Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020

Argh, you're making my scientist eye twitch!!! Change one variable at a time!!! Hahahaha ????

MEASURED TEMPS

DELTA TEMPS

Any combination with a delta CPU temp below 50C is in the blue colour range

Conclusion: Switching to the second A12x25 has made a big difference. Time to start all of the testing again!!! ?????

PS. I'm running the new Microsoft Edge. Can anyone tell me why the images don't load on Imgur when I click the thumbnail image? A new tab opens for the Imgur page, but it's empty. They work in Chrome, but I prefer the new Edge as a browser.

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
First person I've seen online confirm they were actually able to order a FE.

Was that at 6am PT?
It was around 8:30am PT when people started to be able to add it to cart. But most people could not check out (it freezed at "CHECKING OUT..."). I refreshed and refreshed and finally it did let me.

Let’s stay on topic though as this thread is for T1 :)

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018

Luckily, I got one. Will do some thermal testing with A12x15 blowing on it, assuming it ships.

Well that's a shame, Stanley my guy. I was really starting to like you, but now we are mortal enemies.

Seriously though, I'm super glad you of all folks got an order through. I trust your tinkering abilities to suss out the feasibility of different second-radiator configs. Any specific plans on waterblocks you want to try on it? (Do I presume too much that you will explore waterblocks?)

Last edited:

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Well that's a shame, Stanley my guy. I was really starting to like you, but now we are mortal enemies.

Seriously though, I'm super glad you of all folks got an order through. I trust your tinkering abilities to suss out the feasibility of different second-radiator configs. Any specific plans on waterblocks you want to try on it? (Do I presume too much that you will explore waterblocks?)
Hahaha I almost lost hope when Nvidia and Best Buy both went "out of stock" instantly. Luckily it came around.

I'm waiting for the EK FE block. Looks like it will be at least a month or two before I will be able to get my hands on that. According to EK, "the Founders Edition water blocks will take a bit longer since EK is preparing something really special for those graphics cards". My only concern with the FE is the vertically mounted 12-pin connector, which seems to be ~25mm tall (PCB and backplate included). That could interfere with the side radiator and fans if TX240 and A12x15 are used, but shouldn't be an issue for thinner fans/rads. I'm also waiting for pslate to release the custom 12-pin cable.

Before the water block is ready I will see if it runs acceptably cool by itself, undervolted, and/or with two A12x25 fans blowing on it.

All of this assuming it ships of course :). I see that a FedEx label has been created for it, but I'm still feeling nervous before it actually gets shipped out.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Hahaha I almost lost hope when Nvidia and Best Buy both went "out of stock" instantly. Luckily it came around.

I'm waiting for the EK FE block. Looks like it will be at least a month or two before I will be able to get my hands on that. According to EK, "the Founders Edition water blocks will take a bit longer since EK is preparing something really special for those graphics cards". My only concern with the FE is the vertically mounted 12-pin connector, which seems to be ~25mm tall (PCB and backplate included). That could interfere with the side radiator and fans if TX240 and A12x15 are used, but shouldn't be an issue for thinner fans/rads. I'm also waiting for pslate to release the custom 12-pin cable.

Before the water block is ready I will see if it runs acceptably cool by itself, undervolted, and/or with two A12x25 fans blowing on it.

All of this assuming it ships of course :). I see that a FedEx label has been created for it, but I'm still feeling nervous before it actually gets shipped out.

Woof. Given the past 24 hours, consider me very nervous about any surprises EK has with regard to the FE blocks ?

Your initial thoughts about clearances already fill me with glee (we'll see if I have use yet for those crazy slim Scythe 120s I ordered), and I know I'm not alone in eagerly awaiting anyone's lived experience with the stock air cooler!

All jokes aside, very glad RNGesus blessed you. I'm sure FedEx gotchu from here. Thanks for being a rad resource for us T1ers

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
Most waterblocks have terminals on top that would pose more of a clearance problem than the 12-pin connector would. The fact that the EKWB FE waterblock has the terminals on the end of the card would seem to make it much easier to fit into most builds, wouldn't it?

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
That's where I've got so far. Three A12x15 with upright PSU is a small success. But I'm regretting trying it in the first place, it's just too difficult for me. 120mm AIO is more my level.

Still need a grill for the lower fan, maybe drop that fan altogether, custom SSD power cable, power cable for pump and quadro (molex), probably custom and I've left original where I cannot get to atm, and proper cable management. Because I didn't notice I'm missing molex cables till the very last minute I didn't fill the loop so it's unusable. GPU is still a placeholder for something later this year. Maybe quick release and external reservoir.

And it's crazy expensive. Case and cooling already almost matches my PC parts (without GPU). Again, my first attempt at this hobby.

Big thanks for @fabio for helping me out on zoom the other night.

Edit: What I'm saying is some people here have serious skill and passion.

Last edited:

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Most waterblocks have terminals on top that would pose more of a clearance problem than the 12-pin connector would. The fact that the EKWB FE waterblock has the terminals on the end of the card would seem to make it much easier to fit into most builds, wouldn't it?

Yes I think it helps. With the terminals on the top, if one wants to fit a side radiator it may be necessary to use the rotary terminal fittings.

Reactions: DrHudacris

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Potentially off topic but has anyone seen a spreadsheet of all the 3rd party 3080s with the relevant dimensional specs floating around? I'm trying to find the card with the fattest ass cooler that will fit in 3slot mode.

FTW3 fits at 2.75 but i swear i saw a 2.9 card at one point?

edit: probably thinking of the MSI ventus. 305 x 120 x 57 mm

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Potentially off topic but has anyone seen a spreadsheet of all the 3rd party 3080s with the relevant dimensional specs floating around? I'm trying to find the card with the fattest ass cooler that will fit in 3slot mode.

FTW3 fits at 2.75 but i swear i saw a 2.9 card at one point?

edit: probably thinking of the MSI ventus. 305 x 120 x 57 mm
Got this from reddit