Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Shagenator

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 22, 2020
It works in 3 and 2 slot mode, people have used that same AIO in both modes in the T1. The reason the compatibility sheet says it won't work is because it is just ever so slightly too tall (the pump/block) to fit by the official dimensions of the case, but as many people have demonstrated, you don't need to conform to the official specs of this case.
Thank you for clarifying! Just want to make sure it wasn't going to make the side panel 'bulge' ?. If not, then I'll hit buy!

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Getting keen for my T1 to arrive, I think I am in the late November batch.
Sorry if I have missed it, but I've not seen anyone use the back port on the case as a fill port yet? I was hoping to do this for my setup and trying to find the right fittings to be able to use.
Mrs has said no to a 3000 series card at the moment, apparently renovations on the house come first. . . so going CPU only loop for a while still running my 1080ti, but would like to prep my loop essentially as best i can for adding GPU in later, going to order fittings soon, already have rad, pump and fans. and it's this fitting that has me the most confused without the case in hand.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Getting keen for my T1 to arrive, I think I am in the late November batch.
Sorry if I have missed it, but I've not seen anyone use the back port on the case as a fill port yet? I was hoping to do this for my setup and trying to find the right fittings to be able to use.
Mrs has said no to a 3000 series card at the moment, apparently renovations on the house come first. . . so going CPU only loop for a while still running my 1080ti, but would like to prep my loop essentially as best i can for adding GPU in later, going to order fittings soon, already have rad, pump and fans. and it's this fitting that has me the most confused without the case in hand.

I feel like I'm missing one from the subreddit, but this is the only one I could find in recent posts. I could have sworn there was a second.

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Update on 3080 FE thermal test:

With 3-slot mode and card against side panel, I inserted a thermometer between the GPU fan and the back of PSU. It was toasty in there, at 58C. So flipping the PSU to have it intake GPU exhaust air doesn’t seem like a good idea. At the same time, the PSU exhaust air was about 45C.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Update on 3080 FE thermal test:

With 3-slot mode and card against side panel, I inserted a thermometer between the GPU fan and the back of PSU. It was toasty in there, at 58C. So flipping the PSU to have it intake GPU exhaust air doesn’t seem like a good idea. At the same time, the PSU exhaust air was about 45C.
Did you measure the temp of air entering into the GPU front fan?
How about the temp of exhaust from the other GPU fan (ie exhausting via the rear PCI slot)? It is interesting to see if that temp is also about 58C.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
I feel like I'm missing one from the subreddit, but this is the only one I could find in recent posts. I could have sworn there was a second.
Hmm, I can see the plug, but hard to see if there is any runs actually connected to this, from what i understand its G14 threaded right through, so could simply put a plug on the outside and then connect to a T piece on the inside inline with the loop to use as a fill port then. . . hmmm perhaps i just wait on case to arrive then test some generic fittings on it and make a decision, was just hoping to get all parts on my desk to build for when the T1 arrived.

@fabio did you do anything with the port on the back of the case in your tests?

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Did you measure the temp of air entering into the GPU front fan?
How about the temp of exhaust from the other GPU fan (ie exhausting via the rear PCI slot)? It is interesting to see if that temp is also about 58C.

Just took the measurements. The intake air is 26C, barely above ambient since it's against the side panel and taking air directly from outside the case. The rear IO panel exhaust is 57C, so basically no difference from the exhaust inside.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Generally speaking, what's the best AIO 240mm radiator and fan combo to use in a T1 if one is going something like an Asus TUF 3080 PC for the GPU and a x700 or x800-level Zen 3 CPU? (With no bulge or flex on the top panel)

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
Generally speaking, what's the best AIO 240mm radiator and fan combo to use in a T1 if one is going something like an Asus TUF 3080 PC for the GPU and a x700 or x800-level Zen 3 CPU? (With no bulge or flex on the top panel)
well considering no one knows how hot a Zen3 CPU would run you're asking a rhetorical question somewhat

Otherwise, refer to this post earlier by one of the mad scientists @DrHudacris for the best performing 240mm radiator in terms of thermals. Easiest fitting is the exact opposite order

The ranking of radiators (best to worse) is currently HWL GTS, TX, EK classic, and last LT240. The LT240 suffers from being thin and low FPI, but definitely easiest to fit.

So comparing fans on top with TX or HWL to fans bottom with LT240, you have to consider that due to better performance, you can run fans slower on the TX and HWL. In my own testing, the fans are a bit louder when between panel and radiator. But at least with noctua slim fans it's a pleasing wind rushing noise (sorry I don't know the technical term for this, but I found it not annoying).

EDIT: Just realised you were asking about AIO specifically sorry. I'd consider it a toss up between an EK AIO 240 DRGB or Corsair H100i Pro XT. The EK should have better thermals marginally but the Corsair can control fan speeds by coolant temp instead of CPU temp

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
get the M.2426 guys, it's amazing! more clearance for fan between radiator and PSU, open up spaces for routing and airflow also

Finally able to install the M.2426 in to the build today. What's the best cable management? To have NO cable at all ?

And here is the entire gallery

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
Hmm, I can see the plug, but hard to see if there is any runs actually connected to this, from what i understand its G14 threaded right through, so could simply put a plug on the outside and then connect to a T piece on the inside inline with the loop to use as a fill port then. . . hmmm perhaps i just wait on case to arrive then test some generic fittings on it and make a decision, was just hoping to get all parts on my desk to build for when the T1 arrived.
Hey mate, my pics might help you but the best way is, like you said, to just play around once the case arrives! Order extra fittings just in case!

The G1/4 to m19 supplied fitting sits flush on one side, sticks out about 3mm on the other. I actually attached a collar from a barrow fill port to keep the g1/4 to m19 adaptor from spinning when adjusting the external hose. The amount of room you have internally depends on the length of your radiator, I’m using a tx240 pushed all the way to the front. Internal T Piece/3 cube should fit with this radiator. It’s hard to use both rear fill ports unless you move the PSU plug.

Build V2
Build V1

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
You might be right. I've pre-ordered the 3080TUF but I'm sure the RDNA2 cards will be announced before I actually have it, so I'm definitely waiting for them.
Will be interesting to see what they bring. If they can rival the 3080 while using less power I might order one.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
get the M.2426 guys, it's amazing! more clearance for fan between radiator and PSU, open up spaces for routing and airflow also

This is awesome but uh.... what exactly am i looking at here? Sorry, T1 is gonna be my first SFF and i'm still learning the ropes. Handholding appreciated.

Edit: Pslate but power user mode?

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
Off topic, but if anyone is looking for a T1 specific bifurcation riser.. DM me. Have a new one for sale.

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
This is awesome but uh.... what exactly am i looking at here? Sorry, T1 is gonna be my first SFF and i'm still learning the ropes. Handholding appreciated.

Edit: Pslate but power user mode?