Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
The STRIX 3080 is 318,5 and supported GPU lenght is 312, a little over 6 mm... those who have the T1 is there any space left to make it cram somehow? Is 312 the absolute max lenght?

I ask because CPU pump clearance in 2 slots also says 50 mm but EK AIO which is 53 fits without problems, so maybe there's some clearance left in GPU side as well

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
The STRIX 3080 is 318,5 and supported GPU lenght is 312, a little over 6 mm... those who have the T1 is there any space left to make it cram somehow? Is 312 the absolute max lenght?

I ask because CPU pump clearance in 2 slots also says 50 mm but EK AIO which is 53 fits without problems, so maybe there's some clearance left in GPU side as well
Was wondering the same thing. A few cards with big * next to them fitting. ie. Evga XC3 in 2 slot mode as its 40.9mm thick from the PCB when T1 says max thickness is 39.2mm. And the EVGA FTW3. It's 136mm tall which is within the 140mm T1 spec. But will we be able to get the power cables into the card and close the lid?

Gonna be fun with people posting and tickering once we get some cards on hand. I've preordered the XC3 ultra and FTW3 ultra. My goal is to run the FTW3 in 3 slot mode, back up is XC3 in 2 slot and worst case scenario is XC3 in 3 slot mode. After people doing things in this case that were said to be impossible I'm optimistic about some of cards outside of the T1 specs fitting. Time will tell.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
FE is prob not a great idea in the case.
Thinking about ordering 7 fans either
or
to put them under the 3080tuf and pulling air out.

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Most of the heat in that case is just being blown directly down - so it just rises straight back into the case!

I mean, it doesn’t ever actually leave the case itself, just goes into the bottom compartment.

And unless you leave the case open or have the fan ducted to the side panel, the gpu is just going to be recirculating hot air from inside the case. If there’s less resistance pulling air from inside the case - it will.

Last edited:

The_Candyman

Efficiency Noob
Jul 8, 2020
FE is prob not a great idea in the case.
Thinking about ordering 7 fans either
or
to put them under the 3080tuf and pulling air out.
The H1 is very poorly designed for thermals so I'm not surprised it runs a 3080 hot, I think the T1 will have no problem running the TUF 3080 with the standard fan setup.

Reactions: PKAWA and TSOF

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
Thanks wahaha.

In case anyone is interested, I calculated the distance (in mm) between the case side panel and a number of fans when installed on a variety of CPU heatsinks. This applies to only when the case is in 3-slot GPU mode. Calculations are for both 6mm (standard) and 4mm mobo standoffs.

Now to work on the 3D models for some fan ducts.......

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Hi! New user here, looking forward to ordering the T1 next time they are available :)
Last piece of the puzzle is selecting a CPU cooling solution.
You mention here that it will work in both 2 and 3slot config, but on the compatibility spreadsheet it says it will only work in 2slot config.
Please confirm :)
It works in 3 and 2 slot mode, people have used that same AIO in both modes in the T1. The reason the compatibility sheet says it won't work is because it is just ever so slightly too tall (the pump/block) to fit by the official dimensions of the case, but as many people have demonstrated, you don't need to conform to the official specs of this case.