Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ScubaSteve

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 16, 2020
I'm in Canada - it just so happens that the only V850 SFX page on the Cooler Master website that's live happens to be on the AU side of things.

I reached out to them and got the following:

Thanks for the detailed feedback.
  • CPU: At what point would adding that third fan become necessary? With a X900 or X950 Zen 3 equivalent? Also, would adding the third fan have any positive effect on cooling for the GPU - which will probably run much hotter?
  • RAM: Unfortunately the Crucial Ballistix MAX is $574 CAD - three and a half times the cost of G.Skill memory I was looking at, and more than double the non-MAX variant. It seems to me that the only difference MAX & Non-MAX seems to be the style of the RGB strip (Continuous vs split) and the frequency/timing. Would the MAX really be worth an extra $300 CAD?
  • SSD: Sounds like a smart idea - I'll be waiting for Zen 3 and Big Navi to shake up Nvidia so they release 20GB 3080s anyway, so I'll probably also be able to wait for Gen 4 prices to go down somewhat. (They're still double Gen 3 prices here in Canada)
  • PSU: Do you have an ETA on the Corsair 850W Platinum PSU for North America?
Again, all the feedback is much appreciated.

Side question - are E-White and White different planned FormD T1 color options/materials? Confused from reading the subreddit then looking at the post @Navic mentioned above. Also, is it possible to get black mesh with the white model instead, or is it an add-on that must be purchased along with it?

Thanks again, everyone.
It's definitely not worth $548 and even $243 seems like a lot considering there's a lot of kits for <$180 CAD. Depends on how much you value the RGB I guess.

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
CPU: Yeah, I'd say a third fan can help when you start to get those more power hungry CPUs

RAM: You do not need that Ballistix MAX RAM. It is faster than most people need. Get a 3200MHz or 3600MHz kit that's lower profile and you're fine.

It's definitely not worth $548 and even $243 seems like a lot considering there's a lot of kits for <$180 CAD. Depends on how much you value the RGB I guess.

Much appreciated - I'll definitely contemplate switching to basic RAM if neither the Trident Z Neo RGB or Crucial Ballistix RGB work with the corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO tubes as currently planned.

There's 50.2mm of space between the board and side panel for CPU cooler height, so applying that here, the Trident Z would leave 6.99mm of clearance over the ram for tubes while the Crucial set would leave 11mm.

That said, I'd like to route the tubes around the ram if possible, otherwise they'd just get in the way of the RGB effect which is the whole point.

Then again, if the AIO pump is bright enough, maybe that won't be a problem.

Color: There is a silver color and a "cerakote" white color. The cerakote is super white, the silver is just silver. As for the black mesh with the cerakote white, I don't think that will be possible and you'd have to buy the black mesh separately if it becomes an accessory. The silver on the other hand, does come with a black mesh side panel by the looks of it.

Sounds good - I'll check into that - I assume the Cerakote white is the E-White currently on the website? The mesh and aluminum show up on the webpage as well but every time I've checked they've been out of stock. Are they stocked up every Friday like the cases?

Thanks again for the help.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I assume the Cerakote white is the E-White currently on the website? The mesh and aluminum show up on the webpage as well but every time I've checked they've been out of stock. Are they stocked up every Friday like the cases?
Yes, the "cerakote" finish is the e-white color.
The mesh panels do not go on sale every friday, and I'm not sure when they will actually go on sale, if at all. They have not been sold at all yet, just like all the accessories. I believe wahaha is concentrating on getting cases out the door first, then working on the add-ons / alternatives

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Please make a 2.5 slot mode, it'll be really really good for custom loops!
You really don't need 2.5 slot for anything really, 3 slot can do basically everything, and as many people have already demonstrated, 2 slot is just fine for water cooling. Wahaha has already said no to this idea because the very slight and niche benefits it would add are not worth the extra cost to make it happen.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
  • CPU: At what point would adding that third fan become necessary? With a X900 or X950 Zen 3 equivalent? Also, would adding the third fan have any positive effect on cooling for the GPU - which will probably run much hotter?
  • RAM: Unfortunately the Crucial Ballistix MAX is $574 CAD - three and a half times the cost of G.Skill memory I was looking at, and more than double the non-MAX variant. It seems to me that the only difference MAX & Non-MAX seems to be the style of the RGB strip (Continuous vs split) and the frequency/timing. Would the MAX really be worth an extra $300 CAD?
  • SSD: Sounds like a smart idea - I'll be waiting for Zen 3 and Big Navi to shake up Nvidia so they release 20GB 3080s anyway, so I'll probably also be able to wait for Gen 4 prices to go down somewhat. (They're still double Gen 3 prices here in Canada)
  • PSU: Do you have an ETA on the Corsair 850W Platinum PSU for North America?
  • CPU: yeah if you OC x900/x950 parts then every little helps. not sure about the effect on GPU temps though, my guess would be marginal since the GPU fan intake does most of the work
  • RAM: just get the non-MAX, the MAX is really for high speed and OC
They were saying that one is upcoming - but I can't find anything on it - guess 750w is what it'd have to be for now.
  • PSU: no ETA on 850W SFX platinum, just aware that it is on sale in China

Flightpath

Efficiency Noob
May 19, 2020
What's the optimal fan configuration for a 240mm AIO? Should I be placing the fans underneath the radiator pushing air through or above pulling it out? I'll be using a 3080 TUF by the way if the GPU on air makes a difference.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
What's the optimal fan configuration for a 240mm AIO? Should I be placing the fans underneath the radiator pushing air through or above pulling it out? I'll be using a 3080 TUF by the way if the GPU on air makes a difference.

Personally I've always had my AIOs in pull since it makes cleaning dust off the fins easier than having to remove fans to do so in push - that said, because it would require 15mm thick fans I'm not sure how that'd change things.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
@Wahaha360 Will it be a future version of the T1 that solves compatibility problems with the main air cooler it claims to support (Nh-l12s)?

Most builds I'm seeing if not all require to remove part of the strut for it to fit

Reactions: nulio

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
You can get the L12 ghost edition.

Sorry gwert but I know my alternatives. I know you trying to help him with inquiries and stuff but the question is still unanswered!

Just interested if it's going to be addressed in future versions since the only supported orientation is the one that Noctua does not recommend using (in flipped orientation which is optimal for cooling)

Edit: just reading my answer I realize I came out rude ? I appreciate the recommendation @gwertheim

Last edited:
Reactions: PKAWA

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Sorry gwert but I know my alternatives. I know you trying to help him with inquiries and stuff but the question is still unanswered!

Just interested if it's going to be addressed in future versions since the only supported orientation is the one that Noctua does not recommend using (in flipped orientation which is optimal for cooling)

Edit: just reading my answer I realize I came out rude ? I appreciate the recommendation @gwertheim

This post has extensively tested the L12s, including in a 90 degree orientation that won't interfere with your strut with some motherboards. Worth a look!

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

First off I am going to go cry now :p

Not sure if Wahaha360 is thinking about revisions at this point since it's been out for less than a year especially when tooling is stupid expensive.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
This post has extensively tested the L12s, including in a 90 degree orientation that won't interfere with your strut with some motherboards. Worth a look!

Yes but precisely in 90 degree fabio had to remove the strut as it is shown in the pics he shared. L12s heatsink seems to be protruding by around or at least 1 cm? which is a lot, not sure if there's any current motherboard that has the CPU socket that much lower to the point it won't interfere

Reactions: DrHudacris

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
2020-06-14 Color Update!

Initially thoughts, Two Tone looks surprisingly ok on Black Mesh. Gunmetal Gray on Black Mesh turned out way better than I imagined. Silver alone haven't tasted yet.

Getting White color next week, will compare White vs Silver, then we can finalize the colors for this batch's preorder.

Still can't get enough of that two tone black+white T1. Feels like the color it was always meant to be. Are there any plans to offer an alternate version like the two-tone black/silver, but white with black mesh?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
The Aquanaut fits very nicely into the T1. I'm currently bleeding the loop but I definitely prefer it to the Apogee.

I think I might be able to get it to work in the GPU 3 slot mode...

Do you have a link to the part?

EDIT: Nevermind I'm an idiot, your talking about the waterblock

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 Will it be a future version of the T1 that solves compatibility problems with the main air cooler it claims to support (Nh-l12s)?

Most builds I'm seeing if not all require to remove part of the strut for it to fit

That's on the motherboard vendors, has less to do with the case.

The rear I/O shield hitting the heat pipe on L12S is the problem that should be fixed. Other solutions are bandaids to a gun wound.

So I don't plan to make changes to the case - I already told ROG and Noctua to work it out.