Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
There is a problem with that though, you would have to mount the radiator and fan to the top panel, because the included mounting bracket will not support that kind of configuration. Also, you'd have to be mindful of the end caps on the radiator interfering with the motherboard

Adding to this with a hard number: the width of the radiator must be 120mm or less, and the length of the radiator less than 152mm. Otherwise your max radiator thickness must be less than 42mm. This applies to 120mm radiator/AIO)

Reactions: pwnedundies

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Does the FormD T1 Friday Order charge on order or on shipment? Seems it's on order. Oof.
Are there any plans to allow voting for the eventual E-White Mesh panels? (See Below)

I doubt it, this isn't a Kickstarter and Wahaha360 has his hands full. I will ask him though

All the same, much appreciated.

Chrome gets my vote if it isn't white - though I look forward to being able to order black panels either way.

The problem I have with E-White and White Mesh Side Panel is color matching and consistency.

The E-White is not a bright white color. The Mesh Side Panel white color available to us is a lot brighter. The factory doesn't want to take responsibility outside of the bright white they offer. That bright white is also very shinny, like the Cooler Master NR200.

Shinny Bright White Mesh Panel on Darker E-White T1 or just use a different color for Mesh Side Panel...this is the heart of the internal debate.

I sent Light Gray and Chrome Mesh Side Panels with E-White T1 to @Optimum Tech, so just wait for his video.

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
Might be a silly question and not entirely possible, and it might be have been asked and answered before, but is there scope in the design and construction of this case to allow for a solid front panel in one part with no ‘seam’?

BSartist

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2020
The problem I have with E-White and White Mesh Side Panel is color matching and consistency.

The E-White is not a bright white color. The Mesh Side Panel white color available to us is a lot brighter. The factory doesn't want to take responsibility outside of the bright white they offer. That bright white is also very shinny, like the Cooler Master NR200.

Shinny Bright White Mesh Panel on Darker E-White T1 or just use a different color for Mesh Side Panel...this is the heart of the internal debate.

I sent Light Gray and Chrome Mesh Side Panels with E-White T1 to @Optimum Tech, so just wait for his video.
Will those with E white preorders be able to modify their order if they don’t like the mesh color that is selected? I can’t see myself liking the chrome panel under any circumstances. Light grey or black I could see looking nice. I was looking forward to all white though!

Reactions: robinpfeiffer

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Might be a silly question and not entirely possible, and it might be have been asked and answered before, but is there scope in the design and construction of this case to allow for a solid front panel in one part with no ‘seam’?

We thought about it, for the sake of ease of assembly and visual distinction, we scrap the idea.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
230? I would guess that's 240 but even if thickness checks, xflow has double "chamber" which makes it larger

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 @fabio

TX is 20mm with 16mm core 13 tubes 22fpi (shroud to core difference is 2mm each side)

GTS is 30mm with 20mm core 14 tubes 16fpi (shroud to core is 5mm each side)

Hardware labs L series (bitspower leviathan) is exact same as GTS but 12 tubes.

EK classic is the same as L series but 27mm (so shroud is 3.5mm each side?)

Koolance CU720 is 30mm with 20mm core 12 tubes 30fpi (shroud is 5mm each side).

So lowest shroud height of 2mm each side is possible but most choose 5mm. And by the way, hardware labs is the OEM for all but the XSPC above. The XSPC performs very well despite thinner core, so if we are talking fully custom radiator for AIO solution, my dream would be:

17mm overall thickness, 15mm core, between 22-30FPI (say 25?), 12 tubes. And the key is shroud to core height of 2mm on one side and 0mm on the other. So give up push pull option but gain 2x A12x25 possiblity. But some might wonder if they wanted to put the fans on the other side (push instead of pull or vice versa), the solution is easy: 4 ports totals like the leviathan SF, so you simply flip the radiator around and still have ports on the other side. This would be END-GAME radiator.

Edit: adding alphacool ST25 (which I assume is same as st30 with shorter shrouds, I think safe to assume since ST30 has just a 16mm core in 30mm body) 25mm overall, 16mm core, 16fpi, 14 tubes, so shrouds of 4.5mm each side.

Edit 2: @stanleyguan has a great point of the 17mm radiator on taobao, the core is flush with screw hole shrouds. Simply keep fins and tubes out of the area of the screw holes and you can have a 17mm core, high fin density, full size fan capable, ultimate SFF radiator.
I hope someone comes up with a design where the entire thickness is the core. With the 17mm Hanjiang radiator I tested, the screws actually go into the core (the fins just get pushed out of the way). I think with some customization one can make a radiator where the screw holes sit flush with the core, and the fins under the screw holes are simply removed to accommodate the screws. Then we can have a 17mm-core radiator with 25mm fans!

The Hangjiang 17mm stanleyguan mentioned is in the mail.

I will reach out to Hardwarelabs also.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I just managed to get my Aquanaut in the T1 in 3 slot gpu configuration, with a res and a standard 240mm radiator all with rigid tubing. No panel bulge either.

However, was a massive pain and I just realised as I finished it the Barrow water block I have is quite thick, so I don’t get 40mm’s of clearance for a rad on the gpu side.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I have something similar to that radiator in my case now.

I plan to swap that out and plan to use a 17mm radiator in the case bottom and next to the GPU from TaoBao via superbuy.