Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I might have a stupid question about FormD T1 : Do we know when pcie Gen 4 riser will arrive on this case please?

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
TBH I don't think Optimum Tech is going the extreme route, case in point he picked the EK SE Classic rad instead of the TX240 or the more exotic options that many have shared in this thread. His build is more vanilla and there's nothing wrong with that, useful to wider audience who wants to know what's guaranteed to work and safe to build.
wouldn't be surprised if he moves back to the Ncase or maybe the NR200P since they fit more.

Reactions: thelaughingman

lilclie

Caliper Novice
Jul 14, 2019
he was planning on trying dual rad in the NR200 as well. Anyway, he's consitently giving us the most SFF content on YT.

I am glad that he's getting into mainstream, if not already. Its actually because of him which led me looking for forums like this one and having a template to build my Dan A4. With the T1, I am looking to try watercooling next.

Reactions: eedev

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I suppose mainly for @fabio and @DrHudacris (but others please do jump in as the spirit moves you!): I eBay imported a couple of the super slim Scythe 120x120x12mm fans (SY1212SL12H-P) that I believe fabio namechecked. Apparently I won't see them until mid-October :p For me it is in early anticipation of trying some wacky second radiator in GPU compartment configurations once Ampere waterblocks have settled out.

Are these good performers in terms of noise levels and airflow / pressure on a radiator? Or is it more that they are merely sufficient, but happen to be slim enough to fit in tight spots? Any preliminary thoughts also on a feasible second radiator? Another TX240 for me? Something else?

And I guess I also want to say that damn I hope the FE waterblocks turn out to be as spacious as they seem to be right now. I'll have to get my feet wet in a DDC pump driven loop next, if so 0:]

ten13th

Trash Compacter
Aug 5, 2020
This was posted in the Dice thread. Looks like the 3090 board is a shorty like the 3080.

Reactions: DrHudacris

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
I suppose mainly for @fabio and @DrHudacris (but others please do jump in as the spirit moves you!): I eBay imported a couple of the super slim Scythe 120x120x12mm fans (SY1212SL12H-P) that I believe fabio namechecked. Apparently I won't see them until mid-October :p For me it is in early anticipation of trying some wacky second radiator in GPU compartment configurations once Ampere waterblocks have settled out.

Are these good performers in terms of noise levels and airflow / pressure on a radiator? Or is it more that they are merely sufficient, but happen to be slim enough to fit in tight spots? Any preliminary thoughts also on a feasible second radiator? Another TX240 for me? Something else?

And I guess I also want to say that damn I hope the FE waterblocks turn out to be as spacious as they seem to be right now. I'll have to get my feet wet in a DDC pump driven loop next, if so 0:]

I have tried them. They are about 3C (coolant) worse than A12x15 when running at the same noise level (where they run about 100rpm slower), under a load of 120W. The fan blades also protrude by about 1mm over the frames on the intake side. Depending on how you are mounting it, you may need additional padding.

So I would recommend using it only if A12x15 is not feasible.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I have tried them. They are about 3C (coolant) worse than A12x15 when running at the same noise level (where they run about 100rpm slower), under a load of 120W. The fan blades also protrude by about 1mm over the frames on the intake side. Depending on how you are mounting it, you may need additional padding.

So I would recommend using it only if A12x15 is not feasible.

Ey Stanley-- been digging your Reddit posts! Glad to hear you've experience with them as well. Thanks for the head's up on fan protrusion.

I believe I remember seeing you mention that you've been planning layout for a radiator in GPU chamber too, right? (Or have I mixed you up with someone else on the subreddit?)

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Ey Stanley-- been digging your Reddit posts! Glad to hear you've experience with them as well. Thanks for the head's up on fan protrusion.

I believe I remember seeing you mention that you've been planning layout for a radiator in GPU chamber too, right? (Or have I mixed you up with someone else on the subreddit?)
Yep. I’m hoping to still use A12x15. But if I use TX240 as the side radiator that may leave very little clearance between the fans and the GPU such that the Scythe fans come out ahead. I’m going to test both config, and hopefully intake vs exhaust as well.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I'm planning on a loop rebuild and I'm contemplating adding another radiator in the GPU side.

1 x magicool G2 120mm (27MM rad) with 15mm noctua fan on the mobo side
1 x Bykski B-RD120-Tk (38mm rad) with 25mm thick fan on the PSU side
1 x NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper X-Flow 40mm with 5 * 40mm fans in the GPU space (with ducting to avoid re-circulation)

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Yep. I’m hoping to still use A12x15. But if I use TX240 as the side radiator that may leave very little clearance between the fans and the GPU such that the Scythe fans come out ahead. I’m going to test both config, and hopefully intake vs exhaust as well.

I humbly submit to the thread that you be elevated to one of our patron saints of T1 tinkering (T1nkering?).

Back on topic, any reason you've abandoned the 17mm Taobao radiator that you tested? Or is it also like the Scythe fans-- plan for something thicker, but fall back to it if dimensions are just too tight once you start actually building?

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
I humbly submit to the thread that you be elevated to one of our patron saints of T1 tinkering (T1nkering?).

Back on topic, any reason you've abandoned the 17mm Taobao radiator that you tested? Or is it also like the Scythe fans-- plan for something thicker, but fall back to it if dimensions are just too tight once you start actually building?
Haha there is so much fun tinkering.

I haven’t really abandoned the 17mm rad. I need to see which one is better. TX240 looks much better and is more performant (clearance not considered). But maybe the 17mm radiator can come out ahead because it leaves more room for the fans to intake/exhaust air. It will also be easier to fit due to its length and width. TX240 only leaves room for a pump that is ~35mm thick. The 17mm rad gives you about 2mm more.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Guys, I know that is OT, but here the official 3090 FE Bykski GPU block dimensions!

127x186.2x19.5 mm!!

Nifty!

>120mm in terms of length leftover (assuming that PCB doesn't extend beyond the block-- which I think is safe to assume by now for this round of Founders Edition PCBs). Just thinking about radiators in the GPU chamber, so I'd guess we have at least 120mm rads with a decent fan on the menu, right?

Do we have hard measurements on slot thickness? I know we have 2 slots or 3 slots, but does someone have the mm widths of those handy?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Nifty!

>120mm in terms of length leftover (assuming that PCB doesn't extend beyond the block-- which I think is safe to assume by now for this round of Founders Edition PCBs). Just thinking about radiators in the GPU chamber, so I'd guess we have at least 120mm rads with a decent fan on the menu, right?

Do we have hard measurements on slot thickness? I know we have 2 slots or 3 slots, but does someone have the mm widths of those handy?

18mm per slot - from memory.

edit memory is rubbish