Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
really wish this case was 1cm taller, what was the reasoning behind not allowing 25mm fans with rad?
Well, If you want to get a radiator with 25mm fans Ghost S1 is really the best choice, but that exceeds 10L.

And actually if you don't want to have two radiators (one active and one passive) like me, the slim Noctua A12x15 can really do its job.

Reactions: DrHudacris

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
Nice. It seems that it will look a bit odd on 3090 FE since that supposedly has a much bigger PCB, and the 12-pin connector won't align with the cutout (it will just be lying outside).
Right, so you can see the block itself exceeds 1-slot thickness. That will make it impossible to build a dual-card T1.

• Sad
Reactions: DrHudacris

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Clearly I am missing something, all this talk of a 240 rad not being able to support a 3090 and cpu, yet we have prooven cases of high end cpu's 3950x etc and Titans, 2080ti's on single 240mm loops together, the 3090 tdp is not that much higher than a 2080ti is it not? like 20w? am i missing something, just read a stack of new pages and am still at a loss on this one. I understand tht perhaps you may have better cpu temps or better gpu temps if you went one on water one on air, but temps are not the only reason people go water, noise is a big one also.

am I being super naive thinking ill water cool a 3090(or big navi) and my 3950x in the T1 on a single 240mm rad with light under voting? probably keep 3950x in eco mode as its been performing awesome in eco mode with my C7G cooler and noctua fan combo in my DanA4 so far that i dont think ill need to turn ECO off?

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
Clearly I am missing something, all this talk of a 240 rad not being able to support a 3090 and cpu, yet we have prooven cases of high end cpu's 3950x etc and Titans, 2080ti's on single 240mm loops together, the 3090 tdp is not that much higher than a 2080ti is it not? like 20w? am i missing something, just read a stack of new pages and am still at a loss on this one. I understand tht perhaps you may have better cpu temps or better gpu temps if you went one on water one on air, but temps are not the only reason people go water, noise is a big one also.

am I being super naive thinking ill water cool a 3090(or big navi) and my 3950x in the T1 on a single 240mm rad with light under voting? probably keep 3950x in eco mode as its been performing awesome in eco mode with my C7G cooler and noctua fan combo in my DanA4 so far that i dont think ill need to turn ECO off?
Need to be clear about the difference between a workstation and a gaming build. Relatively gaming PC requires more sufficient cooling since CPU and GPU reach full load together more frequently and for longer time. That's the thing, if you build a 3950x + 3090 for productivity, that may work and you just need to do some slight undervolting and do not overclock anything.

But, if you want this PC for gaming, IMO, you may need to hard undervolt your 3090 to simulate a "Max-Q" setup. Maybe undervolt it to arround 800mv and reduce the clock to around 1400-1500mhz. Only in this case a 240 radiator can handle the long time full work load with 3950x + 3090.

Then, if you're not an adventurer, 240 AIO cooling 3950x and air cooling 3090 may be the better config.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
probably keep 3950x in eco mode as its been performing awesome in eco mode with my C7G cooler and noctua fan combo in my DanA4 so far that i dont think ill need to turn ECO off?

:eek:T:

Hold up.

Seriously???. 3950x in C7G?. I mean I did do this in my P-ATX for a week, stock. But got scared. Do you mind PMin me some details? I would like to try this again. :D

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
:eek:T:

Hold up.

Seriously???. 3950x in C7G?. I mean I did do this in my P-ATX for a week, stock. But got scared. Do you mind PMin me some details? I would like to try this again. :D

yep, C7G with Noctua Fan, 3950X in Eco mode in a Dan A4, works well enough, its no good for sustained 100% loads though, but I run virtual machines mostly so need the cores, i never max out all cores at once.
under a gaming load, I only play light titles though, league of legends, CS:GO etc. and occasionally black desert online, but my 1080ti struggles on that one at 4K, but cpu wise its also fine, If i run a CPU-Z benchmark or load, it will hit 80deg though, so not suited for sustained 100% loads.

I plan to get a 3090 for cyberpunk though, and to finally get ultra 4K in BDO, Ill stick with plans for my loop then, i dont mind keeping my CPU in ECO mode and undervolting the gpu, still going to outperform my 1080ti undervolted, and the extra VRAM will be handy for 3d modelling (I work in CAD systems)

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
yep, C7G with Noctua Fan, 3950X in Eco mode in a Dan A4, works well enough, its no good for sustained 100% loads though, but I run virtual machines mostly so need the cores, i never max out all cores at once.
under a gaming load, I only play light titles though, league of legends, CS:GO etc. and occasionally black desert online, but my 1080ti struggles on that one at 4K, but cpu wise its also fine, If i run a CPU-Z benchmark or load, it will hit 80deg though, so not suited for sustained 100% loads.

I plan to get a 3090 for cyberpunk though, and to finally get ultra 4K in BDO, Ill stick with plans for my loop then, i dont mind keeping my CPU in ECO mode and undervolting the gpu, still going to outperform my 1080ti undervolted, and the extra VRAM will be handy for 3d modelling (I work in CAD systems)

Out perform you 1080ti! It will crush your 1080ti like a tank crushing a Ford fiesta.

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020

To be fair both the advocates and naysayers are all speculating at this point unless someone has insider knowledge of the exact heat output in watts (or joules even) for a 3950X and 3090 at max load, and is good enough at cooling system maths to calculate the parameters of a radiator to suit

personally we all need to calm down and wait for the damn things to actually land in the hands of people so we can start testing for real and get actual answers instead of maybe this maybe that

Reactions: ellroy80

Caleb

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2020

The official TDP specs from Nvidia are 250W for the 2080ti and 350W for the 3090, little bit more than 20W difference there.

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find the answer. I'm looking to order a set of custom PSU cables from DreamBigByRay either unsleeved or silicone for ease of routing.

What are the recommended cable lengths for normal PSU oritentation and for flipped PSU orientation?

It would be awesome if this could be put in the FAQ or the answer posted in the useful links page!

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
I've been reading about the TX240 + 3 fan setup. Did you try running a 25mm fan on the bottom of the rad? I'm wondering if there would be improved thermal performance if using a A12x25 instead.
I didn't and I don't plan to run a 25mm above the PSU either. I want as much space as possible for cabling and tube routing.

Plus, my OCD can't take 2 different fans playing push pull with each other lol.

• Haha
Reactions: ellroy80

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019
Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find the answer. I'm looking to order a set of custom PSU cables from DreamBigByRay either unsleeved or silicone for ease of routing.

What are the recommended cable lengths for normal PSU oritentation and for flipped PSU orientation?

It would be awesome if this could be put in the FAQ or the answer posted in the useful links page!

Try to read those post from reddit where you will find some answers:

custom_cables
t1_cable_lengths_pictures
flipped_psu

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
So with how short the water blocks for the 30x0 series cards, is anyone here planning on using an EK-VTX pump/res or even just the pump + a ddc top? Based on Fabio's tests it seems like it might be able to handle a second rad better as well, if that's able to be crammed in