the pump on the LT240 is the same pump people have been having problems with in their custom loops, so I would personally go with the corsair as it is more reliable and has more features.
I have the LT240 and am very happy with it. Temps and compatibility are outstanding.
Materials like the copper rad are good, and spare parts are available so that I will be able to use it for years and in different builds...
That being said I bought it for 55 euro which made it attractive in my case and had to swap to tygon tubes with new connectors and new coolant.
I knew this beforehand so not really a problem.
That made it more expensive and a hassle you wouldn't need to deal with with a aio like the H100i.
Since I wanted to do a direct die build with liquid metal the copper plate on the pump block was preferred.
Ultimately my motherboard prevented me to have it as I wished. The direct die guard didn't fit because the caps would hit the pump block.
Filling the damn thing without bubbles was time-consuming and really a two man job.
Do I recommend it. No not really, unless you know you want a copper rad with upgradability and that is rebuildable but have no need for leds.

Reactions: fabio

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Can you expand more on these issues with the LT solo block? I am only aware of the low flow when using quick disconnects or restrictive components in the loop?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Can you expand more on these issues with the LT solo block? I am only aware of the low flow when using quick disconnects or restrictive components in the loop?
The pump in the LT240 is the same as the ones people are putting in their DC LT 40 pumps for custom loops. The DCLT 2600, and some have had problems with the pump failing in both the LT240 and the standalone DCLT 2600 that they put in their custom loops. From everything I've seen in here, alphacool's quality doesn't seem to be great. Reservoirs leaking, pumps failing, etc.

Reactions: DrLeroy

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

Alphacool's quality control is a bit lacking and that's being polite. My lt240 rad came out of the box warped, two of my dc-lt 40's came broken because of the cheap plastic they use. I will never use their products again. STAY AWAY FROM ALPHACOOL!

khayoz

Efficiency Noob
Oct 1, 2020

Thanks Navic, that's really helpful! I'll stick with Corsair if I go with 240, having said that after the AMD announcement I've decided to go for the 5600x, would that require a 240 or would 120 be enough or even air cooling like a Blackridge?

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Alphacool's quality control is a bit lacking and that's being polite. My lt240 rad came out of the box warped, two of my dc-lt 40's came broken because of the cheap plastic they use. I will never use their products again. STAY AWAY FROM ALPHACOOL!
I see, TBH i have an LT solo int he cupboard for when my T1 arrives, but with the other options popping up now, i am leaning towards the Nuvolo option and sell on my LT Solo anyway, i just hadn't heard anything bad about the pump/block specifically. cheers for the feedback.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I see, TBH i have an LT solo int he cupboard for when my T1 arrives, but with the other options popping up now, i am leaning towards the Nuvolo option and sell on my LT Solo anyway, i just hadn't heard anything bad about the pump/block specifically. cheers for the feedback.

I would go for the Nuvolo, you have a dedicated community here and access to the builder/designer if there are any issues. That's the best thing about this forum. It's a community and people actually care.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Thanks Navic, that's really helpful! I'll stick with Corsair if I go with 240, having said that after the AMD announcement I've decided to go for the 5600x, would that require a 240 or would 120 be enough or even air cooling like a Blackridge?
We'll have to wait for independent reviews, but if AMD's claims about keeping the power consumption the same as this gen, then a 120mm AIO will be fine for a 5600x

BOGLOAD

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2020
New case should arrive in a week or so, and I've been doing a bit of research. Was planning on doing a 2-slot build, which everything I own should easily transpose into. But I do want a 3080 when stock levels come good, so am considering doing it 3-slot in preparation. Seems like the better option than a rework of the internals.

Will be using an EK-120 for my current 2600X (will likely grab a cheap 3600 now that the 5000 series has been announced), so wondering if I'm going to run into problems using the current G.Skill Trident RGB RAM (3200/CL14) that I have in 3-slot mode? I feel like 2-slot won't pose any problems, but 3 might. Can anyone confirm/deny ram height clearance issues?

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Will be using an EK-120 for my current 2600X (will likely grab a cheap 3600 now that the 5000 series has been announced), so wondering if I'm going to run into problems using the current G.Skill Trident RGB RAM (3200/CL14) that I have in 3-slot mode? I feel like 2-slot won't post any problems, but 3 might. Can anyone confirm/deny clearance issues?
It depends on your motherboard and where it places the RAM sticks. If it has the RAM sticks low enough (closer to the PCIe slot) then you should be able to route the tubes above the RAM, but it would be tight. However, most motherboards don't have this kind of placement, so the tubes will have to go over the RAM, which might be a problem with your current sticks. You can try it, but I don't know if they will work perfectly.
I don't think anyone has actually seen if the tubes can go over taller RAM like the sticks you have, so if you do happen to try and make it work (with the tubes going over the RAM), do post your experience on the FormD subreddit, as I've just been recommending people get lower profile RAM to be safe.

BOGLOAD

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2020
do post your experience on the FormD subreddit

Will absolutely do. It's not higher than some other boards I've looked at, but not substantially lower. I think I *may* be able to route just above the levers for the sticks, but that'll be something on the day of build :)

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
I don't think anyone has actually seen if the tubes can go over taller RAM like the sticks you have, so if you do happen to try and make it work (with the tubes going over the RAM), do post your experience on the FormD subreddit, as I've just been recommending people get lower profile RAM to be safe.
I'm most likely gonna be grabbing a set of the Crucial Ballistix RGB sticks which are slightly shorter than the G.Skills. Once I actually get round to buying the parts I'll report back on the 3 slot tube clearance unless someone gets to it before me (which isn't hard because I'm really taking my time waiting for Zen 3 benchmarks lol)

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
@Van0 which pump are you using that the Quadro can power from a fan header?
I didn't think about running my pump from the Quadro and bought a Poweradjust too XD
Would there be any drawbacks by just running a Quadro, versus a Quadro for fans and the Poweradjust for the pump?
Maybe also @fabio can chime in on this?

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Id
@Van0 which pump are you using that the Quadro can power from a fan header?
I didn't think about running my pump from the Quadro and bought a Poweradjust too XD
Would there be any drawbacks by just running a Quadro, versus a Quadro for fans and the Poweradjust for the pump?
Maybe also @fabio can chime in on this?

I don’t know much about the poweradjust but the quadro is capable of 25W per channel and the EK-DDC 3.2 PWM draws up to 18W, so no issues with power draw. Mind you in drawing less than half that for a quiet build, so heat is also not an issue

mwc87

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 9, 2020
Hi W360, it looks like I just missed the pre-order a week or two ago, will they be coming back up for order soon? I'm keen to get my hands on a T1!

Thanks

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Hi W360, it looks like I just missed the pre-order a week or two ago, will they be coming back up for order soon? I'm keen to get my hands on a T1!

Thanks
Orders open every friday at 9:00am PST

Edit: I was wrong

Last edited:

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019

Thanks
2020-10-08: Preorders suspended until further notice.
Due to limited manufacturing capacity heading into peak season (October to December), we are NOT taking orders until we get more capacity. To that end, we hope to resolve this constraint in October to reopen before November.

Reactions: eedev